Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well guess first thing to do is repeat a major question you forgot to answer and that is how many premierships you would have won if Voss and Black etc got enticed back home with FA at age of 25 . Guess lucky not around then wasn't you.

Didn't answer because I didn't see the relevance in me pulling a figure out of my nether regions. Still don't.

Here is this game super star that has dominated for 8 years according to you that has not won our B&F before this season which seems to be last .
Yes finished 2nd a third 3 previous years and if played like he has this year would he have finished behind Sloane Douglas and CHB Talia in what were very average last 2 previous years .

Ok, I'm calling complete bullshit on the bolded part. I acknowledged that he had developmental years. I did not claim he's dominated for eight years. If that's what has your knickers in a knot, go back and re-read my original post that you responded to. He's had four very good years. If you can't see that you're letting your bias to someone leaving your club blind you.

You can create what you want out of what I posted but my whole basis of original post is that we have not got 8 top Dangerfield years and you should not be losing top players at age of 25 .

You replied to me. Again, I never said you got eight great Dangerfield years. I said at least you got

Coming back currently of course you will not have to worry as can't keep them much more than 2 years let alone 8 but if you could you would find that this as a lot of rules are waited to the Victorian teams with greater go home factor along being at the heart of AFL for which is a leading factor here for Danger media aspirations.

Ignoring the team trolling, no shit with the rest.

To assist you, here's my original post that you took umbrage with:

Adelaide also got a fair few excellent years out of him. He's leaving as a RFA - that's eight years service, which is nothing to sneeze about. Some of those were developmental years, but it's not like he's leaving after a two or three year stay where Adelaide puts in the development and another club reaps the benefit.

My point was just that hey, at least you got four good years out of him. That's better than Gunston or Davis or Polec or Caddy or whoever else has walked out on their club purely after development has been put into them. All of your posts seem to be insisting you haven't gotten any good years out of him other than this year, which is insane.

Again, plenty of people replied to my earlier post but nobody addressed the KEY point I made. Free Agency was never designed to operate in the same manner as an ordinary out-of-contract player. If it were, there would be no need for the system to exist in the first place. This is simple logic.

Given this, people need to ask then what the matching mechanism was intended for in operation. As I said, it was for a situation where a player was open to staying at his club but wanted to test the open market on $$. It was not intended for deriving a club a better trade outcome. Adel can play "hardball" all they like, but they won't get Geelong to become Guinea pigs on this.

Salary is in effect irrelevant in the context of Free Agency's operation. The one great anomaly in the systems operation is ladder position. But this is not Geelong's problem, and it shouldn't pay the price for the systems flaw I this regard. If Adel want a better outcome it is the AFL's door they should be knocking on.
If Geelong want to get PD for "free" like Sydney got Buddy, they'll need to offer a big juicy contract that Adelaide can't match - something like $1.2m for 5 years. If you are only offering $800k for 5 years, you will need to trade.

You can't have both - i.e. low contract offer and give up no picks. That is not how restricted free agency is/was designed to work.

I was never adamant he was staying.

I was adamant Afc would match unless a buddy-like offer.

There are plenty of my posts on this thread.

You were adamant that Afc would not match - howling down anyone who said otherwise.

Man up - you were making up shyte all along, as you have no clue what Afc would do!
so the crows have announced they are matching
please your board was sprouting dinner parties
boats
roos smile etc

man up that your board was wrong

so the crows have announced they are matching
please your board was sprouting dinner parties
boats
roos smile etc

man up that your board was wrong
Stick to our conversations - not distract with what other supporters have said, as you would know that supporters have differing opinions.

Bottom line:
- You were adamant Afc would not match, regardless.
- I was adamant Afc would match, unless an unlikely buddy like offer.

You were speaking for Afc, but clearly making it up!

Man up for making shyte up.

Some how I don't think you are man enough...

We're comparing two of the games greats, let's not let context go out the window here. You gave up sfa to get the greatest player of this generation and possibly in history.. because why?

