Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would adelaide match the offer if he chose hawks, they dont have much to trade with.
Hawthorn have plenty to trade with. Given they were into Cheney and Lowden last year I'd be surprised if they weren't interested in some of our depth players. And even if they weren't I'm sure there are other clubs who would be and those picks gained from other clubs could be used to trade with Adelaide. There's plenty more currency in the Hawthorn list than Geelongs at the moment it would just be a matter of would Dangerfield be prepared to come to Hawthorn and would Hawthorn be willing to put up our first pick and a couple depth players to get the deal done. If the first answer is yes then I'm sure the second answer would be yes also.

Hawthorn have plenty to trade with. Given they were into Cheney and Lowden last year I'd be surprised if they weren't interested in some of our depth players. And even if they weren't I'm sure there are other clubs who would be and those picks gained from other clubs could be used to trade with Adelaide. There's plenty more currency in the Hawthorn list than Geelongs at the moment it would just be a matter of would Dangerfield be prepared to come to Hawthorn and would Hawthorn be willing to put up our first pick and a couple depth players to get the deal done. If the first answer is yes then I'm sure the second answer would be yes also.

"Yes, here Adelaide, please take pick 15/16/17/18, Dan Howe and both Langfords."

I don't know if I said anything about tampering?

But I'd have thought that clubs are not allowed to talk terms with free agents until the opening of free agency?
They are allowed to talk terms but they cannot sign any agreements until the official trade/free agency period starts.
One has to ask why Richmond has been talking to Yarran all year in the first year of a new two year contract. That is against AFL rules.

They are allowed to talk terms but they cannot sign any agreements until the official trade/free agency period starts.
One has to ask why Richmond has been talking to Yarran all year in the first year of a new two year contract. That is against AFL rules.

Wouldn't get too upset, they're probably doing you a favour.

He will be at Geelong next season that is a given.

Michelangelo Rucci, the chief football writer at the Adelaide Advertiser declared: "Adelaide Football Club chief executive Andrew Fagan will on Thursday declare that the Crows intend to force free-agent Patrick Dangerfield into the lottery of the AFL draft if Geelong does not strike a fair trade for the star midfielder."

He also went on to declare that: "Dangerfield has assured Adelaide he will only take up an offer from Geelong rather than accept deals from eager clubs Hawthorn, Richmond and Collingwood."

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2015-09-24/mediawatch-trade-and-free-agency

This is on the Cats website today, so all those people trying to argue that Geelong isn't the main player (at this stage) for Danger are seriously dreaming.

"Yes, here Adelaide, please take pick 15/16/17/18, Dan Howe and both Langfords."
I know you're being facetious but that's still a way better deal than what is being touted in here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you're being facetious but that's still a way better deal than what is being touted in here.

I'm not convinced. Pick 9 is worth all of that, and they're (allegedly) getting another first rounder as well?

Hmmm.

I understand you rate your depth and such, but what did Cheney and Lowden net you last year? Sweet FA really, wasn't it? An upgrade of picks? They were both key position players too, more valuable than mids.

You have nothing you'd give we'd want that's the issue. Your best players are now old and Rioli is about the only thing close to Dangers value.
So hypothetically if the best Geelong is willing to offer is pick ~9 and Murdoch then you don't think Hawthorn couldn't find a trade that matches or beats that value?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back