Coaching Staff Past Coach: Matthew Knights - Finally gets his second shot - 5/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgive the board for wanting our young players develop. Matty Knights knows the pro's and con's of all our young players, what they need to do to improve, where they like to play, how they play ect.

The EFC have a plan through 2010, they think he is the best coach to develop this list for at least the next 3 years, I know I will be getting behind him.

That 1 has sure come out of left field and i dont know enough about him to be happy or dissapointed....tell me some things about him thats encouraging ....ty

Sorry to say this but he coached the Port Adelaide Magpies over in the SANFL & the club sacked him cos he was terrible! I know it was before he started coaching Bendigo but i really dont think he's the right man to lead us IMO.

He should know our list as well as anyone, so he should have a fairly smooth transition into the role and would already have some well thought out theories on positional changes, strategies, etc.....

I'm a little disappointed that we didn't attain an established coach.... but this could work, lets give it at least a season before we ponder his worth.

Forgive the board for wanting our young players develop. Matty Knights knows the pro's and con's of all our young players, what they need to do to improve, where they like to play, how they play ect.

The EFC have a plan through 2010, they think he is the best coach to develop this list for at least the next 3 years, I know I will be getting behind him.

Ask port magpies supports what they thought of his coaching.

Seems like a top bloke. My preference was Hardwick but how the hell do you know what they'll be like once they're in the job.

I'm thinking it'll be good news for guys like Bradley and Lonergan.

Congratulations Matty!.

Probably not the most decorated coach going around but does know our young players inside out and his development of younger players is said to be his strength.

Its now time we all pull together and give him 100% support.

Port have been crap for the past 6 years. They were average before him and are still below par.

They weren't a wrap for him, because he had such a different philosophy to the club. At Essendon, he fits.

As a fellow crow-eater you would remember how poor Choco was in his first coaching caper over there and look at him now.

I have a shatterd Bombers man in the office here he is not a happy camper and he loves Merbein. So im surprized he has taken it so bad.

Knights was an Imperials man, wasn't he? And they only know success, which kills me to say as a Red Cliffs man. Merv Neagle is back coaching Merbein this year I think.

Sorry to say this but he coached the Port Adelaide Magpies over in the SANFL & the club sacked him cos he was terrible! I know it was before he started coaching Bendigo but i really dont think he's the right man to lead us IMO.
just coz they sack him, doesn't mean he's terrible, sheeds was sacked, but was he terrible?.......no. I'm delighted with Knightsy and has had experince at many clubs, so would know many club players and their weaknesses and strengths as well.

Nope, Knights played for Merbein.

He went to St Joey's though and played in the best side they ever had - which went on to play at the G against Essendon Grammar for the school boy's championship in the late 80's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit disappointed - was looking forward to Dimma coming home, but prepared to give Knights a go. Spoke very well on SEN this afternoon and seemed really excitied - just what we need! Reading to make ahard decisions and wants to improve skills!!!! Hooray!

Happy to give him a crack.

We needed a young coach and got one.

Better than Neale Daniher, Mark Williams or Mark Thompson IMO.

Big risk, but then so was Sheedy.

Congratulations Matthew Knights

This is the best thing that has happened to the club since the day sheeds was sacked. Matthew Knights was respected as a player and from what i have heard that also applies to his coaching at Bendigo. If he gives as much to his coaching as he did as a player then what a time the Essendon footy club is in for. He was hard but fair and what more do you want from a coach. Good luck Matty i am right behind you mate.:)

Nope, Knights played for Merbein.

He went to St Joey's though and played in the best side they ever had - which went on to play at the G against Essendon Grammar for the school boy's championship in the late 80's

O.k. I thought he was an Imps man. I'm still happy with his appiontment. I think he'll give a good account of himself.

Yes. Wasn't my first choice, wasn't even my second choice. However I rated him and Sumich as my equal third preferences. We could have done a lot worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching Staff Past Coach: Matthew Knights - Finally gets his second shot - 5/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back