Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Langford is almost trolling us at this point. He has shown the ability to take strong contested marks, his tackling and ferocious attack on the ball is outstanding and he shows more heart than anyone.

His kicking, however, is such a deficiency he really shouldn't be allowed near an AFL field. I cringed when he took that great mark 25m from goal in the last quarter, as you knew he'd be lucky to score.

He's just so frustrating, yet you can't fault his effort and I feel like he needs to be in the team.

Just putting it out there, don't believe the hype from the media that we can't make the 8. I have ran many different scenarios and if we win all of our games from here we can. Sure it will be hard, but given our form since the bye it is possible. If we don't win them all from here then we probably don't deserve to be in the 8.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mathematically? Perhaps. But we still need to play 3 top 8 teams and no longer lose any games......errr, nah! In fact now I'd prefer it this way. Finish the season early, have a good break and get cracking with the preseason. No use just scraping into the finals and get belted first game. And would also give a false sense of success to make the finals after such a mediocre year. But the future looks bright.

I'm sad and hurts, still sad :'( don't know how the players feeling now. I really really wants the win for Hodgey.

When the Fox footy cameraman told us 30 seconds to go and then Hodgey kicked that goal it feels like we can pinch the win :'(.

Anyway so glad watching the game without listening to the commentators. Really loved Roughy's game today, that tackle on Dangerfield and the way he's barking orders and lead by example, the future is bright.

Hope Isaac Smith is okay after that kick.

Another excellent effort by an under strength team and a great effort by Patrick Dangerfield.

I'm going to ignore you Dixie and start to point out a few home truths.

The Cheer squad.
The Mouth of the South is too lazy and or so far up himself to do any research pre game. It is nothing short of disgraceful for a million dollar know nothing to continuously insult listeners by not knowing the names of many players of the team he does not have his money on. His incompetence is displayed week in week out. He probably knows the middle and nick names of all Geelong players yet always gets Hartung's name wrong and to call a player 'somebody'(Heatherly) just confirms that the only way this crawler ever got anywhere was by licking politicians bums. His demented raving about Dangerfield's injury would have had Dangerfield's family and friends unnecessarily concerned about even a possible amputation. His wild eyed look when the camera was on him would have frightened his own family. The fact that he has shown so much faith in Buckley is sufficient evidence that his only talent is to big note himself on reality TV.

Have I made it clear that I have nothing but contempt for the fool.

The other cheer squad members simply follow the leader. If they choose to be as big a fool as him then that is their choice. There are really only two good match callers. One follows Essendon and the other - Geelong

Mathematically? Perhaps. But we still need to play 3 top 8 teams and no longer lose any games......errr, nah! In fact now I'd prefer it this way. Finish the season early, have a good break and get cracking with the preseason. No use just scraping into the finals and get belted first game. And would also give a false sense of success to make the finals after such a mediocre year. But the future looks bright.
Yeah, no doubt it will be hard, which is why I said if we don't win them all from here we don't deserve to make finals. Either way, an early break will be ok this year, equally, we will deserve it if we make finals, particularly with our injuries.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is either carrying something or just not as good as player as we thought he was.

I have no info on whether he is or isn't, just an observation from seeing him stretching. We can't change past performance, he was exactly as good a player as we thought he was. Whether he can get back there is unknown but we shouldn't rewrite history and discredit what actually happened based on present performance. That is probably a question of longevity/consistency rather than quality, but he hasn't exactly been a flash in the pan either, it's a fair resume over a number of years he has put together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baffled me that Burto was not on him, persisted with Brand and at times Kurt.

Thought the very same thing, Danger was getting isolated and he was just outclassing and outthinking Brand, Burto is a sharp operator and my initial thoughts were that he would have been a better match up, to be fair though, when a guy like Dangerfield is on he is ON and there isn't a whole lot anyone can do when that happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great effort but ffs why did Stewart play again after terrible stats last week?He had 6 possessions today which meant we were effectively a man down all day. Kid is clearly nowhere near afl standard and probably never will be.

White cross was really good in loosing side last week and should have come in for stewart. Bulkshit selection decision which backfired dramatically.

Too much bitterness on this thread. We have come a long way in two months.

My memory from the game is Hodge's bump on Danger - a ripper!!

Thought it was Roughead. The irony is that Dangerfield stood up while I thought Roughead went into his shell after quarter time.

Dangerfield was truly magnificent well played. Umps = comedy show. campaigner in front of me that was calling for free kick hawthorn wasnt complaining when their first 2 goals were free kicks stupid campaigner. Take the pressure Isaac, revel in it. Look at that goal in the 2013 GF nothing wrong with Isaac. Also Normy performance in the 2015 GF. We love ya issy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back