Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

A mate just floated this to me.

Could Mackie be part of the trade? SA boy, recently re-signed for 2 years, which is very rare for us to do for a bloke who is 30. Then we re-sign the previously "definitely retiring" Enright for a year...

Back a few posts I see a Crows fan saying this:

Hmmmmmm.

Mackie is all but done, lucky to still be on a list.

Is there any truth to Essendon offering 1.1 million a season to Danger? Now he wouldn't want to go to Essendon IMO and fair enough but if that's true would he accept 800k from Geelong as it's been mentioned?

He deserves 1 Million plus IMO.

Well bringing Goddard in on big coin really worked out for Essendon, so I could definitely see Danger signing for them.

Never mind the fact there's still potential suspensions hanging over a number of key players, you'd surely have to offer a player like PD 2.5 mill/season to go there?

Is there any truth to Essendon offering 1.1 million a season to Danger? Now he wouldn't want to go to Essendon IMO and fair enough but if that's true would he accept 800k from Geelong as it's been mentioned?

He deserves 1 Million plus IMO.
He absolutely deserves a million or more... but sometimes money isn't the biggest factor in deciding. Also, perhaps he wants success at Geelong, and taking less than he could not only frees up 250+ thousand a year, but it also encourages other quality players to take slightly less salary than they could, which helps Geelong build a stronger team

Can someone explain the logic behind why Dangerfield naming his preferred destination club while he is now out of contract and no longer playing footy for his old club is considered "tampering" but all these other players contracted and uncontracted alike are able to name their club of choice now?

Can someone explain the logic behind why Dangerfield naming his preferred destination club while he is now out of contract and no longer playing footy for his old club is considered "tampering" but all these other players contracted and uncontracted alike are able to name their club of choice now?

What uncontracted player has done so?

Well bringing Goddard in on big coin really worked out for Essendon, so I could definitely see Danger signing for them.

Never mind the fact there's still potential suspensions hanging over a number of key players, you'd surely have to offer a player like PD 2.5 mill/season to go there?

Did you even read my post you pleb?

Did you even read my post you pleb?

Yes, I decided it was blatant trolling.

"Oh but my club is offering him $xmillion dollars, surely the Cats should pay more"

PD has said right the way through that it's not about money, try and keep up.

He'd be making a packet from his business interests in Adelaide as it is.

Great use of pleb though.

Yes, I decided it was blatant trolling.

"Oh but my club is offering him $xmillion dollars, surely the Cats should pay more"

PD has said right the way through that it's not about money, try and keep up.

He'd be making a packet from his business interests in Adelaide as it is.

Great use of pleb though.

Lol trolling.

Charlie Dixon
Treloar for one, Hampton for two, Jetta has nominated WA.

Those blokes are not eligible for free agency, and thus have to be traded.

Jetta is, and hasn't nominated a club, just a state like PD.

This is what the difference is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloar for one, Hampton for two, Jetta has nominated WA.

Hampton's contracted, so he gets to join the likes of Yarran, McCarthy, Plowman and Bell in a separate, slightly bizarre list.

Heh Jetta isn't a FA. If you were interested in FAs nominating clubs then you should have asked for that in your original post. FAs can nominate it beforehand but there's no real point - it's not like it kicks off trade discussions earlier in general, as they're free agents.

So humour us then... In what way would it be tampering?

I don't know if I said anything about tampering?

But I'd have thought that clubs are not allowed to talk terms with free agents until the opening of free agency?
You might not have but my question was asked at large to those who have been claiming it.

And naming his preferred destination club isn't the same as talking terms or having any contact with that club. All stuff his manager is well within their rights to do.

I don't know if I said anything about tampering?

But I'd have thought that clubs are not allowed to talk terms with free agents until the opening of free agency?

LANCE Franklin's move to Sydney began soon after the 2012 Grand Final.

Franklin’s management contacted the Swans and said Franklin would like to play for them in 2014.

Talks were held during this season, before they were ramped up in the past eight weeks.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...club-hes-leaving/story-e6frf3e3-1226730762232

Free agency started that year on Oct 4. The Buddy news was everywhere in the week leading up to it, including contract details. FAs are no different to any other player in that regard.

Of course Geelong will be more scared, adelaide are only risking pick 15 and geelong are risking Dangerfield - clear which one is worth more

Bullshit.

Geelong will put an offer on the table. Who knows where they Will draw the line and where crows will take a stand...

But if they had an offer on the table that was well better then the compo pick can Adelaide afford to turn it down and get nothing any more then Geelong can miss out on a player they desperately want?

Of course not.

Adelaide are about to lose one of their best players. You absolutely need to strengthen your team going forward and sell your team some hope. Pick 9 when he is drafted will be billed a star by your supporters straight out the gate because of hope.

Of course crows want bend over.

But don't pretend crows don't need this as much as Geelong need danger. You absolutely do need to get something done for danger ...

Bullshit.

Geelong will put an offer on the table. Who knows where they Will draw the line and where crows will take a stand...

But if they had an offer on the table that was well better then the compo pick can Adelaide afford to turn it down and get nothing any more then Geelong can miss out on a player they desperately want?

Of course not.

Adelaide are about to lose one of their best players. You absolutely need to strengthen your team going forward and sell your team some hope. Pick 9 when he is drafted will be billed a star by your supporters straight out the gate because of hope.

But don't pretend crows don't need this as much as Geelong need danger. You absolutely do need to get something done for danger ...
Bullshit.

Of course not.

philthy!!!

Of course Adelaide have pressure to try maximise the loss of Dangerfield hence forcing trade

All I'm saying is that Dangerfield is worth more than pick 15 and hence Geelong have more to lose by not pulling this off than Adelaide

I'm not saying Adelaide don't need to maximise this outcome , far from it and hence the need to force the trade and get more adequate deal than the compo pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back