Pay Attention! Dream Team & Supercoach Questions Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Every year, Dream Team and Supercoach enquiries choke up team boards during the pre-season. Guess what? You aren't the only person wondering if Proud will finally get a run under a new coach.

If you are a visitor to this board, please take the time to read this thread to see if your question has been answered.

The information you seek may also be available on the Roster Watch Board (above).

If it is the latest news on injuries you are after, then Roster Watch contains an Injury Watch thread too.

If not, you will certainly want to read through Quigley's 2008 Full Time Report thread which gives a DT/Supercoach analysis of every player on our list last year and this year.

Finally, if those sources of info aren't useful, feel free to post your query here. Please be warned though - your question won't be answered if it has already been asked, if it is stupid (ie how many games will Clark play?) or if you are rude/demanding.

Thanks.

Oops! Guilty. Sorry about that guys.

Noooo, your thread is fine.

Its only annoying when people start new threads to ask one small question about a player.

The number of people who started threads saying "How's Albert Proud travelling" last year was ridiculous. Especially when we have Roster Watch.

People might like to also know we have an injury watch thread in Roster Watch. We aren't likely to know any more than what's already been posted there.

Understood.

Thanks again for earlier direction to the Player Watch Board and Quigley's post.

Most appreciated.

Enjoy your AFL in '09

No worries BtB. Good luck.:)

Great thread idea.

Unfortunately 95 percent of people who come here asking for advice wont read it and will start a new thread regardless.

Yeah but there's a new sheriff in town this year.

People might like to also know we have an injury watch thread in Roster Watch. We aren't likely to know any more than what's already been posted there.

Good point. OP has been amended with a link to Injury Watch.

Cheers for the good tips guys, but before I get into any detail reading them threads, can anyone tell me if Tippett will get any games this year? Has he been training well?

And also, I need a backup and Luenburger looks pretty tank so I suspect he might play a bit next year?

Could anyone help?

Wow this is great for lazy people like me who cant be bothered going through every little thread for info lol.

So...

DRUMMOND: Injuries??? Fitness? Rd.1?

ADCOCK: Voss effect? Fitness? Midfield time? Back to his 07 best?

Stiller: In best 22? Disposal improved? Voss effect?

Shermanator: Voss effect - still tagging? Ever going to see the 2006 form again?

Rich: Everything going smoothly? He's pretty much a lock in my team but any news wouldn't go astray.

BIG JONNO BROWN: FITNESS??? I know he'll be playing, he's always playing but will he be playing injured again?

Rucks: Could Charman return to his near-elite status of a few years ago? How's Leuenberger developing?

Rockliff: Chance at games this year?

Cheers guys, it's much appreciated!

Any questions on Crows players and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers for the good tips guys, but before I get into any detail reading them threads, can anyone tell me if Tippett will get any games this year? Has he been training well?

And also, I need a backup and Luenburger looks pretty tank so I suspect he might play a bit next year?

Could anyone help?

Leuenberger will play a lot. Tippett is still a rookie so not good value there.

:eek:

Wow this is great for lazy people like me who cant be bothered going through every little thread for info lol.

DRUMMOND: Injuries??? Fitness? Rd.1?

Drummond is looking as good as one could hope, but we all know his history with injuries.

ADCOCK: Voss effect? Fitness? Midfield time? Back to his 07 best?

Back to 07 form IMO. I have him in my side.

Stiller: In best 22? Disposal improved? Voss effect?

Not in best 22.

Shermanator: Voss effect - still tagging? Ever going to see the 2006 form again?

Voss has said he will play forward. Probably best 22, but IMO will be a bit too hot and cold to be good value.

Rich: Everything going smoothly? He's pretty much a lock in my team but any news wouldn't go astray.

Question on endurance, but no injuries. Good chance to play in round 1.

BIG JONNO BROWN: FITNESS??? I know he'll be playing, he's always playing but will he be playing injured again?

Was icing his leg the other day, but doesn't look too serious. IMO don't get him straight away, see his first two rounds and then decide from there.

Rucks: Could Charman return to his near-elite status of a few years ago? How's Leuenberger developing?

I doubt Charman will return to his best. He seems to be suffering a degenerative injury of some sort. Get on Leuenberger, will be given plenty of game time.

