Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't have it both ways??? Do you realise we've lost more players via free agency than any club in the competition???????
Serious question but does anyone know why the Crows have lost that many?
Can understand with us or a bottom side but the Crows have traditionally been around finals contention, the facilities are top notch and in the most part from an outsider the club is pretty stable and well ran. Adelaide is a pretty good place to live also. Just cant understand why they cant hold on to their players, can any of you Crow fans put your finger on it?

It must b a terrible thought for you hey, to actually have to give up fair market value for a superstar player

After all you won flags on the back of charity father son picks. Didnt earn any of those flags.

The sense of entitlement in Geelong fans is off the charts
If you think we're going to give up two 1st round picks AND a good player then you've got rocks in your head

Serious question but does anyone know why the Crows have lost that many?
Can understand with us or a bottom side but the Crows have traditionally been around finals contention, the facilities are top notch and in the most part from an outsider the club is pretty stable and well ran. Adelaide is a pretty good place to live also. Just cant understand why they cant hold on to their players, can any of you Crow fans put your finger on it?
It is a good question. Mostly situational I'd suggest with Tippett and Gunston. Davis and Bock were for serious money from start up teams (no huge loss anyway, and both from SA), and Danger always had strong links home. Many of our recent best players are from Vic (e.g. Sloane, Douglas) so I think the issue has been exaggerated

If you think we're going to give up two 1st round picks AND a good player then you've got rocks in your head
No probs. We'll happily send him the Hawks or Pies who will offer close to that. Melbourne is closer to Geelong than Brisbane!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[
Now you are confusing free agency with the the expan teams .

You arguably did pretty well out of free agency from what I remember compared to most teams .. Wasn't it an end of first round for bock , and a first round pick for Davis? Bock didn't have much good in him after that and Davis is a really good player who can't regularly stay on the park. You didn't do to bad.

outs - bock , Davis

Ins - betts , pick 19? pick 11ish? (Turned into brad crouch)

You haven't don't so bad out of free agency as you are making out....

Chris Knights was also a FA.. Think you may have overlooked some.

Oh you're right, we did well to suddenly lose our AA CHB, future captain 10 yr FB without notice to FA.. then in the same 2-3 year period also lose Tippett and Gunston.. Not to mention Knight through FA who was at his peak when he left (injuries cruelled him unfortunately thereafter) so basically our entire spine within 3 years.. Yay awesome but we got 2 picks and Eddie Betts so that made up for been blindsided completely by those players I've just mentioned, without any notice whatsoever so as to plan for replacements... How would your club go if you suddenly lost your entire spine or entire engine room in the space of 3 years without your list manager having anywhere near enough time to even consider or plan for it?

[

Chris Knights was also a FA.. Think you may have overlooked some.

Oh you're right, we did well to suddenly lose our AA CHB, future captain 10 yr FB without notice to FA.. then in the same 2-3 year period also lose Tippett and Gunston.. Not to mention Knight through FA who was at his peak when he left (injuries cruelled him unfortunately thereafter) so basically our entire spine within 3 years.. Yay awesome but we got 2 picks and Eddie Betts so that made up for been blindsided completely by those players I've just mentioned, without any notice whatsoever so as to plan for replacements... How would your club go if you suddenly lost your entire spine or entire engine room in the space of 3 years without your list manager having anywhere near enough time to even consider or plan for it?

Bock was well past his best , as his form at gcs showed. Davis is a talent but can't get consistent on the field. Knights lol , take the piss mate. Big loss that was.

You have given nothing to support your argument.

I'll stand by my statement that you haven't been as hurt by free agncy as you make out.

Again

Out - bock , Davis , Knights

In - betts , pick 19 , pick 11,

Big deal.

Bock was well past his best , as his form at gcs showed. Davis is a talent but can't get consistent on the field. Knights lol , take the piss mate. Big loss that was.

I'll stand by my statement that you haven't been as hurt by free agncy as you make out.

Again

Big deal.
Are you that ******* daft? Do you watch ANY other team bar the Hawks or are you living under a brown and gold rock??
I'll give you Knights, oversight by me.
Bock and Davis weren't free agents, they left before free agency came into play
Out Knights
In betts
So hard done by

Again

Big deal.
I agree with this. I'm not playing the 'woe for us' card but Carlton could have easily matched for Betts. They didn't and it was probably a mistake. If we decide to match in an attempt to get some sort of compensation we have every right to. You'd be arguing the same if Wines or similar decides to leave.

If only you had guaranteed gun F/Ss available for each pick ya got.
Clubs with a tradition have that advantage I agree.
Is 800k unders for Danger?
i think that is a good question. Probably around value for now, but it is really difficult to understand value with the impending salary cap rise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back