2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok. Good work by the West then for once but I appreciate anyone sharing info on our games anyway. I know you watch a fair bit of WAFL. What were your thoughts?
Went to the game and West write up was pretty spot on Vossy and Davies were standouts
Brodie and Ras as usual get a stack of the ball at this level,Emmet continues to improve as does Milky

I can't remember back then

I don't remember it either, although I've heard about it, and it came up again recently after the death of the SD coach John Todd. Some clips of it are on youtube. BT, wowee, is wearing no 21 for Richmond off with a knee injury. Michael Roach kicked 10 goals after coming on in the 3rd quarter.

Last edited:

I don't remember it either, although I've heard about it, and it came up again recently after the death of the SD coach John Todd. Some clips of it are on youtube. BT, wowee, is wearing no 21 for Richmond off with a knee injury. Michael Roach kicked 10 goals after coming on in the 3rd quarter.

After the National Footy body stuffed the Ducks around with the midweek fixturing, Toddy brought over a “Reserves” team.

After the National Footy body stuffed the Ducks around with the midweek fixturing, Toddy brought over a “Reserves” team.

Yes I was just watching it on youtube.

Murray Rance was the only one I saw from their 1982 premiership team, although there's a few other players who played in that game against Richmond who also played in later grand finals. A 17yo Peter Sartori, Peter Hodyl, Peter Ware, Mike Smith and Brent Hutton.

Gerard Neesham is in the coach's box beside John Todd, but for whatever reason, perhaps injury or suspension, he didn't play in their 1982 premiership. (Edit: Gerard is listed as a Sydney Swans player and played 9 games for them in 1982 so it seems strange that he would be at that match in Melbourne, other than he was not playing VFL games mid-season (June 22) because of injury, but reading up a bit on the Swans history, as 1982 was the first year of their move away from South Melbourne, it seems the Swans players lived in Melbourne and flew up to Sydney to play their "home" games.)

Richmond who were runners-up to Carlton that year also have at least half of their best side out.

Last edited:
Draper belongs in afl.
Don't drag him away while he is responding so well to seniors
To be Honest Both Draper and Davies have surpassed my expectations. Both of them are tall but Skinny. One of them is 20 years old, the other is only 19. I didnt expect either of them to get AFL games this season if Cox and Alex Pearce played all 23 games this season.

Saying that, I hoped at the start of the season both would get a game each. One bloke has played 10 games due to Brennan Cox Being injured. The other got a debut game vs the suns in WA and another game the week after in the SCG vs the swans due to solid form in the WAFL.

Yep, it was a huge **** you to the VFL who changed the fixture twice to suit themselves.

Toddy was an absolute legend and as a Swans supporter I was right behind him when he did it.

We did get an awful hiding though :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Will Brodie out?. Did he travel to Tassie?

Yeah was surprised Walker is lining up for Peel, thought he would be straight back in. Must be easing him back from his shoulder and don't want him to go to tassie while nursing it.

Also Delean demoted to the ressies.

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back