Cars & Transportation Personalised Number Plates-The Good and the Abundance of bad

Remove this Banner Ad

I recently bought some custom plates myself and read the FAQs on the Vic Roads website.

They make it very clear that they have the right to reject any custom plate applications are are deemed offensive or a risk to security. That being the case, they must have some absolutely clueless people reviewing applications:

In some rare circumstances we may reject or recall plate combinations. We will only do this on occasions where we reasonably believe your plates:

* Could misrepresent an affiliation with an authoritative body or agency;
* Are likely to cause offensive to any person or group of people;
* Contain a known profanity (in any language);
* Have a sexual reference, or contravene public decency; or
* Send a negative message about safe driving or road safety.

If we mistakenly issue you with a plate that is later deemed unacceptable we will contact you and request that you return these plates to your nearest VicRoads office. We will gladly issue you with a refund, or exchange your plates for another set of equal value. If you decide to take the opportunity to upgrade your plate during this process, you’ll only pay the difference in price between your new plates and the recalled plates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the good ones are the subtle ones, like my dad has SA 8002 or something like that (dont recall the number exactly, but SA are his initials)

They make it very clear that they have the right to reject any custom plate applications are are deemed offensive or a risk to security. That being the case, they must have some absolutely clueless people reviewing applications

There would be plenty get past because the person processing it has no idea what it means. Hell, about half the plates posted in this thread get someone responding with "epic lulz", but I have no idea what they're supposed to mean (presumably being over the age of 22 puts me at a disadvantage here).

the good ones are the subtle ones, like my dad has SA 8002 or something like that (dont recall the number exactly, but SA are his initials)
my dad has CAR 263
car initials
2 (Feb) 63 (1963)
People who put their names on licence plates really give me the shits
grrr, and of course when my dad was getting his he baught me customised number plates with my name on it, :mad:, I didn't want plates, but insisted that if he must, to get one with my nickname

but nooooooooooo, he doesn't listen and he gets Jason1 :mad::thumbsdown:

when I get his car in a few months im going back to generic South Australian plates, and he can move his old plates to his new car

me and a few of my mates have an ungoing gag about plates;
with us traveling a fair bit via road we see our fair share... heres just a handfull;

17360_263735157779_622777779_4449966_2862862_n.jpg

22462_292122839831_780029831_4642991_4428483_n.jpg

22347_242849102266_520307266_3863451_1074071_n.jpg

12934_225181942779_622777779_4230431_369153_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Cars & Transportation Personalised Number Plates-The Good and the Abundance of bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back