2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Then they screw up the night by inducting Nesbitt fresh after finally giving him the aaarghs from WC.

Readings: "a man I have a lot of respect for"

F- awful speech too. Everyone else was humble, Nesbitt still speaking like he's El Presidente of WA Football.
I think that he had a lot to do with decisions were made by the WAFC.
He was more than just the head of the Yellas.... sadly.
He had power, probably still does.

No. The one I'm thinking of was 2016. Subi were reigning premiers and finished 1st again. They used to dominate from the money they made with AFL still being played at Subi.

Peel sneaked into the finals, but then stacked their side with AFL players. First flag for Peel.

Blakely had 38 and won the Simpson. Mzungu had 31. DeBoer 30. Langdon 39. Clarke and Griffin in ruck. 90 hitouts. Tucker. Clancee. Amazing WAFL midfield.

Yarran kicked 5 for Peel after kicking 5 for Subi in the GF the year before.
Man Yarran was incredible that game. Knocked out in the last quarter too.
Could’ve been anything

Erasmus nor Brodie didn’t win the Sandover, but a tie between England and Rokahr. Nah that’s not it
Rokahr had a very good season with Swans (600 possessions from 20 games). Didn’t see enough of Claremont to make too many comments on England.

Erasmus would have missed a few games. Played 4 AFL (some before WAFL season started), was emergency a couple of times (travelling emergency that is) and had a concussion.

England and Rokahr played 18 games
Erasmus played 13 (one of those he was concussed in the opening bounce so played 12 really).
Brodie played 16 games.

So Erasmus played 6 games less than the tied winners.

And people want us to trade him.
I don't think this is mic drop you think it is. Matt De Boer for instance finished second in the sandover in 2016 from just 12 games in a 20 game WAFL season. He then went back to AFL level and played on as a flanker and stoppage blocker. There is light years between WAFL and AFL inside midfields.
It's encouraging Ras has done as well as he has, but it is definitely not a marker he is certain to make it.

I don't think this is mic drop you think it is. Matt De Boer for instance finished second in the sandover in 2016 from just 12 games in a 20 game WAFL season. He then went back to AFL level and played on as a flanker and stoppage blocker. There is light years between WAFL and AFL inside midfields.
It's encouraging Ras has done as well as he has, but it is definitely not a marker he is certain to make it.
And de Boer went on to play another 85 games and was a 200 game player over his career.

Delisting him was a mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And people want us to trade him.
And some still do. I am not one of them , because I think he has it, but just needs to be more emphatic about the way he plays at AFL level.He seems hesitant.
And I noticed someone raised the De Boer issue and how we should not have traded him. I guess it was a toss up as to whether we keep him or Suban.A case could easily have been made to keep one or the other.
Personally, I was happy that we stuck with Suban. But was totally in Deboers corner to play well at GWS, as he did.

And de Boer went on to play another 85 games and was a 200 game player over his career.

Delisting him was a mistake.

No it wasn’t. He found a role as a genuine role player in a more talented team. We needed to move players like him aside to develop youngsters in his position.

Every club in the competition would delist a 26 year old that played four games for the year. If we were in the same position we’d do it again even with the hindsight of him playing another 85 games.

No it wasn’t. He found a role as a genuine role player in a more talented team. We needed to move players like him aside to develop youngsters in his position.

Every club in the competition would delist a 26 year old that played four games for the year. If we were in the same position we’d do it again even with the hindsight of him playing another 85 games.
But the role he played was a role that he played here too pretty much, and a role that earned him a mention in Nat Fyfe's Brownlow speech. Did he play 4 games because he wasn't good enough or because of other, "club politics" type reasons?

And we didn't end up using delisting him to develop younger mids really. In the 3 Ross Lyon years following that delisting, midfield time largely went to Neale, Fyfe, Mundy, Walters being transitioned there, bringing over Conca, in 2017 Stephen Hill went inside a bit. Tucker and Blakely at times got shots but weren't really prioritised, and even Cerra and Brayshaw largely played other positions.

This is what was most frustrating about that era. We made moves like delisting a useful role player in Matt de Boer which you'd think would signal being all in on the rebuild, only to bring over Conca a couple years later to do basically the same job.

But the role he played was a role that he played here too pretty much, and a role that earned him a mention in Nat Fyfe's Brownlow speech. Did he play 4 games because he wasn't good enough or because of other, "club politics" type reasons?

And we didn't end up using delisting him to develop younger mids really. In the 3 Ross Lyon years following that delisting, midfield time largely went to Neale, Fyfe, Mundy, Walters being transitioned there, bringing over Conca, in 2017 Stephen Hill went inside a bit. Tucker and Blakely at times got shots but weren't really prioritised, and even Cerra and Brayshaw largely played other positions.

This is what was most frustrating about that era. We made moves like delisting a useful role player in Matt de Boer which you'd think would signal being all in on the rebuild, only to bring over Conca a couple years later to do basically the same job.
De Boer and Barlow were the real head scratchers for me, made absolutely no sense whatsoever

Last edited:
De Boer and Barlow were the real head scratchers for me, made absolutely no sense whatsoever
They were also hard workers and good around the club. You keep a few of those and recon cutting them first probably brought on the yearly player movement since everyone was now in it for themselves.

You don’t make diamonds without pressure though so no regrets on what we are becoming even if it is taking longer.

Reidy droped three pack marks he cleary got first hands too, apart from that his contest at the ruck work was good and i would say he broke even with Eastland
If he is going to make AFL level he needs to improve his marking around the ground (end of the day is he is no Meek) and i strongly agree with the other posters Knobel looks more the more natural footballer and has heaps of improvement in him, needs to play as Peel`s first ruckman next year
Rumour has Eastland had a broken hand playing against Peel. So reidy should have dominated

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back