2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Where did Ras finish. I think he was 16 votes. Winners 19. Think Eastland passed him in the last round too.
Equal fifth or sixth on 16 votes, he was pretty close and his four AFL games could have made a difference but who knows. Good on him though, great effort and should give him confidence to build on his game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't a 60 point loss. Just looking at Aish's 3 WAFL games. The only loss was the East Perth game in Rd 21. Other 2 games were wins against South and Swans. I'd say it was the win against Swans where he got those votes.
Graphics on the screen had the wrong game/score up then (there were flaws all night, Jai Colley (Culley) popped up all night long

makes more sense then, I didn't remember that loss tbh

I wonder if, in the eyes of certain Freo fans, the Sandover Medal has now become irrelevant because inconveniently the wrong Docker was close to winning it (and probably wins it if he plays full season WAFL).

For the record it shouldn't really matter that much either way because WAFL and AFL midfield play is a different ball game, but dear God if Brodie won it there would be an onslaught. More so on other social media in all fairness, this place isn't too bad in terms of Brodie overrating.

I wonder if, in the eyes of certain Freo fans, the Sandover Medal has now become irrelevant because inconveniently the wrong Docker was close to winning it (and probably wins it if he plays full season WAFL).

For the record it shouldn't really matter that much either way because WAFL and AFL midfield play is a different ball game, but dear God if Brodie won it there would be an onslaught. More so on other social media in all fairness, this place isn't too bad in terms of Brodie overrating.

A think a few times Brodie got higher number that Erasmus when they both played but Erasmus was usually the one that had more influence on the game.

Erasmus wins his share of the clearances, he might be the receiver a lot of the time from Brodie. I think he catches the umpires attention more because he's a link player. Just finds space to receive the kick and moves the ball on and will often pop up a 2nd time in the same chain. Kind of like...and this is a real throwback...Peter Featherby.

Last edited:
Now be honest when you answer this. Did anyone have either of the winners in their top 5 chances?

I heard Hasleby pick Rokahr this afternoon so I knew he'd be in the mix. I've only seen Swans a couple of times vs Peel.

Have to look back over the voting to see which player polled in the most games as it seemed like Rokahr was picking up quite a few 2's and 1's.

No. The one I'm thinking of was 2016. Subi were reigning premiers and finished 1st again. They used to dominate from the money they made with AFL still being played at Subi.

Peel sneaked into the finals, but then stacked their side with AFL players. First flag for Peel.

Blakely had 38 and won the Simpson. Mzungu had 31. DeBoer 30. Langdon 39. Clarke and Griffin in ruck. 90 hitouts. Tucker. Clancee. Amazing WAFL midfield.

Yarran kicked 5 for Peel after kicking 5 for Subi in the GF the year before.
A real tragedy with Shane Yarran. He was such a talent but plagued by personal demons.

He could have been anything.

RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back