Autopsy Big Big Loss - Giants over Freo by 9 points in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot of pointing. Literally letting Hogan walk away from him to get his desired matchup on Draper. No where even in the vicinity of hogan for most of it.

I know I’ve just defended his lackadaisical attitude with ball in hand but that performance was just pure laziness. Watching that and then seeing him pretend to clutch at his hamstrings is so embarrassing
Ta. Lol yeh saw that grab at the hamstring when Jesse took the mark..didn't even try to spoil

First Crack on Fox Footy went to town on Brennan Cox. Absolutely deserved, spare me your excuses. Watch the segment and see how much of lazy, clueless liability he was

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was at the game and you could see Hogan relished playing on him. Hogan’s game was as much psychological as anything else, he knew Cox wasn’t going to close check him, so he ran around doing as he pleased, while Cox trailed and zoned off 5 metres away from him.

We’re lucky Hogan didn’t kick 10. That kind of half arsed commitment is an indictment on the player but also an indictment of the coach.

Reminiscent of the very worst of the Connolly days.

Yeah, Cox almost has to be out injured this week or his reputation around here should take a fair while to recover. There is no one that lost us that game more than him. It was one of the worst KPD performances seen in a while.

Plenty of spoils he could have marked that brought the ball to ground for only their smalls, and one time his direct opponent, to leap onto for a score.
One spoil in particular that landed in Daniels lap in the last quarter that had me mutter “Christ Cox you’re useless”. It was the most sour note of an awful performance. Just the most disinterested game of football I’ve ever seen a defender play.

I didn’t notice Banfield as much until the mistakes in the last. Cox was bad from start to finish. It was like he played dead deliberately

I was at the game and you could see Hogan relished playing on him. Hogan’s game was as much psychological as anything else, he knew Cox wasn’t going to close check him, so he ran around doing as he pleased, while Cox trailed and zoned off 5 metres away from him.

We’re lucky Hogan didn’t kick 10. That kind of half arsed commitment is an indictment on the player but also an indictment of the coach.

Reminiscent of the very worst of the Connolly days.
Yep .those other misses from Jesse were very gettable. Kept us in the game

Probably knew he also had the wood on cox from back in the day

Yeah, Cox almost has to be out injured this week or his reputation around here should take a fair while to recover. There is no one that lost us that game more than him. It was one of the worst KPD performances seen in a while.
Fair toss up between him and Banfield, but after that footage he was comfortably worse. How can you look so uninterested and lazy when your job is to guard the best forward in the comp...and the fake injury to top it all off. Worst performance from anyone all year.

Yep .those other misses from Jesse were very gettable. Kept us in the game

Probably knew he also had the wood on cox from back in the day
Never want to see him play for us again, can we trade him to say North who are short of backman

That he was left on Jesse the all game says a lot about JLO`s coaching nous

For those that don't have fox.. what the main take or what the vision showed that we didn't know.. we know he was nowhere in the vicinity of hogan
Essentially:

Refused to run with Hogan
Allowed Hogan to dictate his opponent
Was constantly out of position
Constantly pointed at others where to go, despite being out of position
Stayed down after a spoil while Hogan stayed on the move

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

My guess is that some of Cox's problems were that he prefers having more room to come at a contest rather than being the last defender near the goalposts. I think there's still a difference between playing CHB and FB for key defenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm bitterly disappointed it's looking like bye-bye finals. We lost 3 KPPs at the crucial crunchtime stageof the season.

And yet.... Despite the wretched Gather Round and punitive trips to Alice and the Antarctic, Freo went on to hit the 8 then the top four. We saw the emergence of a super forward in Treacy and the re-emergence of Amazing Alex - and rookie Josh D channelling Moose in that incredible breakout game. Sturt survived dismal odds to show us a tackling goal-kicker. Andy resumed top form and Caleb's been reclaiming his forward credentials. Hayden is Young the Wonder. Apart from the recent weep-making losses the team's given us the most entertaining and hopeful season in recent years.

The above facts have pushed their way into my otherwise melancholic consciousness. I feel the better for them.

I thought he was sending a message to JLo about him not wanting to play on Hogan. Either that or he was quiet quiting.

It was such a weird performance. You have to play that badly intentionally, there's no other way.

I thought he was sending a message to JLo about him not wanting to play on Hogan. Either that or he was quiet quiting.

It was such a weird performance. You have to play that badly intentionally, there's no other way.
Speaking of intentionally playing bad how about Banners…is it the new season of the Mole Australia or something? What was all that about. Felt like he was sabotaging.

I’m half intrigued by these Cox and Banfield performances…do I dare watch a replay?
I think it's worth it, I always watch on delay now. I find it calmer. The guys played some good footy and I actually thought Banfield was fine until the 2nd half where he really cooked it. Cox was horrendous from the opening bounce. I've never seen a game where the game was lost almost purely because of two- three players.

I'll go as far to say that we win by 3 goals with Pearce over Cox. Cox was THAT bad.

Speaking of intentionally playing bad how about Banners…is it the new season of the Mole Australia or something? What was all that about. Felt like he was sabotaging.

I know I'm not answering your question, but with Banfield, he's just too nice of a player. He's a pressure forward that doesn't hurt the opposition. He's always been a shocker when it comes to decision making though.

We can't grow as a club with players like Banfield and Tabs. They just don't execute well in a pressure cooker environment. Some people just can't do it while others thrive. Prelims/GFs are high pressure environment. If Banfield played in a GF, would you trust him ball in hand?

I think it's worth it, I always watch on delay now. I find it calmer. The guys played some good footy and I actually thought Banfield was fine until the 2nd half where he really cooked it. Cox was horrendous from the opening bounce. I've never seen a game where the game was lost almost purely because of two- three players.

I'll go as far to say that we win by 3 goals with Pearce over Cox. Cox was THAT bad.
Ok and how about if we went with Reidy for the Geelong and Essendon games???

Finals would be on the agenda.

These selections on Thursday and the inability to change a magnet or two game day is amateur hour. He throws Cox fwd with 90 seconds to go. Like seriously?

Ok and how about if we went with Reidy for the Geelong and Essendon games???

Finals would be on the agenda.

These selections on Thursday and the inability to change a magnet or two game day is amateur hour. He throws Cox fwd with 90 seconds to go. Like seriously?
I don't really know the point you're trying to make in relation to mine?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Big Big Loss - Giants over Freo by 9 points in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back