Redgum

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo Footy Club
Heard brad on PR in not so many words and confirmed (almost ) by Langdon,that palmer has signed up( some kind of commitment) to Sydney next year. No wonder the guy has been playing pretty mediocre footy. I would play him in the WAFL,would be a waste of space in the team. Also a mention was made of Bradley,not sure what approach there has been,seems Sheedy has been weaving his magic spell.

Re: Palmer to sydney

I don't mind Rhys, but wouldn't be devastated if that were to occur.
We'd probably get a low first round or high second round, maybe a third round for Kepler.
Our recruiting has been so good that it would regenerate us very well.
Michie looks very good and may soften the blow. Good runner with good disposal

Heard brad on PR in not so many words and confirmed (almost ) by Langdon,that palmer has signed up( some kind of commitment) to Sydney next year. No wonder the guy has been playing pretty mediocre footy. I would play him in the WAFL,would be a waste of space in the team. Also a mention was made of Bradley,not sure what approach there has been,seems Sheedy has been weaving his magic spell.

Gee, and that news from trooly-roolly credible sources to.

My thoughts are that Palmer would not be on the top-tier of targets Sydney would have, and it is therefore unlikely that he would be amongst the first snaffled. It may mean you miss out on Swan, Pendles, Rich, Clark etc. While Palmer would be a very good get for Sydney, and a great re-signing for us, you'd think you would want to get your biggest deals done first. Regardless, we'll see when the time comes, and I hope he has a great year.

No wonder the guy has been playing pretty mediocre footy.

Not too sure what you mean by this?

This is interesting. So your talking to the Swans or Giants here?
If your talking the giants, how is this much worse than Sculley going up there?- both first round picks etc etc. Granted palmer probably hasnt come on as much as we had of hoped.

The way i see this is that suddenly we have lost a player (if this proves to be true) entering the prime of his career, who was our prized first rounder back in 08. You would hope we get adaquately compensated-perhaps end of first round.

I actually think we should play him when we can- improve his market value i wouldve thought

I presume you are talking about GWS here. If that is the case then its probably best not to refer to them as "Sydney" as that is just confusing.

Yes .....someone also messaged that he's signed a 5 year agreement with GWS from 2012.

Brad Hardie would not confirm who has signed but stated someone from Fremantle has signed!

Just as we are putting a decent team together. But until it's confirmed there's not much we can do. This is the first of many rumours 2011 will throw up!

Yes .....someone also messaged that he's signed a 5 year agreement with GWS from 2012.

Brad Hardie would not confirm who has signed but stated someone from Fremantle has signed!

Just as we are putting a decent team together. But until it's confirmed there's not much we can do. This is the first of many rumours 2011 will throw up!

Dunno what it is but i dont like the idea of any of our players being sniped from us, even with compensation...even if its Kepler. Just doesnt seem right. :thumbsdown:

It's going to be a looong year for the rumour mill :(.

You'd have to think were going to lose someone to GWS as will most teams and although I think his best footy is ahead of him if we lost Palmer and Bradley and kept Mayne, Duffield and MJ.... well that's not as bad as it could be.

Will GWS be as successfull as GC early on? For the first time Freo has a really good argument for keeping players with a good list and every chance of consistant finals so hopefully we keep em all :D.

have to admit that he played ordinary football last year,but he was recovering from a bad injury.
So tell me when he has played bad footy this season,bad enough to be dropped forever and a day to the WAFL?
For goodness sake we have played to 20/20 games of that mean nothing.What are you on or on about.I am asking asking red gum a serious question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That story really didn't have anything new in it. So we have uncontracted players - who doesn't.

On the other hand, I did have a dream the other night that Rhys had officially come out and confirmed reports that he signed. It was a pretty shit feeling when I woke up, hahaha.. :p

Assuming that there is any truth to this BS, if Palmer has signed wouldn't it be moot for GWS to interview other Fremantle players, as mentioned they only have access to one?

Pissed myself at your post Reginald

I think Sheeds himself might have a giggle at that. He is a master of vaudeville after all.

Sorry Mickey B.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Palmer to Greater Western Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back