2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to find a way to have Voss in the side. Is there any potential for him to add a second position to his repertoire? Maybe build up his tank and play some time as a tall wing.
He's already super fit and good over distance. He has the ability to cover a ton of ground is which is his best asset but he's not overly quick at short sprints. Essendon supporters said he came in their top 7 in some of the 2km running trials in the preseason before he went to freo.

Bo Allan is clearly an AFL player, definitely happy to pick him up with the latest 1st. That's some nice pace for that size and he has also some nice aggression about him.

How do we get Simpson more of the ball? Feels like you saee him at a lot of contests and it just doesn't get out to him. Good things always happen when does get it though.

Sign Voss up for fours years now. There is no way we find better depth anywhere else and still young as well...
Needs to build an afl body. He hesitates at times preferring to be second to the ball. He has had some good tackle counts in many games. It will come with confidence and a stronger body. Also likely needs to improve his endurance to be able to spread from contests.

I posted a few weeks ago that Cooper needs to take the positives of Emmett and Emmett needs to take the positives of Cooper.

Emmett played well today.

Voss is in this week, you’d imagine. Darcy out with concussion.
Can’t see Jl playing Reidy, at all, this season.
To get the most out of Voss we need to start training him in the ruck position. Especially since Darcy is injury prone (tonight is an exception).

I wonder if WC trade down for him like Ginbey
They can’t afford to trade down. Ginbey and Hewitt are solid but not in the same league as Sheezel, Horne-Francis and Harley Reid. What they can do though is trade up like they failed to do successfully last year with Dan Curtin. Maybe they can back themselves in to improve in 2025 and trade F1 for 12 and something else.

That of course would play very nicely into our hands for direct passage to trade for Warner in 2025.

Bo will be right in the sweet range for our picks I reckon.

I favour trading one of the later firsts and also the St Kilda 2nd along with a F2 for two additional firsts in 2025. Keep the other two which will hopefully be in the 8-13 range.

AFL is bringing in multiple years of future trading, so no point trading our picks forward

Only reason would be room on the list but I'm sure that'll sort itself out like it does every year (surprise trade/delist)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL is bringing in multiple years of future trading, so no point trading our picks forward

Only reason would be room on the list but I'm sure that'll sort itself out like it does every year (surprise trade/delist)
The advocates here want one or two moved forward because we don't want first rounders stuck at Peel.

Yeah I agree. Plus this years draft has some really good depth and class in the projected top 25 picks and that might not be the case next season.

Quite dangerous trading so far into the future. I’d prefer we use our picks now to trade 1-2 extra into 2025. In saying that I think we can keep a couple of first round picks for 2024 and still be in a position to improve our 2025 draft hand.

I know the NBA does it for about 7 years in advance but that is a system entirely different. Many clubs just don’t rate the draft at all and free agency is massive.

Here’s how they fared.
Will Brodie: Led all comers with 34 disposals in another huge performance. Defensive efforts were sufficient rather than standout.
Hugh Davies: Took several intercept marks in one of the best games of his young career. Has returned from a brief stint in the senior side a more confident player.
Tom Emmett: One of his side’s strongest performers. Set the tone with the first two goals of the game and was busy across the half-forward line thereafter.
Neil Erasmus: Continued his solid season with a 30-disposal, six-tackle outing. Kicking efficiency has improved over the course of the year.
Ethan Hughes: Another solid showing, taking 13 marks. Playing a vital leadership role in a side putting together a strong season despite a young defence.
Nathan O’Driscoll: Excellent on return from a nagging knee issue. Did his job on the wing and managed to come up with three goals, including a trademark drop punt from deep in the pocket late in the day.
Liam Reidy: Dominated a pair of young ruckmen, finishing with 38 hit-outs.

Cooper Simpson: Not hugely influential but did some good things, including a brilliant finish for a third-term goal.
Ethan Stanley: Put in a typically hard-running day on the wing.
Matt Taberner: Best showing in some time. Slotted four goals, his most in a WAFL game since 2017.
Pat Voss: Another brilliant performance, booting six goals while working up the ground and gathering 19 disposals. Plenty of competition in his role but is building an irresistible case for senior selection.
Karl Worner: Has had better days but was far from his side’s worst.

Tabs just saw the Essendon are coming up...

Licking Jackie Chan GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back