Brownlow Patrick Cripps - 2022 Brownlow Medallist

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it can change, but you are right, it takes time to sully an award that had so much credence in the past.

The AFL are really going for it though with the Brownlow.

I think it will be pretty hard to sully it. As much as people carry on there haven't been many shockers this century. I don't consider a non favourite winning as a shocker. It's a subjective award. So long as the winner was in the mix I see them as deserving. By that definition Woewodin and Priddis are probably the only shockers this century. Maybe Judd in 2010 too but I think him and Swan's wins kind of cancel each other out.

It would have been way worse in the past. We just don't remember. I mean people are carrying on this year about players getting 3 votes in losses. Bob Skilton is remembered as an all time great for winning brownlows in a team that finished 4th last, 2nd last and 4th last. He would struggle to win a single medal with the way umpires vote today.

Can the AFL get any lower than this?

Honestly, the game needs a completely new governing body to take over, dredge the credibility of the game's adjudication out of the toilet.
I bet you were this upset when Cotchin missed out on playing in the grand final because of his 3rd fine...
Oh wait, he got off.

May is an OK defender, but getting written in at Full-Back in the All-Australian team is like being a gold medalist at figure skating or steeplechase. Nobody without a vested interest cares.
I'd rather be the best figureskater in the world than the 7th best 100m sprinter.

If May is an 'OK defender' than Cripps is a poor midfielder. The reality is that May is a better defender than Cripps is a midfielder. Cripps is slow and is horrific defensively. He's a see ball-get ball-don't chase sort of midfielder.

I'd rather be the best figureskater in the world than the 7th best 100m sprinter.

If May is an 'OK defender' than Cripps is a poor midfielder. The reality is that May is a better defender than Cripps is a midfielder. Cripps is slow and is horrific defensively. He's a see ball-get ball-don't chase sort of midfielder.
Cripps is glacial slow yet still runs around working over his opponents, flicking out 30 metre handballs and kicking long goals on the run for a laugh.

Either the rest of the competition needs to lift or Cripps truly is unstoppable.

If I was Neale I'd be bringing in solicitors to try to extinguish that newly minted long term contract with the Lions.

He's got bigger issues than missing out on a 2nd Brownlow medal.

Your best player probably wont even experience finals, thats a damn shame.

Greatest Brownlow of all time and Patrick Cripps came out on top, absolute champion and 100% deserved he was best all year!!!

Let's be honest here. If Cripps played for melbourne, how many votes is he getting? 10-14? Who was 2nd in Carltons count tonight? Walsh on 14?

Same as Lachie Neale, who was 2nd in their count. McCluggage on what 13? The key to winning the Brownlow. Not have anyone stealing your votes in that year. The Ollie Wines speciality :)
Carlton 89 votes from 12 wins
Melbourne 94 votes from 16 wins
Cripps 29 votes from effectively 20 games (came out in the 1st Q against GC)
Oliver 25 votes from 21 games
Petracca 24 votes from 22 games
Carlton's top 5 players = 70 votes
Melbourne's top 5= 75 votes

All players have the same chance of polling 1, 2 or 3 votes. They're up against the same number of teammates and opponents. The more you win, the higher your chance of polling.

Cripps polled 26 votes in a 7 win season. Is it really a surprise that he gets 29 votes with an extra 5 wins?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

QC gets him off on a technicality to enable him to play that last game for 3 votes and somehow Carlton get 3 (Cripps) and the 2 in a game they lost to Magpies. Good footballer but a tainted result. Lachie Neale has every right to question this result.

Sent from my SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You couldn’t make this shit up, next Tony Locket will shorten his name to Tone Loc and bring out a single called Funky Colemandina!!

Dumbledore-Goblet-of-Fire.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow Patrick Cripps - 2022 Brownlow Medallist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back