Patrick smith- 'Arrogant Power worthy of boos'

Remove this Banner Ad

Williams clearly wasn't happy with the players going off. But that's the coaches job, to keep a lid on it and keep the players focussed. I reckon the guys were just excited because they knew they were going to the Grand Final...and let's face it, they trounced the Roos. I sure they know its not going to be easy against the Cats.

As for Williams with the tie and the "you were wrong" call in his speech, I reckon he would look back and slightly regret those actions and comments. But hey, everyone was calling them chokers. He's not a robot.

If I recall, Tredrea's goal came at the end of a 6 goal run in the first 10 minutes of the 3rd quarter, transforming a 5 goal lead into over 11 goals.

The place was rocking.

On the replay, even Michael Christian said as the goal was sailing through "It's party time!", before Tredders played to the crowd.

It is an emotional game, sometimes, this game of football.

If I recall, Tredrea's goal came at the end of a 6 goal run in the first 10 minutes of the 3rd quarter, transforming a 5 goal lead into over 11 goals.

The place was rocking.

On the replay, even Michael Christian said as the goal was sailing through "It's party time!", before Tredders played to the crowd.

It is an emotional game, sometimes, this game of football.
Doesnt matter what time of the game the goal came or how far in front they were he should never have played up to the crowd in that way.Tredrea should just remember that he has been out of form all season and has been carried through to the finals by his teamates without making much of a contribution.One things for sure he wont have it that easy come the Grand Final and i hope all the Geelong players stick it up him when it happens

Doesnt matter what time of the game the goal came or how far in front they were he should never have played up to the crowd in that way.Tredrea should just remember that he has been out of form all season and has been carried through to the finals by his teamates without making much of a contribution.One things for sure he wont have it that easy come the Grand Final and i hope all the Geelong players stick it up him when it happens

Nothing you just said shows that Tredrea shouldn't be allowed to celebrate. And you conveniently ignored everyone's posts about other players performing much more over the top displays.

Nothing you just said shows that Tredrea shouldn't be allowed to celebrate. And you conveniently ignored everyone's posts about other players performing much more over the top displays.
Never said there was anything wrong with celebrating but when you make a tool of yourself in the way that you do it like Tredrea did then you deserve to be bagged for it.He is not even that good a player anymore and to carry on like your your some sort of superstar is a disgrace

Never said there was anything wrong with celebrating but when you make a tool of yourself in the way that you do it like Tredrea did then you deserve to be bagged for it.He is not even that good a player anymore and to carry on like your your some sort of superstar is a disgrace

If you've been out of form, what a time to try to get things going... in a prelim, kicking a classic goal, during a 13(?) goal run. Why not celebrate a bit. I didn't even see anything in it.... there are bigger celebrations in any other match.

Watching that 1 seconds clip in slow motion in isolation can give it a new dimension, but in the heat of the game, in that atmosphere, the team were dominating, the crowd were rocking, robert walls was complaining.. it's a spur of the moment thing. Emotion can take a team a long way

At least they didn't plan a celebration, and say... do a handstand in the middle of the oval, cos that would be really arrogant.

archer5qr4.jpg

Look at the way those arrogant Port players are standing there - arrogantly mocking Glen Archer with their presence.

And .... oh my god ... they are ... APPLAUDING .... - the NERVE of those arrogant bastards!!!!!

I think the celebrations were over the top and lacked class. By that stage they were 70 points up for god's sake, too me it just felt like they were rubbing North's nose in it...

Those singling out Cam Mooney are barking up the wrong tree. That game was well and truly alive when he kicked that goal.

For me that's where the line is......if the game's done and dusted and you still carry on like you've 'kicked the sealer' well........you end up looking like a tool.

I think the celebrations were over the top and lacked class. By that stage they were 70 points up for god's sake, too me it just felt like they were rubbing North's nose in it...

Those singling out Cam Mooney are barking up the wrong tree. That game was well and truly alive when he kicked that goal.

For me that's where the line is......if the game's done and dusted and you still carry on like you've 'kicked the sealer' well........you end up looking like a tool.

Sounds like someone is upset that their team didn't make the GF.
Don't cry son, .... your time will come oneday.

Why are you trying so hard to seperate the two?

