Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a great game by two superb teams who always play good attacking football. Our youngsters have come from nowhere to be on the verge of stardom. Congrats to all of them. And as for Mitchell - I just hope we can win most of the remaining games which would then put him in Brownlow contention.

Another home truth. Anyone who believes Umpires do not influence the result of games should go back to reading their Biggles Books.

With fair, honest consistent and competent umpiring Hawthorn would have won that game. Anyone who thinks differently should continue writing fan mail to their favorite Hollywood star.

The real question that should be asked about Umpires is 'Do they do it on purpose'. In these days of so many gambling opportunities I believe the temptation is too great for Umpires to refuse which then leads to the obvious conclusion which is that yes Umpires do gamble on their game.

An even bigger question is are any Umpires on the take. That is do they receive any inducement to fabricate results. I will leave that up in the air but if I ever came across Razor Ray my first and only question would be - do you know of the Peaky Blinders. Razor Ray would never Umpire any football game after that confrontation.

Just to warm your hearts.

12 losing margins 10 points and under since 2008 in Hawks v Cats matches.

Wins. Hawks 1. Cats 11.

Me? F##king over it.

Since 2008 - Geeong Premierships 2 - Hawthorn Preimeriships 3. I can live with that. #WhenItMatters.

Thought it was Roughead. The irony is that Dangerfield stood up while I thought Roughead went into his shell after quarter time.
The hodge vs danger was final quarter on the wing

Let's put this loss into perspective.

We are playing against a team who is gunning for the top spot on the ladder. We are a team no longer in transition but full on rebuild.

We are missing the following: Frawley, Stratton, Birchall, Rioli, Omeara, Puopolo. These players would without a doubt be best 22.

We lost the game by three points. THREE. Against a top 4 side. We even had the chance to bloody win it.

It was an amazing effort by the lads. We outplayed them for 120 minutes of the game. It's just a shame we couldn't ice it. It's another game of learning and teaching for the young blokes of the future. We have a bright one.

It's a shame we couldn't do it for Hodge's 300th. It's a shame the umpiring was atrocious (the Roughead non-free was absolutely damning and killed all our momentum).

But the positive is that as a side we are getting one step closer to our next flag. One week closer. One game closer.

Brand, Heatherley, Burton, Hardwick, Sicily, Howe and Stewart. Some of these players will be in our next flag. Some won't but the ones who are will benefit greatly from experiences like this.

What a brilliant game of football.

double Like.

This despite the fact that I hate and despise gellong more than you. More than anyone!

Great game. The youngsters played really bloody good. That run out of defence from Sicily was amazing. He took a risk and it paid off.
Thought we would pull it off after Hodge goal, ah well.
Dangerfield was the match winner, absolutely unstoppable.
Was very surprised how brave we were out of defence a lot. Kicked it into the middle too - against Geelong that's crazy. This new Hawks outfit has a lot of hutzpah which I like.

if I ever came across Razor Ray my first and only question would be - do you know of the Peaky Blinders. Razor Ray would never Umpire any football game after that confrontation.
Ray would never walk again after a confrontation with me.

We are playing against a team who is gunning for the top spot on the ladder. We are a team no longer in transition but full on rebuild.

We are missing the following: Frawley, Stratton, Birchall, Rioli, Omeara, Puopolo. These players would without a doubt be best 22.

We lost the game by three points. THREE. Against a top 4 side. We even had the chance to bloody win it.

It was an amazing effort by the lads. We outplayed them for 120 minutes of the game. It's just a shame we couldn't ice it. It's another game of learning and teaching for the young blokes of the future. We have a bright one.

It's a shame we couldn't do it for Hodge's 300th. It's a shame the umpiring was atrocious (the Roughead non-free was absolutely damning and killed all our momentum).

But the positive is that as a side we are getting one step closer to our next flag. One week closer. One game closer.

Brand, Heatherley, Burton, Hardwick, Sicily, Howe and Stewart. Some of these players will be in our next flag. Some won't but the ones who are will benefit greatly from experiences like this.

Great post!!

Great post :thumbsu:

Smith missing another match winner was a discrace. Once yep I can wear it. Long season tough game, final yeah fair play. Second time nope. Hodge drilled a tougher kick 45 out on his right foot and he is 33 and retiring. Woeful. ****ing woeful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're "rebuilding".

We have a third of our starting 18 out.

Yet, in the past month, we've beaten, drawn and lost by 3 points against the top three teams in the competition. We could've just as easily won today and last week. All whilst rebuilding.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Future is looking bright already. Love this club! <3

Why does Isaac hate beating Geelong?

Why does a knock to the leg require the worlds longest eulogy?

Why did our young backline decide to give the best player in the league 5m all game when they have been so good on playing on regular forwards?

Why do umpires blow whistles in Geelongs forwardline with fervor but choke on their whistles when Roughead gets molested?

Why do we continually miss gettable chances to goal v cats that cause us to lose games we've had the better of?

So many questions..... so many frustrating questions..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You're slow to the punch.. where we behind? At what stage was this in the game? What was the score? How long was left? I've forgotten

Start of the 4th quarter. Game absolutey in the balalnce and Freo with momentum after winning the 3rd quarter (I think they have a name for that quarter in grand finals??). Freo were only down by 10 and Issie's goal set up a run of points that set up an unassailable lead - and thankfully it was enough to hold up a decent onslaught at the end from Freo. That goal absolutely mattered and was a massive, massive kick to boot.

Normally I take loosing with a grain of salt but this one pisses me off. Shut down 2 players and kick straight but no, hand them 4 goals, 2 by dumb free kicks and cant even shut down a player who is hobbled for most of the game. That play on by Smithy was gutless! Im sure there are positives from the game but right now grrrrrrrrrrr

Shattered to lose to these flogs BUT as i said to my Hawthorn mate today Geelong won't get close to a premiership when you rely on 1 player so much. Just look at last year's prelim final when they played the cola.

Without Danger they are a bottom 8 team. So lucky he hasn't had a bad injury yet.

Also Danger is a ****ing flog.

Normally I take loosing with a grain of salt but this one pisses me off. Shut down 2 players and kick straight but no, hand them 4 goals, 2 by dumb free kicks and cant even shut down a player who is hobbled for most of the game. That play on by Smithy was gutless! Im sure there are positives from the game but right now grrrrrrrrrrr

clam down

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back