2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't X
But it seems there ain't nothing on insta but him in the background. Probably our best 2nds player...with ?? On him staying...

Last edited:
the first insta post, of Ras celebrating. NOD is in the photo and tagged. None of him individually but he also didn't kick a goal, so theres no individual celebratings worth capturing for him.

That second one was the one I was looking for. Odd.

A slow start but blew the Swannies away as the game progressed.
As has been said, Raz and Noddy, steps ahead of the rest.
Simpson looks good, but needs to become more invloved.
I think the umpires worked on a three to one quota for Peel. Don't pay three then pay one. Shocking display.

A slow start but blew the Swannies away as the game progressed.
As has been said, Raz and Noddy, steps ahead of the rest.
Simpson looks good, but needs to become more invloved.
I think the umpires worked on a three to one quota for Peel. Don't pay three then pay one. Shocking display.
Thought Simpson was pretty average actually. Toss of the coin on either him or Stanley to be dropped for Will Brodie. I realise we only 11/12 Freo listed players today but both for mine have been average. Given Stanley has one foot out the door Cooper gets the nod.

Wilson > Colten
Brodie > Stanley

Emergencies: Stanley, Kolten, Knobel, Murphy

Think their backline functioned well. No room for Murphy.

The running team seems to work so no room for Knobel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Simpson was pretty average actually. Toss of the coin on either him or Stanley to be dropped for Will Brodie. I realise we only 11/12 Freo listed players today but both for mine have been average. Given Stanley has one foot out the door Cooper gets the nod.

Wilson > Colten
Brodie > Stanley

Emergencies: Stanley, Kolten, Knobel, Murphy

Think their backline functioned well. No room for Murphy.

The running team seems to work so no room for Knobel.
I thought he did what he had to do, but as I said he need to become more involved in games. Needs to go hunt the ball.
I thought Stanley started well, but drifted out of the game.
Maybe, Stanley, like Simpson, need more time at WAFL level, and another pre season.
I am wondering if the Dockers are looking at giving Noddy a try out as a centre bounce mid fielder. He played that role in our last game where he came on as the sub.He played there yesterday and did a power of work.
Erasmus was super impressive yesterday. He is maturing nicely and will be a big chance next season to do the purple.

I thought he did what he had to do, but as I said he need to become more involved in games. Needs to go hunt the ball.
I thought Stanley started well, but drifted out of the game.
Maybe, Stanley, like Simpson, need more time at WAFL level, and another pre season.
I am wondering if the Dockers are looking at giving Noddy a try out as a centre bounce mid fielder. He played that role in our last game where he came on as the sub.He played there yesterday and did a power of work.
Erasmus was super impressive yesterday. He is maturing nicely and will be a big chance next season to do the purple.
I think NOD is better bet in the guts than Johnson. He makes things happen and has impact around the ball

NOD is not a full time AFL inside midfielder and never will be. The fact that he is playing entire matches on ball now suggests to me there's a good chance he's gone. If he still plays mostly on ball with Brodie back I'll call it as near certain. (What should happen next is that Stanley should be dropped and Driz go to his wing. By all means lets him pinch hit on ball, but he should be playing primarily on the wing because that's his position)

NOD is not a full time AFL inside midfielder and never will be. The fact that he is playing entire matches on ball now suggests to me there's a good chance he's gone. If he still plays mostly on ball with Brodie back I'll call it as near certain. (What should happen next is that Stanley should be dropped and Driz go to his wing. By all means lets him pinch hit on ball, but he should be playing primarily on the wing because that's his position)
I certainly hope that isn't right. It may also mean that we have identified that we lack a dynamic inside midfielder to run through there at the next level and he is being groomed to spend more time rotating through there and wing.

We do this with Peel players all the time. When Banfield was spending lots of time in the WAFL he'd play inside Mid then get picked as a forward.

I think you are reading into it too much.

I certainly hope that isn't right. It may also mean that we have identified that we lack a dynamic inside midfielder to run through there at the next level and he is being groomed to spend more time rotating through there and wing.
He attended 6 CBA's against GWS in his first game back after being subbed in as an inside mid (for Fyfe) for 0 clearances. Against Port the next week he attended 0 CBA's. Although it looked to me like he was going inside at some stoppages it was while he was playing as a hhf?*
Anyway if it was a conscious experiment it was clearly abandoned immediately.

*I don't actually know this; I'm just going a 4 mid strength affected memory of the clearances driz won being from half forward line stoppages. Someone with a seat on the Northern wing and better tactical observational skills can set me straight.

We do this with Peel players all the time. When Banfield was spending lots of time in the WAFL he'd play inside Mid then get picked as a forward.

I think you are reading into it too much.
Maybe there are other examples but not Banfield. Bailey hasn't played as anything other than a forward at WAFL level since 2019.

He attended 6 CBA's against GWS in his first game back after being subbed in as an inside mid (for Fyfe) for 0 clearances. Against Port the next week he attended 0 CBA's. Although it looked to me like he was going inside at some stoppages it was while he was playing as a hhf?*
Anyway if it was a conscious experiment it was clearly abandoned immediately.

*I don't actually know this; I'm just going a 4 mid strength affected memory of the clearances driz won being from half forward line stoppages. Someone with a seat on the Northern wing and better tactical observational skills can set me straight.
Don't agree with any of this..

Joe Brierty said last week how NOD has added a string to his bow by playing as a tagger at WAFL level, and he said he played a run with role with Butters in the last game of AFL. I don't think any fans really notice this. He didn't start centre square but he went straight into that role. He also said they love his pace and his ability to get the ball from inside to outside. He said they absolutely see him as a required player and are having positive conversations with his manager, and hopefully they can formalize something soon.

In his earlier years he played half back, but the last couple years before he got drafted he played mainly inside mid at colts. Played both inside mid and wing for Perth in the league finals. But regardless, they see him as a mixture of inside/outside and him playing onball for peel has absolutely 0 correlation with him leaving

I am gob smacked that you can analyse that Noddy will be gone because he played on the ball for Peel.
Please explain the logic of it.
As was stated elsewhere, Noddy started as a HBF, I chatted a few years back to Longmuir after seing a training run before Noddy had played a game at top level. I asked if he was going to make his debut. Longmuir said we were telling him they want him to try out as a wing and for the mid. Sadly that weekend at Peel, he broke down.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back