Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get how people say the result changes if Frawley and Stratts etc are back - sliding doors are exactly that - sliding doors. Everything changes, could of been a major flogging and maybe porky kicks a bag on chip. Not as though they were on fire to begin with.

The player we really miss is Birch but after today's loss I can see them not rushing to bring him back

We already saw how bad Geelong were without Dangerfield in 2015, a bottom eight team.

The fact that Geelong only just won against a weakened Hawks outfit missing Frawley, Birchall, Rioli, Gibson, Stratton, O'Meara, O'Rourke and Ceglar sums up that Geelong aren't really a genuine Premiership contender. They'll get eaten alive by Adelaide or Western Sydney in a final.

Overall I'm proud of our effort. We won't be down the bottom of the ladder for too long.

One thing that keeps bugging me is Gunston playing up the ground. Every time he was inside 50 we looked like scoring. The coaching staff are robbing him of his talents by playing him in a non-effective role. Schoenmakers and O'Brien playing as the main key forwards isn't going to cut it.
They have beaten Adelaide at least the last 3 times they have played them and drew with GWS in Sydney just 2 weeks ago.

I don't like the Cats either but they up to their necks in this years premiership.

We already saw how bad Geelong were without Dangerfield in 2015, a bottom eight team.

The fact that Geelong only just won against a weakened Hawks outfit missing Frawley, Birchall, Rioli, Gibson, Stratton, O'Meara, O'Rourke and Ceglar sums up that Geelong aren't really a genuine Premiership contender. They'll get eaten alive by Adelaide or Western Sydney in a final.

Overall I'm proud of our effort. We won't be down the bottom of the ladder for too long.

One thing that keeps bugging me is Gunston playing up the ground. Every time he was inside 50 we looked like scoring. The coaching staff are robbing him of his talents by playing him in a non-effective role. Schoenmakers and O'Brien playing as the main key forwards isn't going to cut it.

I'm a bit over the Gunston experiment as well.
Let's push Breust behind the ball & see if he is invigorated by the move & keep Gunston, TOB & Shoey in kicking distance of goal.
We seem to be getting enough inside 50 so why not keep the guys there that can actually mark the ball.... or have I lost my grasp on how the game should be played???

Ruck - tap to mid
Mid - kick to forward
Forward - marks & kicks a goal

Crazy! I know... right o_O

They have beaten Adelaide at least the last 3 times they have played them and drew with GWS in Sydney just 2 weeks ago.

I don't like the Cats either but they up to their necks in this years premiership.

I hope they make a prelim and get absolutely decimated again. I hate $ydney but boy that was funny last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's push Breust behind the ball & see if he is invigorated by the move & keep Gunston, TOB & Shoey in kicking distance of goal.
We seem to be getting enough inside 50 so why not keep the guys there that can actually mark the ball.... or have I lost my grasp on how the game should be played???

Ruck - tap to mid
Mid - kick to forward

Reckon Breust is carrying a groin injury at the moment.

Ruck - tap to mid
Mid - kick to forward

Gunston at the half back is to help Hodgey IMHO. When Birchal returns he'll go back to forwardline and kicks goals (I hope).

I'm hurting. And I have drunk too much. And the keyboard looks different.

But we have had a pretty fantastic month of footy for a team that is on the rebuilding.

Our young players, I am not giving up on any of them yet. Not one. Alot of good signs.

Just putting it out there, don't believe the hype from the media that we can't make the 8. I have ran many different scenarios and if we win all of our games from here we can. Sure it will be hard, but given our form since the bye it is possible. If we don't win them all from here then we probably don't deserve to be in the 8.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is either carrying something or just not as good as player as we thought he was.

A little bit of both.. good player, not elite bracket but looks half fit also. When up and running he is a fair whack better than what he is showing up ATM.

Bruest needs a few weeks at Box Hill to get his confidence back, he is at an all time low, smith might have missed the winner but if Bruest did his job during the game we win.1.4 goals notgood enough from a former all australian

I don't get how people say the result changes if Frawley and Stratts etc are back - sliding doors are exactly that - sliding doors. Everything changes, could of been a major flogging and maybe porky kicks a bag on chip. Not as though they were on fire to begin with.

The player we really miss is Birch but after today's loss I can see them not rushing to bring him back

That's because Stratton is one of a few players at Hawthorn can tackle Dangerfield and bring him down. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back