Food/Supplements Paleo Diet

Remove this Banner Ad

How do guys here go mixing Paleo & IF?

I'm assuming you'd only eat lunch & dinner with the odd fruit or nut snack in between?

Yep that's what I do.

Lunch is usually a massive bacon or tuna salad full of good fats (olives, avocado, etc) at 2pm, then a whey shake and some nuts and berries after workout, then dinner about 9:30 (usually meat and veg or a strifry).

Thanks for the advice lads.

Couple of weeks ago I went down to the Paleo cafe in Mornington to try the caveman breakfast, absolutely amazing, if I wasn't broke and half an hour away I would get it every day. The amount of food I had left me with a full stomach but I was full of energy, the quality of the food was amazing too.

Have tried to replicate it at home, unfortunately I'm an awful cook to the point where Gordan Ramsay would have me put down on the spot with zero hesitation.

Couple of weeks ago I went down to the Paleo cafe in Mornington to try the caveman breakfast, absolutely amazing, if I wasn't broke and half an hour away I would get it every day. The amount of food I had left me with a full stomach but I was full of energy, the quality of the food was amazing too.

Have tried to replicate it at home, unfortunately I'm an awful cook to the point where Gordan Ramsay would have me put down on the spot with zero hesitation.

I spent 3 weeks over Xmas near Mornington but didn't get a chance to visit the Paleo Cafe unfortunately.

Went to the one in Sydney recently, wasn't impressed with my meals, but the place was packed, so they're doing something right.

Anyone on Perth checked out Mondos for grassfed beef and organic meats? How does it rate?
No havent come across Mondos. Might give it a try if people recommend it.

I get my grass fed steak from Farmer Jacks in woodlands. It has "Economy Grass Fed" on the label so im not sure if it is 100% grass fed or just partly. Still, it is pretty good if you are looking for a low budget option.

'Economy grade' may just mean they finish it off with grain or something along those lines, but if you don't mind too much then who cares.

Anybody got a veg spiralizer? any recommendations would be much appreciated?

Wow, nicko, we are on the same wavelength at the moment, i just made this recipe (which was delicious) and realised that i most certainly need a veg spiralizer.

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2011/08/18/comfort-noodles/

Would have been amazing if i had a spiralizser rather than having to grate the zucchini. It ended up being a slushy soup that i had to eat with a spoon - still delicious though.

The great thing about this recipe is that it is suitable for vegetarians and paleo :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody got a veg spiralizer? any recommendations would be much appreciated?

This appears to have heaps. I wouldnt mind one either.
4.jpeg

http://www.fishpond.com.au/c/Kitchen/q/Vegetable+Spiralizer

Completely different things, due to differences in physiology.

I'm not sure of your background in physiology but I'm sure that you probably know your stuff better than me. In my post I never said anything as fact, I stated that my opinion is that feeding an animal in the last month of its life things that are only designed to bulk them up doesn't sound healthy. I asked the questions because I didn't have any scientific studies or my own research to give the answer.

Also, from eating grass fed products, it is my opinion that the taste is a lot better. In saying that, I'm not much of a red meat eater, particularly slabs of meat like a steak. I'm happy with a 200 gram steak on the odd occasion that I have one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Food/Supplements Paleo Diet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back