Rockliff: Chance at games this year?

Good chance, but when is anyone's guess.

Cheers guys, it's much appreciated!

Any questions on Crows players and I'll be happy to help.

Let's just cut to the chase. Who is good value (Supercoach)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's just cut to the chase. Who is good value (Supercoach)?

Cheers for all the info. Happy to hear about Drummo and Adcock. Unsure on Browny.

I'm more of a DT guy but still, Brent Reilly, Taylor Walker and Patrick Dangerfield would all be good picks in SC.

Reilly is undervalued (not dicounted but still cheap) because of his injury-plagued season last year but has had a career-best pre-season and is an automatic selection in our 22 despite getting dropped late last year.

Walker will step right into our forward line from round one IMO. Kicked 50+ goals in the SANFL last year and has grown slightly taller and bulked up plenty since then. He is a freakish talent. Will be competing with Gill, Stevens, Tippett, McKernan, Sellar and Hentschel for forward spots but I'd put him ahead of all but Stevens at this stage. Plus Craigy has prasied him in the media stating that he is ready for AFL football. Watch him in the NAB.

Dangerfield: Is on the fringe of our best 22. He's the type of player we desperately need at the moment (Faaaaast) so I'm sure Craigy will be keen to get games into him despite criticizing his 2008 work ethic a few weeks ago. I have him behind Rich, Hartlett and Swift as rookie mids at this stage but he's certainly an option.

Youngsters that could be good:
McKernan (as a BAC), Sloane (B), Petrenko(B), Gallman(B), Kite(B), Sellar (as a RUC), Otten(M).

It is all speculation as to whether these guys will play early but if one does well in the NAB, look out. I'm sure you're stretching for back rooks like I am so if an AFL-ready guy like Petrenko gets games it could be handy.

Lastly, Porplyzia is still an option despite not being the bargain he was last year. His shoulder injury/surgery means that he has had an interrupted pre-season (only just re-joined the main group) and may start off slow, but his 08 average copped a beating every game that his shoulder popped out last year, making him slightly undervalued. Like J.Brown, best sit and watch for the first few rounds and pounce if he's 100%, remember he still scored well with a crook shoulder (when he was out there) last year but best to be safe with 350k'ers.

Please be warned though - your question won't be answered if it has already been asked, if it is stupid (ie how many games will Clark play?)

can anyone tell me if Tippett will get any games this year?

Sigh.

No-one knows how many games anyone will play. That is particularly so for a rookie who currently cannot play.

Cheers everyone.
Just one more thing, you guys seem to like Hendo, so do you think he will play alot next year?

Ill be sure to give you some tips on Crows players (most preferably DT, not into SC) :thumbsu:

I'd wait until NAB Cup to see what role Hendo is likely to play. He is in a group with Clouston, Clark and maybe Collier who are all competing for one or two spots, depending on structure.

I think Patfull's scores will go up this year, particularly if one of the above steps up to play on key forwards. He has shown some propensity to run off the backline but is yet to do it consistently. I think there are better options.

I'm more of a DT guy...

On Daniel Rich I'm not sure he would be that good in dream team. I'm not expecting him to be a big possession winner (ie. averaging 15 or less disposals), but will be quite damaging when he does get it, therefore being better suited to Supercoach.

Yeah but there's a new sheriff in town this year.

Sent that guernsey out yet lawdog? How about board player sponsorship :D

Might want to adjust the link in this thread. I can't do it coz the thread is locked.

Sent that guernsey out yet lawdog? How about board player sponsorship :D

Might want to adjust the link in this thread. I can't do it coz the thread is locked.

Backseat moderating. Nice!

CtD should receive the jumper today.

Player sponsorship - have not even turned my mind to it.

Backseat moderating. Nice!

CtD should receive the jumper today.

Player sponsorship - have not even turned my mind to it.

View's good from the cheap seats! I'd better stop now other cards might fly. Or is it only weevil who gets his jollies from those childish little games?

View's good from the cheap seats! I'd better stop now other cards might fly. Or is it only weevil who gets his jollies from those childish little games?
No. I think that sort of stuff is funny too. Watch your back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pay Attention! Dream Team & Supercoach Questions Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back