2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not one to single out umpires but no. 31 with the man bun has something against Peel. Been watching him closely.

Pointers from the game today:
  • Decent debut from Odin today kicking 2 goals. His follow-up work and strength on display. I think he has a lot of potential so hopefully he keeps his spot.
  • Simpson shows glimpses of brilliance but then disappears. Will benefit from a big preseason
  • Wallzy found another hidden gem in Knobel. The kid is going to be a very good ruckman. How was that goal from outside 50?
  • Worner was very dependable down back today. Was quite evasive and accurate with his kicking. Would be a great replacement for Chapman if he moves to the midfield.

Pointers from the game today:
  • Decent debut from Odin today kicking 2 goals. His follow-up work and strength on display. I think he has a lot of potential so hopefully he keeps his spot.
  • Simpson shows glimpses of brilliance but then disappears. Will benefit from a big preseason
  • Wallzy found another hidden gem in Knobel. The kid is going to be a very good ruckman. How was that goal from outside 50?
  • Worner was very dependable down back today. Was quite evasive and accurate with his kicking. Would be a great replacement for Chapman if he moves to the midfield.

I don’t know if a ruck drafted in the 40s is a hidden gem tbh. Pretty standard draft range for rucks unless they’re an athletic freak like Jackson.

I'm not one to single out umpires but no. 31 with the man bun has something against Peel. Been watching him closely.
I counted one free kick paid to Peel by the man bun. And that was late in the game in junk time. There are virtually never umpiring conspiracies; but in a town where 80% of the umpires are Eagles fans, if they have a side, it doesn't take too many weeks to go by before you run into one that is happy to indulge their prejudices against the Dockers in the form of Peel.

It's not why they lost of course, but his work was getting pretty blatant. Ironically in the end the worst decision (against Hughes HTB) was not paid by him. If it was doubtless it would have been 50 too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I counted one free kick paid to Peel by the man bun. And that was late in the game in junk time. There are virtually never umpiring conspiracies; but in a town where 80% of the umpires are Eagles fans, if they have a side, it doesn't take too many weeks to go by before you run into one that is happy to indulge their prejudices against the Dockers in the form of Peel.

It's not why they lost of course, but his work was getting pretty blatant. Ironically in the end the worst decision (against Hughes HTB) was not paid by him. If it was doubtless it would have been 50 too.
Dude saw high tackle on the boundary and raised his whistle to just put it away. Did the same thing a bunch of other times. Also was the one to give away the 50m penalties against Peel.

Dude saw high tackle on the boundary and raised his whistle to just put it away. Did the same thing a bunch of other times. Also was the one to give away the 50m penalties against Peel.
Yep that one stuck in the mind. Tregenza had his head taken off; ostentatious no whistle. I think was in the same passage that Simpson was held by the arm inside the forward 50 right in front of him: Play on. I mean he got jerked backwards by the hold. Ump must believe his ability to stage includes being able to personally overcome Newton's first law of motion.

Now I've slept on it and put man bun out of my mind:

Simpson: Pretty good in the second half. Very good once moved on ball in the last quarter. I was actually thinking to myself "Have we got too excited about this boy?" earlier in the match but that last quarter had my imposter syndrome back down under control.

Davies: Excellent defensively and intercepting, distribution ahem, not so good on occasion.

Knoble: We have something here. Raw as and miles off his final weight but still got +25 hitouts on East Freos ruck who must be close to the tallest in the WAFL (As an aside he actually looked a pretty good player, Blankison, for someone who has only played 8 league games by the age of 26. Weakness must be his actual ruckwork.)

Emmett: Worked hard but didn't get near it much.

Stanley: Not an easy day to be an outside mid for Peel with the ball getting walked out of the contest by East Freo. Got a bit of it and used it well. Starting to become concerned however maybe his core strength and agility is not AFL standard and maybe I need to go back and delete some posts.

Worner and Hughes: Both had good games, given plenty of opportunity to shine in the first 3.5 quarters too.

Dris: I suppose it's a good sign he still managed 18 touches despite not being involved for long periods. Got a few clearances too from memory.

Walker: Rubbish

Jones: Kicked two but gave away 5 free kicks and has a very WAFLly air about him.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back