I don't give a shit if we were 200 points up, getting into a GF is getting into a GF, and for a soldier as passionate as Chad Cornes is, there is a lot of angst that needs releasing. Absolutely no problem with his little step.

Tredders' is a bit different, probably a combination of having kicked a great goal and starting to dominate a match, when many had him dead and buried, combined with the fact that he is a massive EPL fan, and was probably copying the celebrations of one of his heroes. Having a go at him is harsh.

Of course I'm not surprised that there are some tools around doing so.

You have still failed to show why his celebration makes him a tool, whereas more over the top celebrations don't make that player a tool. Not even that good a player anymore?

Mate, don't bother posting anymore. Nothing you say is going to be taken seriously.

Predator. Quote:

Why are you trying so hard to seperate the two?

I don't give a shit if we were 200 points up, getting into a GF is getting into a GF, and for a soldier as passionate as Chad Cornes is, there is a lot of angst that needs releasing. Absolutely no problem with his little step.

Tredders' is a bit different, probably a combination of having kicked a great goal and starting to dominate a match, when many had him dead and buried, combined with the fact that he is a massive EPL fan, and was probably copying the celebrations of one of his heroes. Having a go at him is harsh.

Of course I'm not surprised that there are some tools around doing so

I just rekon the game had got to a point where it was clear who the winners were and those two celebrations were over the top and lacked class. FWIW from all reports your coach agrees with me. If I'm a tool for thinking that, so be it I guess......

Any yep, I was bitterly disappointed the hawks couldn't make it, but I hardly think that's relevant. It's not like I'm a disgruntled Roos supporter cutting up rough after getting a towelling. I saw what I saw and have voiced an opinion.

You have still failed to show why his celebration makes him a tool, whereas more over the top celebrations don't make that player a tool. Not even that good a player anymore?

Mate, don't bother posting anymore. Nothing you say is going to be taken seriously.
Look you fool if cant see what a tool he is by his celebrationary bow then your just as big a tool as he is.And no he isnt that good a player anymore.He has had a poor season in fact he has been poor since he has come back from injury and for you to suggest otherwise would be silly.Take your biase away from the thread and see it for what it really is you ignorant fool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look you fool if cant see what a tool he is by his celebrationary bow then your just as big a tool as he is.And no he isnt that good a player anymore.He has had a poor season in fact he has been poor since he has come back from injury and for you to suggest otherwise would be silly.Take your biase away from the thread and see it for what it really is you ignorant fool
Why is it that Cornes and Tredrea get criticised but there's no mention of Cameron Mooney's antics. Their celebrations would have lasted what, a second or two? Mooney was parading around for far longer.

mooney4ul9.jpg

mooney2io1.jpg

mooney1vf5.jpg

Patrick Smith makes a big song and dance about something that in Tredrea's case if you blinked you'd have missed it while glossing over the wonderful sendoff that was accorded to Glenn Archer. all the while having apparently no problem with Mooney's celebrations.

Can't you see that his intention is to whip up Victorian sentiment?

Tredrea has never been liked by opposition supporters.
He never complains to teammates for their poor disposal to him. Never whinges to umpires for not being paid the numerous free-kicks he deserves but doesn't get. Just gets on with the job.

He's been maligned for a small number of celebratory acts over the years, that in all honesty have never been confronting to opposition supporters, like players charging towards members of the opposition cheersquad after kicking simple run-in goals from the goalsquare.

Tredrea is destined not to be liked by non-Port people. When Jonathan Brown struggled through parts of 2005 with injury, we didn't jump down Shiva's throat bagging him. Tredrea will come good again and with any luck will have a reasonable grandfinal this week.

Patrick Smith lost more credibility with his sensationalistic and irrational display of garbology this week in the Australian, than Tredrea and Cornes did for their 3.3 nanoseconds worth of celebrations.

At least our players waited until they knew they were in the GF before celebrating. Tony Liberatore and others over the years have been alot more premature in their gloating.

Is it not obvious to most footy supporters that PA are one of the most disrespected GF teams in recent years?

The Victorian media led by Walls and Smith, the AFL and the Victorian fans have taken every opportunity to give it to to Port because not only do they want Geelong to win but they need Geelong to win because the victorian teams had 3 out of 4 prelim teams and only 1 made it through - the first in some years.

