Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bock was well past his best , as his form at gcs showed. Davis is a talent but can't get consistent on the field. Knights lol , take the piss mate. Big loss that was.

You have given nothing to support your argument.

I'll stand by my statement that you haven't been as hurt by free agncy as you make out.

Again

Out - bock , Davis , Knights

In - betts , pick 19 , pick 11,

Big deal.

Sorry, fairly sure I said "we've lost more players to FA then any club in the competition"

Please tell me how that's incorrect?

My entire argument was based on the number of players we'd lost... Which if I'm not mistaken, is still correct..

Sorry, fairly sure I said "we've lost more players to FA then any club in the competition"

My entire argument was based on the number of players we'd lost... Which if I'm not mistaken, is still correct..

You have lost Chris Knights to free agency.

And brought in betts.

Hawthorn have lost the following:
Campbell Brown (since you are including Bock & Davis)
Tom Murphy
Clinton Young
Xavier Ellis
Lance Franklin

I don't have your complete list but I'd say we are on par if you lose Danger this year (cancels out Franklin kinda he won't get his contract).

Can someone help?, don't really care where dangerfield goes but im curious as to how the crows can match geelongs offer and them put him up for trade, won't he then be contracted with adelaide and who pays out that contract? Im a little confused, if this is the case why wouldnt every club match the offer then put the free agent up for trade to get a better deal?

Can someone help?, don't really care where dangerfield goes but im curious as to how the crows can match geelongs offer and them put him up for trade, won't he then be contracted with adelaide and who pays out that contract? Im a little confused, if this is the case why wouldnt every club match the offer then put the free agent up for trade to get a better deal?

Like any player who is under contract that requests a trade..

Matching the offer just doesn't allow Danger to move freely.

Adelaide also have to be prepared to pay Danger at the matched offer if he decides to stay.

You don't always match because you might do a Carlton and want cap space to get Thomas, or do a Melbourne and get better compensation by finishing at the bottom and not matching and convincing everyone that Frawley's worth pick 3 until they believe it.

But even if you match it you will still have the cap space coz the player wont be there the next year anyway

I accept he is gone, but seriously, how does a 25 year old decide he wants to live in Geelong? I have lived in Adelaide and Melbourne for years and visited Geelong. I would compare it to an Elizabeth on the water. Absolute shit hole full of bogans.

He has many years to retire with his boat. Surely Melbourne and teams like the Hawks and Pies offer a better lifestyle, media opportunities, and chance of premiership success.

But even if you match it you will still have the cap space coz the player wont be there the next year anyway
Then there's no point matching if you think you can get better compensation from the AFL (Frawley) or you don't want the player (Betts).

The Crows probably think Geelong's first rounder or whatever is better than some crappy pick 16 or thereabouts, hence why they're likely to match.

Now you are confusing free agency with the the expan teams .

You arguably did pretty well out of free agency from what I remember compared to most teams .. Wasn't it an end of first round for bock , and a first round pick for Davis? Bock didn't have much good in him after that and Davis is a really good player who can't regularly stay on the park. You didn't do to bad.

outs - bock , Davis

Ins - betts , pick 19? pick 11ish? (Turned into brad crouch)

You haven't don't so bad out of free agency as you are making out....

Apologies mate you were spot on, those were expansion team losses - the definition of free agents before there was such a thing.

Pretty sure Ablett left in the same manner and not to FA now I think about it didn't he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He must really love Moggs Creek! Read on here somewhere that half his family work in Frank Costa's companies.
Shouldn't Brendon Gayle complain about that too?

He has many years to retire with his boat. Surely Melbourne and teams like the Hawks and Pies offer a better lifestyle, media opportunities, and chance of premiership success.

No, no and no. Seriously, get a clue. Or perhaps talk to our myriad of premiership champions - many of whom now have lucrative jobs in the media or as assistant coaches - about the attraction of Geelong.

Amusing coming from a supporter of a team who watched the best player of the last decade walk out of their club.
Not sure if we watched, also he wasn't a free agent. League made him an offer he couldn't refuse. End of 2010 was rough in that regard. 2011 was slightly better for a cats fan.

No, no and no. Seriously, get a clue. Or perhaps talk to our myriad of premiership champions - many of whom now have lucrative jobs in the media or as assistant coaches - about the attraction of Geelong.
Would you like to enlighten me about this 'attraction' in the off chance I don't get an audience with them? Is it the beautiful waterfront? Or perhaps the iconic main street? Or even the great schools for Paddy's little ones? No no.. must be the amazing restaurants and nightlife?

And don't pretend Cameron Ling's 'lucrative' job will last. Commentator -> Boundary Rider -> Coaching Geelong Falcons U/14's

And yet here you are on the Dangerfield thread:eek:

You will not get dangerfield on some bargain basis in a trade. Get your thinking cap on for a sec. You are taking the best player from a club- you will need to come up with a satisfactory deal. 2 first round picks and a player. Judd got pick 3, pick 20 and kennedy who was pick 4 for crying out loud. WTF do you mean people are being delusional?

Furthermore- you are presuming that Dangerfield will not consider any other offers from other clubs if the cats don't come to the party. The whole reason Adelaide would match is so they can extract the best deal possible, and that would be done in full consultation with Danger. To think it won't be is ludicrous. Don't think for a second that you can pull a swifty. The only way you are going to get away with giving up nothing, is if Adelaide don't match. But even then, you have had to move mountains to accommodate him in the cap.

I accept he is gone, but seriously, how does a 25 year old decide he wants to live in Geelong? I have lived in Adelaide and Melbourne for years and visited Geelong. I would compare it to an Elizabeth on the water. Absolute shit hole full of bogans.

well it must say something about him

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back