It really doesn't matter what they gave up. The fact is they lost the greatest player of his generation for not much, the one they invested a lot of time and development and in the end costing them another potential couple of flags in the process. Hawks lost Buddy for pick 18 ffs. I don't agree with all that but tough t***ies.
FWIW, I don't like FS system they created for franchise clubs while Vic clubs often got good talent on the cheap, but it's the way it is.

don't stress
the crows have been given free licence to make shit up and abuse other posters

So - how is your claim of there being illegal clauses in Dangerfield's contract, put there by Trigg turning out?

You are the most delusional poster on BigFooty. That's not abuse - it is a clinical opinion drawn from study of what you've posted.

You are the most delusional poster on BigFooty. That's not abuse - it is a clinical opinion drawn from study of what you've posted.
I think The Sloane Ranger has him covered!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So - how is your claim of there being illegal clauses in Dangerfield's contract, put there by Trigg turning out?

where did i say there was an illegal clause
seriously you guys make shit up

an understanding is different to a iron clad clause

Stick to our conversations - not distract with what other supporters have said, as you would know that supporters have differing opinions.

Bottom line:

have adelaide matched - no
i was categorical - you were not

are you as hard on alexis - no

seriously
lets discuss this once the dust settles

you had the opportunity to take the bet on you didnt
i will not deal with you

Oh no Im devastated, obviously with what you hear and what is coming out, you are working out that Geelong will be trading you were so self assured before. I agreed to a bet just not with odds because of your 100% belief there will not a trade.

I suppose that is a bigger indication than the media reports

Bottom line:

HAVE THE CROWS MATCHED - NO NO NO NO
what do i need to man up to
a rumour from der wayne

Oh no Im devastated, obviously with what you hear and what is coming out, you are working out that Geelong will be trading you were so self assured before. I agreed to a bet just not with odds because of your 100% belief there will not a trade.

I suppose that is a bigger indication than the media reports
IGNORE

Big rumours Geelong to put on table $1.5 mln over 2 years then $600k over three years

Pricing Adelaide way out. A little unfair but all clubs signed off on Player Association Free Agency rules.

TO CLEAN THIS THREAD FROM THE PERSONAL VINDICATION AND ABUSE. MY POSITION IS THAT DANGER WAS COMING TO GEELONG AND GEELONG WILL NOT TRADE FOR HIM. MY POSITION HAS NOT CHANGED.
SO FAR DANGER IS RUMOURED TO BE COMING TO GEELONG. SO FOR ALL THE TROLLS GETTING ANTSY THERE HAS BEEN NO OFFER OR MATCH.

SO I AM HAPPY TO COME IN HERE, AS I CANT GO ON THE INSULAR BOARD, WHEN YOU ARE PROVEN CORRECT. ARE ALL YOU BRAVE KEYBOARD WARRIORS HAPPY TO BE HERE WHEN YOU ARE WRONG AND APOLOGISE IN FULL AND FACE INTO YOUR ARROGANCE.

As an observation many crows posters made shit up like a dinner party, a boat, an inside source etc, and the crows posters have ignored this and have come after me. maybe they can vent their frustration at them as they were wrong wrong wrong.

Big rumours Geelong to put on table $1.5 mln over 2 years then $600k over three years

Pricing Adelaide way out. A little unfair but all clubs signed off on Player Association Free Agency rules.

$4.8mil over 5 doesnt price them out, teams just have to match the years and money and pay it evenly just like the draft. If the actual offer is 3mil over 2 with a deal to sign another 3 later then that's illegal.

$4.8mil over 5 doesnt price them out, teams just have to match the years and money and pay it evenly just like the draft. If the actual offer is 3mil over 2 with a deal to sign another 3 later then that's illegal.

This one is intruiging me. Geelong will do the big dirty, fair game though.

I don't think you've got any idea. Ever heard of Ken from the AFL that has to ok every contract. So much about this trade going on that if PD plays well over the next 2 years and then signs for 600K say goodbye to draft picks for 2-3 yrs.

its the afl nothing is illegal, its just what can the afl can cover up

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back