Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Deleted my question about Nathan Freeman?

I couldn't care less about Freeman.

I'm not a Collingwood supporter. I'm talking about your statement and how it relates to our clubs potential dealings. Which in turn most likely highlights the hypocrisy of many fans view point if they agree with your assessment.

I couldn't care less about Freeman.

I'm not a Collingwood supporter. I'm talking about your statement and how it relates to our clubs potential dealings. Which in turn most likely highlights the hypocrisy of many fans view point if they agree with your assessment.

Well what you've said is:

Has zero relevance to any trade.

I'd say it probably has some relevance to the Freeman trade, no? He hasn't played a game, how would anyone know what he's worth?

I'm not convinced. Pick 9 is worth all of that, and they're (allegedly) getting another first rounder as well?

Hmmm.

I understand you rate your depth and such, but what did Cheney and Lowden net you last year? Sweet FA really, wasn't it? An upgrade of picks? They were both key position players too, more valuable than mids.
Adelaide have proven to be pretty good at developing players. I reckon multiple later first rounders would be worth more to them than a single mid-first rounder.

Without checking I don't think we got much for Cheney and Lowden but they were certainly the least promising of our depth. Lowden had been on the list for years and played little footy for us and Cheney was KPD depth we no longer needed with Frawley coming in and Brand (until injured) and Heatherley improving. We would've likely delisted them both if not for that interest from Adelaide yet Cheney has found himself playing finals for them and who knows about Lowden if it weren't for his foot.

If they're looking for a mid/tall-sized rebounding defender then I'm sure we'd be willing to part with Litherland. Simpkin would offer them better midfield depth than Kerridge also.

They could let us take Dangerfield as a free agent (if Dangerfield was willing), get their compo pick and then we trade Litherland, Simpkin, our first rounder, 2016 first rounder for Kerridge, Dear and their 3rd rounder this year and next. Or whatever trade that is clearly in their favour but not by so much it gets shot down by the AFL.

Adelaide have proven to be pretty good at developing players. I reckon multiple later first rounders would be worth more to them than a single mid-first rounder.

Without checking I don't think we got much for Cheney and Lowden but they were certainly the least promising of our depth. Lowden had been on the list for years and played little footy for us and Cheney was KPD depth we no longer needed with Frawley coming in and Brand (until injured) and Heatherley improving. We would've likely delisted them both if not for that interest from Adelaide yet Cheney has found himself playing finals for them and who knows about Lowden if it weren't for his foot.

If they're looking for a mid/tall-sized rebounding defender then I'm sure we'd be willing to part with Litherland. Simpkin would offer them better midfield depth than Kerridge also.

They could let us take Dangerfield as a free agent (if Dangerfield was willing), get their compo pick and then we trade Litherland, Simpkin, our first rounder, 2016 first rounder for Kerridge, Dear and their 3rd rounder this year and next. Or whatever trade that is clearly in their favour but not by so much it gets shot down by the AFL.

Simpkin? You're taking the piss surely. Kerridge at least has something resembling upside. Simpkin would not be a regular player at any team looking to play finals.

Well what you've said is:

I'd say it probably has some relevance to the Freeman trade, no? He hasn't played a game, how would anyone know what he's worth?

I'd say where he was picked means nothing. "Pick 1" actually means nothing.

Its a subjective decision. Just because someone else says a player was worth pick 1 does not mean they were worth that in every other persons evaluation.

I'd say where he was picked means nothing. "Pick 1" actually means nothing.

Its a subjective decision. Just because someone else says a player was worth pick 1 does not mean they were worth that in every other persons evaluation.

Busy month for you? I trust your other 250 posts since you joined have been to a similar standard as this?

Say that's 2x pick 15s. Bout what we got for Ablett, might be getting closer.

I'm no wrap on Hartung. I'm also not fond of Murdoch though, so who knows.
This year after free agency compos it will be about pick 20 this year. And you'd assume with Dangerfield we'd be at least making a preliminary final again so pick 20 (2015) + pick 17-20 (2016) + Hartung (who due to endurance running power is worth a lot more with interchange cap).

This year after free agency compos it will be about pick 20 this year. And you'd assume with Dangerfield we'd be at least making a preliminary final again so pick 20 (2015) + pick 17-20 (2016) + Hartung (who due to endurance running power is worth a lot more with interchange cap).

Haha.

Not convinced that interchange cap will play a massive role in Hartung's value unless he works out how to stop running in circles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha.

Not convinced that interchange cap will play a massive role in Hartung's value unless he works out how to stop running in circles.
Running circles around opposition is why he's been so well received ;)

Don't get me wrong I would love for Hawks to get Danger but if it comes to trading for him then I doubt we will even still be chasing him

Yes it is.
Why wouldnt Adelaide match?

They'll be able to get a deal done.

My view is they wouldnt match unless they knew they were close on a deal.

I said, "I can't see Crows not matching $800k."

I know the double negative is not great use of the English language but it means the same thing as "I can see the Crows matching $800k".

I've had a few Crows supporters replied as if I can't see them matching it.

Hahaha Hartung won't leave Hawthorn. He is from Victoria and recently purchased a house...
Yeah I know. Was just to prove the point that we did have the depth (he's not best 22 yet) and picks combination to at least match what Geelong might offer without slapping together 4-5 of our worst depth players.

Yeah I know. Was just to prove the point that we did have the depth (he's not best 22 yet) and picks combination to at least match what Geelong might offer without slapping together 4-5 of our worst depth players.

Yeah fair point there! Geelong could only do better then Hawks in terms of a trade for Danger with their earlier first round draft pick.

Yep, enjoy him. At least Lewis Taylor won a rising star before people worked out he has no hurt factor.
Haha you're not going to get a rise out of me on this. It's clear Hartung is going to be a very good to great player. Once he starts running to the right spots every time (just like Smith and Hill had to learn before him) he will be an incredibly dangerous player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back