PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Paul is by far my favourite. I like Jayz but you have to take some of his stuff with a grain of salt at times but I think he’s genuine and his heart is in the right place.

Paul is by far my favourite. I like Jayz but you have to take some of his stuff with a grain of salt at times but I think he’s genuine and his heart is in the right place.

I like Jay because he just seems like one of us and the type of dude I'd hang out with. He gets excited, he sometimes exaggerates but he also has fun and owns up to things.

AMD RDNA 4 cards reportedly pushed out to Q1 2025 because they can't sell RDNA 3 cards, mainly Navi 31 models

Could also work out beneficial if NVIDIA are only launching 5090 and 5080 at the same time and anyone shopping for a new card wants something better value.

Rough last 18 months with unexpected big expenses and have hardly been able to buy anything for myself (oh no, first world problems). Our unplanned bathroom reno is about to start and that really should be it. I've had to foot the largest share of the expenses just because the wife's income is pretty fixed and cost of living expenses have really eaten into it and I'm lucky that I work a job that I have the opportunity to do plenty of overtime.

With the backstory out of the way I usually have to soften the missus up a bit before I do anything like build a new PC but for the first time ever I've received the "it's fine, you've worked hard and earned it". What she doesn't realise is she has green lit some upsells where I'd usually internally talk myself out of. Sooo ... What's a 5090 going to cost? 😆

Rough last 18 months with unexpected big expenses and have hardly been able to buy anything for myself (oh no, first world problems). Our unplanned bathroom reno is about to start and that really should be it. I've had to foot the largest share of the expenses just because the wife's income is pretty fixed and cost of living expenses have really eaten into it and I'm lucky that I work a job that I have the opportunity to do plenty of overtime.

With the backstory out of the way I usually have to soften the missus up a bit before I do anything like build a new PC but for the first time ever I've received the "it's fine, you've worked hard and earned it". What she doesn't realise is she has green lit some upsells where I'd usually internally talk myself out of. Sooo ... What's a 5090 going to cost? 😆
About the same as the bathroom Reno 😂

Bit weird they're forcing the change when the new app is still in beta.

I assume the new app will be out of beta when that happens. I didn't even realise it was still in beta. I got it as soon as it became available and it was a little bare bones but now it's fully featured and just assumed it was v1.0 by now.

I assume the new app will be out of beta when that happens. I didn't even realise it was still in beta. I got it as soon as it became available and it was a little bare bones but now it's fully featured and just assumed it was v1.0 by now.
I just went by the article (I'm assuming that last part is meant to be "exits the beta phase"):

As for the GeForce Experience, the green team has announced that it will migrate all the remaining users from it to the NVIDIA App before the end of 2024. This means that GeForce Experience will cease to exist before the NVIDIA App exists in the beta phase.

I'll just move when they make me, what's a couple of months haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone actually use GeForce Experience? I have never found a use for it outside of checking if there are new driver updates.

Driver updates, FPS counter for non-Steam games and clip recording. Agree that those things aren't really a big deal but it's just a nice to have and GE was poo. It wouldn't always work or detect games and just generally felt half finished. The improvement of the new app over GE now are things like built in driver roll back, the ability to tweak hardware level settings per game that normally you had to go through the NVIDIA CP to access and they've also rolled in a bunch of the display filter stuff but I don't think it's as fully featured as Reshade (maybe that's a future addition). You also don't need an NVIDIA account to use it anymore.

I like how it would optimise games.

Could I don't better myself? Probably. But not with the click of a single button so 🤷‍♂️

If I have any game that I can't get away with just setting at max I'll usually let GE (or now the "NVIDIA app") auto optimise and I'll use that as a baseline and tweak from there until I'm happy. I usually end up within a few setting differences from "optimisation" guides from Youtube or other communities. I think it's a neat little feature too even if you need a little understanding when to ignore it. Like right now as I look at Cyberpunk recommended settings it's telling me to switch on DLSS to balanced and set ray tracing to psycho as well as turning on Ray Reconstruction and Path Tracing 😆. I know I've got a 4080 but it doesn't mean I want to run at 20fps lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back