Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

So, you match money and Geelong and Adelaide try find a deal? Ok. Wasn't entirely sure. If a deal can't be done he can just walk though, right?

It's the same as a trade.

If Cats can't please the Crows Danger can enter the draft, or choose to sit out of the game for a year.

Danger has not stated that he wants to go to Geelong but home to Victoria.

This leaved the question on him saying now is not the right time to talk about his preferred destination. Although I believe he will go to Gee110ng, there may also be the small possibility that he may go to Hawks or Kangas even. I don't think he would want to create a huge media circus for these clubs on the eve of a PF so maybe that is his reason. If Hawks and Kangas lost this week, be prepared for more news next week. Footy is a funny game.

Until then we just have to stay tuned and wait.

Danger is not ever going to sit out a year, if he goes in the draft and gets picked up by a Melbourne team not only will he play but he'll most likely spend the rest of his career there.

This leaved the question on him saying now is not the right time to talk about his preferred destination. Although I believe he will go to Gee110ng, there may also be the small possibility that he may go to Hawks or Kangas even. I don't think he would want to create a huge media circus for these clubs on the eve of a PF so maybe that is his reason. If Hawks and Kangas lost this week, be prepared for more news next week. Footy is a funny game.

The only way he'd get to Hawks is if you retire a string of players, including Lake.

Is Dangerfield actually even allowed to name a team? Or does he have to officially wait for the Free Agency period to Start?

So it's OK for you campaigners to go banging on about the Cats but when the shoe is on the other foot? Your defence has routinely been smashed this year; the end.

I don't think it is necessarily us banging on about the cats. Most supporters think you'll go backwards, but footy supporters are often wrong and you're adding elite talent.

For the most part our defense has been fine (hence finishing sixth). We are a talented tall short, plus one more rebounding mid sized defender. But we should be able to build that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After sleeping on it for a night, I don't think giving up pick 9 this year and pick 18 next year is that bad a deal really.

But how are you going to trade for Fremantle's future first rounder???

No, what you said certainly sounds stupid.

Why is 29-30 treated as some magical "Best By" date?

Remind me how old Priddis is again, with his first Brownlow last year and first AA selection this year? Priddis, Mitchell, and Mundy are all in the top 6 for Brownlow expectations, and they're all 30+. Boomer has turned in his best years after the age of 30.

You really want to tell me how Danger, who probably has a better physical acumen than all of them, will be stuffed at 29?
Partly because of the way he plays

Once he loses his pace akin to Judd he won't be as effective

Beams wanted to be near his Dad in Qld when when the surface was scratched that meant only one of the Qld clubs. Dangerfield is playing the same bullshit game. It was alwaysGeelong

A mate just floated this to me.

Could Mackie be part of the trade? SA boy, recently re-signed for 2 years, which is very rare for us to do for a bloke who is 30. Then we re-sign the previously "definitely retiring" Enright for a year...

Back a few posts I see a Crows fan saying this:

For the most part our defense has been fine (hence finishing sixth). We are a talented tall short, plus one more rebounding mid sized defender. But we should be able to build that.

Hmmmmmm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back