2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_1061.JPG
Can’t find the Brodie thread, so posting here.
Don’t normally just go on numbers, but wasn’t considered with Fyfe out, served up 38 and tossed aside again
Took Erasmus instead and spat him out in a week
JL has favourites - yes he does

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

View attachment 2072541
Don’t normally just go on numbers, but wasn’t considered with Fyfe out, served up 38 and tossed aside again

Think he was definitely considered vs Erasmus

it was a lineball call, both have put up similar numbers in the WAFL

Think he was definitely considered vs Erasmus

it was a lineball call, both have put up similar numbers in the WAFL
Im a Raz fan and a Brodie fan, but why bring him in just to sub him off and leave Emmett on the field when he had 1 touch in 3qtrs of footy, should of just left him in WAFL for a full game instead of playing with his form

Im a Raz fan and a Brodie fan, but why bring him in just to sub him off and leave Emmett on the field when he had 1 touch in 3qtrs of footy, should of just left him in WAFL for a full game instead of playing with his form

Should’ve subbed out Emmett.

There wasn’t all that much wrong with Erasmus. Yes he made mistakes and yes he wasn’t as good as Fyfe or Johnson but he’s behind them for a reason. Was playing okay at worst and subbing him out weakened the midfield where it all went wrong in the last quarter.

And Brodie is also behind him for a reason.

View attachment 2072541

He got numbers like this when playing GC reserves but couldn’t get a game at GCS.

Should’ve subbed out Emmett.

There wasn’t all that much wrong with Erasmus. Yes he made mistakes and yes he wasn’t as good as Fyfe or Johnson but he’s behind them for a reason. Was playing okay at worst and subbing him out weakened the midfield where it all went wrong in the last quarter.

And Brodie is also behind him for a reason.
Exactly, we could of just dropped switta back to the pocket and rotated him and Raz, will never know what goes through JLs head sometimes, but that decision definatly cost us the game I think

Brodie has to be gone right? Would explain giving the position to Reid? Just can't explain why we haven't played him this season.

Brodie has to be gone right? Would explain giving the position to Reid? Just can't explain why we haven't played him this season.
Seems likely doesn’t it, in preseason he was going 1:1 with Fyfe through all the match sims, seems like the perfect replacement for him but gets overlooked, papers stamped at season end you’d think.

On a par with lachie, Hogan and acres cutting it up for other sides. Will be a bad look over looking Will.

Not including lob or that little ****wit that went to st kilda as they couldn't wait to remove themselves.

I think he’s been inferior to Erasmus enough weeks that Erasmus has kept his nose ahead tbh. Erasmus being younger probably helps too.

Brodie been better some weeks but a pecking order isn’t established over one or two weeks - he’s got to show he’s better than Erasmus consistently and be ahead when the opportunity comes up, which tbf hasn’t happened often.

I think he’s been inferior to Erasmus enough weeks that Erasmus has kept his nose ahead tbh. Erasmus being younger probably helps too.

Brodie been better some weeks but a pecking order isn’t established over one or two weeks - he’s got to show he’s better than Erasmus consistently and be ahead when the opportunity comes up, which tbf hasn’t happened often.
Agreed - Erasmus has been better over a longer period of time. Also has age on his side, played earlier in the season and has elite endurance. He needs to continue to muscle and bulk up. I agree that it was strange decision to sub him out. It seemed pre-determined and based on Emmett’s invisibility- the coach made the wrong call. I’m not surprised he is omitted. Fyfe and Johnson are ahead of him.

Brodie’s endurance just isn’t up to AFL std. He has shown ability accumulate possessions at will (pardon the pun) in the second tier competitions. Also collects a decent amount of the pill at AFL but he isn’t accountable and lacks ability to spread from contests. There are many games though I felt he could be a handy Sub option.

Watching both play in the WAFL, although both find alot of ball, especially from stoppages, they do not move the ball out of the stoppages in the same way the coaches want.
My take is that they are picking up the ball and either dump kicking or bullocking it out, same way as Fyfe used to. That does not appear to work at AFL level as the opposition has figured how to stop this sort of play. Hence why Fyfe used to get caught much of the time and why he has now changed the way he uses the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a par with lachie, Hogan and acres cutting it up for other sides. Will be a bad look over looking Will.

Not including lob or that little ****wit that went to st kilda as they couldn't wait to remove themselves.
our midfield is on track to smash the record for clearance differential, be serious please

Watching both play in the WAFL, although both find alot of ball, especially from stoppages, they do not move the ball out of the stoppages in the same way the coaches want.
My take is that they are picking up the ball and either dump kicking or bullocking it out, same way as Fyfe used to. That does not appear to work at AFL level as the opposition has figured how to stop this sort of play. Hence why Fyfe used to get caught much of the time and why he has now changed the way he uses the ball.
Good observation. I also feel Fyfe has changed role from past where he is a lot more accountable. Missed that on the weekend, where a well coached and structured Essendon centre clearance team got out easily many times.

I watched Erasmus and he was certainly trying to be accountable but a bit slow to move to right spots. At WAFL he has good connection with Reidy. Brody digs in and gets the ball but with little regard for whom he may be matched up on.

It seems pretty clear that we will try to offload Brody but expecting anything in a trade would be naive. It will be a salary dump / goodwill trade. He perhaps could be an option to delist to Rookie if no trade interest and we can rookie list or someone can select as delisted FA. Lifetime free agency won’t matter.

1723184896934.png

Note that AFL emergencies are not listed, so NOD, Tabs, Erasmus to come into this side.

By my count there are 11 Freo players there currently, so at least two (I think?) would need to come out. They would probably be the two on the bench, Delean and Knobel.

Peel have a ridiculous AFL level midfield this week.

View attachment 2073029

Note that AFL emergencies are not listed, so NOD, Tabs, Erasmus to come into this side.

By my count there are 11 Freo players there currently, so at least two (I think?) would need to come out. They would probably be the two on the bench, Delean and Knobel.

Peel have a ridiculous AFL level midfield this week.
Hiding Allen in the back pocket?

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 4.34.20 pm.png
Taberner as the holdover emergency when both games start at the same time basically. If you didn't know before that there's dodginess going on with the Sean Darcy stuff...

Also good to see Delean re-earn his spot in the WAFL seniors notwithstanding questionable accuracy.

View attachment 2073137
Taberner as the holdover emergency when both games start at the same time basically. If you didn't know before that there's dodginess going on with the Sean Darcy stuff...

Also good to see Delean re-earn his spot in the WAFL seniors notwithstanding questionable accuracy.
Is it just me and Paracleet that thinks Knobel could be special? Surely with no Tabs or Voss THIS is the game to just plonk him forward? Anythings better than doing cardio for reserves...

Last edited:
It's just me and Paracleet that thinks Knobel could be special right? Surely with no Tabs or Voss THIS is the game to just plonk him forward? Anythings better than doing cardio for reserves...
You can lay off the gun predictions for a while. You still owe us a Stanely AA blazer IIRC.

It's just me and Paracleet that thinks Knobel could be special right? Surely with no Tabs or Voss THIS is the game to just plonk him forward? Anythings better than doing cardio for reserves...
We've literally got a Norse God in attack, what more would you need (plus Sebit) :triumph:.

Definitely a weird one that's made even weirder because Tregenza's been booted to reserves in recent weeks too. As for Knobel, he's definitely good enough that I'd be annoyed if he leaves for opportunity. It'd be in his best interests, but at best the recruiters would be rewarded with picking up that talent by getting refunded a third rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back