Port are a good side and Mark Williams a damn good coach ( his team has been the only team since round 3 to actually beat Geelong but the Victorian media still scream about all the injuries Geelong had that day).

Make no mistake, every Victorian from Demetriou down are praying for a Geelong win otherwise interstate teams would have won the premiership from 2001 onwards and this equalization by the draft crap will be exposed for what it is - crap.

I don't support PA but good luck to Tredrea - he has one -and possibly 2 more premierships than West, Johnson, Buckley, Harvey and half a dozen other players touted as champions.

Best of luck Port. Geelong doesn't need luck - it will have the crowd, the media, the AFL and the umpires on its side.

Tredrea has never been liked by opposition supporters.
He never complains to teammates for their poor disposal to him. Never whinges to umpires for not being paid the numerous free-kicks he deserves but doesn't get. Just gets on with the job.

He's been maligned for a small number of celebratory acts over the years, that in all honesty have never been confronting to opposition supporters, like players charging towards members of the opposition cheersquad after kicking simple run-in goals from the goalsquare.

Tredrea is destined not to be liked by non-Port people. When Jonathan Brown struggled through parts of 2005 with injury, we didn't jump down Shiva's throat bagging him. Tredrea will come good again and with any luck will have a reasonable grandfinal this week.

Patrick Smith lost more credibility with his sensationalistic and irrational display of garbology this week in the Australian, than Tredrea and Cornes did for their 3.3 nanoseconds worth of celebrations.

At least our players waited until they knew they were in the GF before celebrating. Tony Liberatore and others over the years have been alot more premature in their gloating.

Dont know why you mention J brown on this topic as it has nothing to do with the thread.He doesnt carry on as bad as Tredrea so there is no reason to relate his name to this issue.
Your just clutching at straws to get your point across probably because your biased towards your club but defending Tredreas actions will only make you look like a tool

Is it not obvious to most footy supporters that PA are one of the most disrespected GF teams in recent years?

The Victorian media led by Walls and Smith, the AFL and the Victorian fans have taken every opportunity to give it to to Port because not only do they want Geelong to win but they need Geelong to win because the victorian teams had 3 out of 4 prelim teams and only 1 made it through - the first in some years.

Port are a good side and Mark Williams a damn good coach ( his team has been the only team since round 3 to actually beat Geelong but the Victorian media still scream about all the injuries Geelong had that day).

Make no mistake, every Victorian from Demetriou down are praying for a Geelong win otherwise interstate teams would have won the premiership from 2001 onwards and this equalization by the draft crap will be exposed for what it is - crap.

I don't support PA but good luck to Tredrea - he has one -and possibly 2 more premierships than West, Johnson, Buckley, Harvey and half a dozen other players touted as champions.

Best of luck Port. Geelong doesn't need luck - it will have the crowd, the media, the AFL and the umpires on its side.

Pretty much sums it up.

Dont know why you mention J brown on this topic as it has nothing to do with the thread.He doesnt carry on as bad as Tredrea so there is no reason to relate his name to this issue.
Your just clutching at straws to get your point across probably because your biased towards your club but defending Tredreas actions will only make you look like a tool

I suppose if your team doesnt make it to the granny you have to do something to make yourself feel better.

I love the fact that iffeminate wingers like yourself are upset by treadrea and port, it reminds me of the good old days in the sanfl, when everyone hated us because we won just about everything.

I'd love to see Tredders (AKA The Boss) Bow on the podium after accepting his premiership medallion.

I mean hell, they were romping into a Grand Final. Maybe Patrick SMith has alsheimers and thought they were still in the pre season. If you can't celebrate with some vigour in a prelim final in front of your home crowd, when can you?

PS. w***er.

I suppose if your team doesnt make it to the granny you have to do something to make yourself feel better.

I love the fact that iffeminate wingers like yourself are upset by treadrea and port, it reminds me of the good old days in the sanfl, when everyone hated us because we won just about everything.
Not worried about my team not getting to the GF.Theyve had their fair share of success fairly recently.
I dont get upset by stupid things players do.so your wrong there as well I was merely commenting how stupid Tredreas actions were and most Port supporters wouldnt agree because theyve got their Port goggles on just like you

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick smith- 'Arrogant Power worthy of boos'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back