Paddy Ryder - Sheedy was right

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally NOT incorrect. Dont be so blinkered. He has improved no doubt and will further no doubt but he has shown signs of lack of poise. He took a speccy against Saints, went back and turned it over - lack of poise. What most Dons fans will read into this is that it is a go at him - its not. Lack of poise is normal for young players. This thread needed a dose of reality.

Lack of poise? He's made a couple of errors this year, but not because he panicked. Players who panic lack poise, Ryder doesn't fall into that category.

Lack of poise? He's made a couple of errors this year, but not because he panicked. Players who panic lack poise, Ryder doesn't fall into that category.

This year is 4 rounds in. Any discussion about errors or alternatively improvement of players cannot be confined to just this year. Same goes for Buddy or anyone else mentioned in discussions.

If he doesnt lack poise and doesn't pannick as you put it - what's your explanation for the 'couple of errors' you mention - mind you there were errors a plenty last year so what was the explanation for those? If a player takes a great grab and then goes back and completely flubs the kick I call that a lack of poise and most young guys struggle with that. You can call it what you want.

Note to all - the Ryder V Buddy references were not introduced by me.

This year is 4 rounds in. Any discussion about errors or alternatively improvement of players cannot be confined to just this year. Same goes for Buddy or anyone else mentioned in discussions.

If he doesnt lack poise and doesn't pannick as you put it - what's your explanation for the 'couple of errors' you mention - mind you there were errors a plenty last year so what was the explanation for those? If a player takes a great grab and then goes back and completely flubs the kick I call that a lack of poise and most young guys struggle with that. You can call it what you want.

Note to all - the Ryder V Buddy references were not introduced by me.

Do you actually know the meaning of the word poise. If Chris Judd has a mis-kick, does he automatically lack poise too?

All Australian status reflects the work of players over the whole season, not five games.
It's ludicrous to describe certain players as All Australian at this point in the season, unless you are referring to the 2006 team.

Joel Bowden is the AA CHB at the moment.

Ryder looks good, but he's still a kid and there is a long way to go.
It will be a big effort for him to maintain the same form for 22 rounds.

Very fair comments! Well done!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't be stupid.
The cheapest thrill is often the best.

Even the most refined imbiber, sucks from the sewer occasionally.

For your sake, or the record, it must be lucky then that I study MedSci in Adelaide huh?

Oh no, wait...

... you are incorrect on the Melbourne Uni comment.

I was accepted in 2002 and the entrance score would have been suffice in both Sydney and Melbourne in that particular year.

BUT...good try.

Who gives a crap about your TER, means nothing in the real world, you got a house yet or any other valuable commodity other than your TER? You'll be studying til your 65! Do the smart thing, become an accountant like me and make your own money!!! hahahahahaha

Ryder on the other hand has shown some good reading of the ball through the air and has shown he can take a grab which is rare in the game these days. However, he has also shown lack of poise quite a bit once he has the pill, turns it over a bit and looks to shite himself sometimes.

On the topic of them playing on each other - they did in the preseason and Buddy was all over him. Bigger, faster and more agile.

Having watched plenty of Ryder, I think you'll find his most moments lacking poise after vastly outnumbered by the ones where he shows plenty.

And is this the preseason match where Ryder was regarded as being one of Essendon's best players in a come from behind win? Wasn't Ryder supposed to be on Roughhead for a fair part of the game?

Just to clarify the situation a little since I was partly involved in the Ryder/Franklin debate, I haven't compared the two, I just think that it could be an interesting matchup. A particularly good test for Ryder if it should eventuate.

Who gives a crap about your TER, means nothing in the real world, you got a house yet or any other valuable commodity other than your TER? You'll be studying til your 65! Do the smart thing, become an accountant like me and make your own money!!! hahahahahaha

Actually it means everything in the real world in that it determines the occupations that i can and cant do.
Had I only scored 70% I would be an accountant like you, fatty.

ps...Is this about me or is Anzac day still bringing the tears chubbs?

:D

ps - Embezzling money is not owning it.

Actually it means everything in the real world in that it determines the occupations that i can and cant do.
Had I only scored 70% I would be an accountant like you, fatty.

ps...Is this about me or is Anzac day still bringing the tears chubbs?

:D

ps - Embezzling money is not owning it.

FFS unless you have something to add about the topic piss off we dont care what the **** you do with your life.

99.85?? I find that hard to believe pal, considering that in any given year in Victoria on average ever .05 percentage point on your TER has about 20 students.

Highest possible score 99.95 - 99.85 = .15... So basically 60 students in Victoria on average can only potentially obtain the TER, not even considering that not all of them want to do Med Sci + international students et al

How many places are there offered to VCE students each year?

its on a bell curve. so obviously not every .05 has 60 students.

also with medicine, UMAT results are important. i know people who are studying medicine at melbourne with hight 97's and 98's because of exceptional UMAT results.

Remove this Banner Ad

Paddy Ryder - Sheedy was right

Remove this Banner Ad

Back