holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
I would prefer if Tarrant played up at CHF, and Pavlich move to FF. Tarrant is better at leading up the ground than staying at the goal square, as that is what he did at Collingwood. Pavlich has shown he can play leading from the goal square, so to fit Tarrant in the side, Pavlich may have to make a move. But Pavlich has made moves all over the Ground in the past. He is an All Australian for CHB, Center and CHF. Maybe an AA at FF to add to his list. :)

Plus you have Farmer in the pocket, the youngster Ryan Murphy also leading up from the goal square. Plus the two ruckman, Sandilands and Longmuir, alternating from the forward line.

I'd have Murphy leading from FF and Tarrant on the HF line. That'll leave Pavlich to lead up the ground and become the link man or drop in the hole between FF and HF.

I'd love to see Spud put a few kilos on this summer. When he first started running around he was frightened to go into contested marking situations, give him another kg or 2 and he'll be a real menace!

holybishop said:
I would prefer if Tarrant played up at CHF, and Pavlich move to FF. Tarrant is better at leading up the ground than staying at the goal square, as that is what he did at Collingwood. Pavlich has shown he can play leading from the goal square, so to fit Tarrant in the side, Pavlich may have to make a move. But Pavlich has made moves all over the Ground in the past. He is an All Australian for CHB, Center and CHF. Maybe an AA at FF to add to his list. :)

Plus you have Farmer in the pocket, the youngster Ryan Murphy also leading up from the goal square. Plus the two ruckman, Sandilands and Longmuir, alternating from the forward line.

He's actually been named at Full Back (2002), Half Forward (2003), Centre Half Forward (2005) and on the interchange bench (2006) in his All-Australian selections.

For mine:
Tarrant at FF. Murphy FP. Wiz FP.
Pavlich CHF. Don't go changing Pav's role. He's been awesome at CHF these past 2 seasons. Tarrant is a very good FF. Leave him close to th square with Murph... it'll work.

Goal Square said:
For mine:
Tarrant at FF. Murphy FP. Wiz FP.
Pavlich CHF. Don't go changing Pav's role. He's been awesome at CHF these past 2 seasons. Tarrant is a very good FF. Leave him close to th square with Murph... it'll work.

I don't think tarrant is a good FF. An okay one maybe. But Murphy will be a much more accurate shot on goal and we would be better getting him into that role with Tarrant getting the ball into the forward area to Pav, Murphy and Farmer.

Murphy starts in the goalsquare, Tarrant 30m from goal and Pav on the 50m arc. Murphy to lead from the square, looking to take his marks around 30-40m from goal, Tarrant leading up taking marks 70-80m from goal or turning his opponent around and marking inside 50. Pav to be allowed plenty of space, and spend atleast a quarter on the ball each week.

Top HF line imo.

Murphy left flank, Pavlich center and Tarrant right flank. All can kick over fifty on a set shot. Serious firepower there.

dominguez said:
Murphy starts in the goalsquare, Tarrant 30m from goal and Pav on the 50m arc. Murphy to lead from the square, looking to take his marks around 30-40m from goal, Tarrant leading up taking marks 70-80m from goal or turning his opponent around and marking inside 50. Pav to be allowed plenty of space, and spend atleast a quarter on the ball each week.

I agree ! ;) That will cause a lot of headaches to the opposition.

dominguez said:

And farmer roaming around as well,looks great

Now tha tTazza has arrived you'll see Pav go into the midfield say 10-20% of the time he'll play a similar role to Jimmy Hird at Bumbers 1999-2004(when he was fit)

Dockers identified the need for big bodies at stoppages & Centre boucedowns
Pav was used like this in the last few games and during the finals also helps break tags. Then he drifts forward.

with Tazza, Pav and Wiz all commanding A grade defenders, Tatter is the one who could slip under the radar on aconsistent basis.

Tarrants best work is leading up to the wings. Both him and Pavlich should start on the half forward line IMO, taking turns to drop back etc.

Pavlich is to valuable to leave in the goalsquare, but Taz does give you another option caus during the finals opp teams just triple teamed Pav.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aslong as Murphy's form is pretty good he has to play every week. Connolly has said that his best position will be CHF so hopefully with some more games under his belt, a bit of chemistry with Tarrant, and a fit JLo we can return to playing Pav on-ball for around 3/4 of each game.

Hopefully Connolly is planning to experiment with a few things next year, too often he he puts a plan in place and sticks with it for too long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pavlich should now play Full Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back