MRP / Trib. Pavlich reported for rough conduct

Remove this Banner Ad

Could look at it the other way and see it as a game for Pav to gain form on the run in to finals, not a bad game to make his return at home. I honestly cant see us winning an appeal. If we fail in our bid, giving him 3 games for fittness and form on the run in to finals is very dangerous considering hes played 5 games for the year. I'm sure Ross and the MC is weighing that up

You are right. Considering FFC's luck at the tribunal this year I would say the chances of success are very slim.

Though I am angry at the penalty, I am also of the opinion that Pav should just accept the 3 weeks and move on.

Unlike fyfe and crowley's case, Pav did made a bad move and rightfully deserve suspension. Going to tribunal to sook (the punishment is too harsh, can we lower it) doesn't really befit the captain of our no excuses team.

Will do well for the team to continue on this no nonsense mindset as well

Though I am angry at the penalty, I am also of the opinion that Pav should just accept the 3 weeks and move on.

Unlike fyfe and crowley's case, Pav did made a bad move and rightfully deserve suspension. Going to tribunal to sook (the punishment is too harsh, can we lower it) doesn't really befit the captain of our no excuses team.

Will do well for the team to continue on this no nonsense mindset as well

I think you've just nailed everything with this 1 post. Well said.:thumbsu:

When will someone (anyone) at the Fremantle Football Club stand up for our players and attack the system? That is once again the disappointment that I have from this :(

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the penalty for fielding a suspended player/ playing incorrect team to team submitted? Do we lose points?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the penalty for fielding a suspended player/ playing incorrect team to team submitted? Do we lose points?

Amusing as it might be to try and disguise Pav as say Jack Hannath in the game against Richmond that is just about the weirdest thing I have ever heard even thought of on BF - and that takes some doing!

I thought at the time that Brown was spinning around which contributed to Pav getting him high. Very much contributed to the front on contact which in turn decided the intent portion.

The fact that Clancee comes off in a state and we didn't even get a free kick for it - in fact Embley ran forward to receive without a man on him so the Eagles got a goal after Embley kicked to LeCras. Versus Pav's which was a lesser impact gets a free and more weeks off. Also as mentioned the McKernan incident being less weeks than Pav is just wrong.

No Pav and no McPharlin means we are right up against it now to make the four and keep any hope of a GF appearance alive.

There was rumour Pav was having a glut issue, maybe he was set to miss a couple anyway and they thought **** it
You nailed it mate, he wasn't right all day. He was outrun most of the day and had work on his lower back and left hammy on about 4 occassions. RTB even mentioned it in his presser.

Amusing as it might be to try and disguise Pav as say Jack Hannath in the game against Richmond that is just about the weirdest thing I have ever heard even thought of on BF - and that takes some doing!

Haha i actually thought that before myself, just send him out there...what would they do stop the game and physically remove him:D

I do what I can :)

I ask though, because http://au.sports.yahoo.com/football/news/article/-/17658433/ and was just wandering what the AFL's penalty was- haven't been able to find anything yet.

"Ethiopia admitted Tuesday fielding a suspended footballer in a World Cup qualifier during June, and FIFA match records show Togo were guilty of a similar offence....
....The standard punishment for a team guilty of using an ineligible player is that their opponents are awarded a 3-0 victory, with Sudan, Burkina Faso and Gabon already punished during the qualifying competition for Brazil."

MRP:

images

All done now, but for future reference forceful front on contact takes into actual and POTENTIAL injury. It will almost never be Low Impact due to the potential of serious injury, even at low speeds. The only chance would have been negligent which would have been very hard to argue as well.

Yeah, I think you're right. But I really think there's a case for 'low impact' because of where the force of Pav's action goes. Brown is already in motion towards the direction he ends up spinning towards, the actual force to the head/neck region is effectively relatively light.

Negligent and reckless thing I've never fully got my head around, except that negligent is when a player does what would be considered an 'acceptable' action but 'neglects' to action it correctly, where as reckless is where the action could reasonably cause some harm to begin with ... but that's just how I've interpreted it. Most of these 'head high bumps' could go either way on that definition of things.

Of course, whatever we think, the MRP have their own way of doing these things which I suspect is based on some ancient Egyptian secret formula involving dice, sun dials and communication with mysterious aliens.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Pavlich reported for rough conduct

Remove this Banner Ad

Back