Patrick Dangerfield 'dangerous tackle' - gone or safe?

Remove this Banner Ad

What else was he supposed to do? Not tackle him? Walsh milked it for everything it was worth, with Steven May faking it, who knows what tricks players are pulling on the umpires to get a cheap free...Good decision.

Walsh did no such thing and nothing in the footage suggested he did. Comparing him to what May did is offensive.

Glad he got off.

I dislike Christian immensely, but based on the instructions he has in front of him, he had no choice but to charge him. The tribunal sorts out the grey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Great result. I am not comfortable with tackles like that being suspendable. Imagine having to worry about that during finals if it happened. Fair enough if you pin and sling.

He was clearly pulling back at a player with forward momentum, and Walsh just went onto his belly somehow. (Hope he wasn’t making the most of it, but it’s hard to tell)

Lucky to get away with that!

Met the criteria for a suspension, arms pinned etc.

Still, with * Edge (TM) having had the easiest fixture known to man, at least they have to play against Geelong with one player who can play in the midfield.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Up and about, aren’t you?! Clearly didn’t fit the criteria as the tribunal adjudicated. Your ‘opinion’ stated over and over, that most seem to disagree with, doesn’t become more of a fact because you keep repeating it. Enjoy the season and the quality football your team is currently playing

Can someone explain to me how when you lay a tackle with arms around the body that you don’t pin the arms?

The AFL can't and won't because they haven't a clue what they are actually trying to achieve here.

FWIW I personally don't think it was worth a week but given the current AFL guidelines etc it was and find their reasoning for reversing the decision a joke given they haven't applied that logic to any other incident this year.

Also Walsh didn't milk it, and to put him in the same category as Steven may is just insulting.
This is the point, most of us think he shouldn't have got a week but with some of the suspensions previously for the same type of incidents it becomes a bit of a joke.

Previously, if the head makes contact with the ground in a tackle the tackler was suspended because they have a duty of care or it was likely to cause injury therefore a suspension was given?

It's extremely rare that a player gets of this type of charge so who was the last player to be cleared in a tackle report?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One rule for some and a different rule for others

That’s all the complaint is about.

On its individual merit, no one thinks Danger did anything bad or dodgy.

As a function of trend or consistency, had to be a week.

That’s all.

We’re not annoyed Danger got off. It was a tackle to stop Walsh getting a fair disposal off to win a game of footy, not to wrap Walsh in cotton wool & make him a cup of tea. We’re annoyed at how the rules and interpretations change weekly it seems.

Does the dangerous tackle go the way of the dissent rule ? Or the stand ? Applied aggressively to start with no understanding of how it could be over & negatively applied. Now we have players screaming at umps & thumping their arms and stamping feet again and getting away with it, because no ump wants to pay dissent, but a year ago a sigh got you 50.

Any tackle that had a head hit was a week earlier in the year (good bloke pending). Now they’re realising heads are gonna hit the ground for various reasons outside of duty of care and ah shit maybe it’s a contact sport where tackling is a way to win the ball back and it’s a 360 game so sometimes tackles will have forward momentum

FWIW I personally don't think it was worth a week but given the current AFL guidelines etc it was and find their reasoning for reversing the decision a joke given they haven't applied that logic to any other incident this year.

Also Walsh didn't milk it, and to put him in the same category as Steven may is just insulting.
It was shown through evidence that he took measures to halt and even bring walsh upright to prevent his head hitting the ground. The tribunal saw this argument and agreed. Good call.

If walsh wants to drive himself forward to milk a free then he can take ownership

Cngratulations to Dangerfield for riding a player into teh ground with both arms pinned and then trying as hard as he possibly could to keep the player from hitting the ground

that was his defense I pinned his arms threw my legs from backwards horizontal to position forwards- to add to downwards momentum and then (at the same time because you know I am that good FIGJAM good ) tried as hard as I could to chicken wing the blokes arm off I mean stop him from hurting himself...

LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back