Cars & Transportation Personalised Number Plates-The Good and the Abundance of bad

Remove this Banner Ad

People who have personalised number plates = w***ers.

I cringe everytime I see some clown driving a Holden with number plate "HSV211" or something.

This genius thought it would be a good idea to fork out $500 so he could tell the world that he drives a Holden.. just in case they missed the front and back badges.

Lets all individualise our cars with something generic.

Makes sense..

People who have personalised number plates = w***ers.

I cringe everytime I see some clown driving a Holden with number plate "HSV211" or something.

This genius thought it would be a good idea to fork out $500 so he could tell the world that he drives a Holden.. just in case they missed the front and back badges.

Lets all individualise our cars with something generic.

Makes sense..

So are all people with personalised plates w***ers, or just those that advertise what sort of car they drive?

Was walking home from the shops and counted no less than 12 cars drive past with these w***er badges.
Most of them were probably just people's names.
The ones that stood out: "FLOWYZ" and "THWIFE".

For my friends 18th she got a car for her birthday, so a bunch of us put in to get her some surprise plates which she herself was saving for. They ended up getting her name (or as close as they could get) on a pink background. The day before her party the legal studies teacher (a bunch of people in on the present and the girl receiving them were in that class) made a big deal about how girls who have cars with pink interiors and pink personalised number plates are easy targets for sexual predators. There were some awkward looks.

By the way I really hate personalised number plates.

Saw some chick getting around with TOOL 11 today....errr what?

maynard.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recently bought some custom plates myself and read the FAQs on the Vic Roads website.

They make it very clear that they have the right to reject any custom plate applications are are deemed offensive or a risk to security. That being the case, they must have some absolutely clueless people reviewing applications:

In some rare circumstances we may reject or recall plate combinations. We will only do this on occasions where we reasonably believe your plates:

* Could misrepresent an affiliation with an authoritative body or agency;
* Are likely to cause offensive to any person or group of people;
* Contain a known profanity (in any language);
* Have a sexual reference, or contravene public decency; or
* Send a negative message about safe driving or road safety.

If we mistakenly issue you with a plate that is later deemed unacceptable we will contact you and request that you return these plates to your nearest VicRoads office. We will gladly issue you with a refund, or exchange your plates for another set of equal value. If you decide to take the opportunity to upgrade your plate during this process, you’ll only pay the difference in price between your new plates and the recalled plates.

I bet VicRoads (and who ever) found this thread and are canceling plates as we speak.

There's a few that used to drive around my area awhile back 'WOG4LIFE' and 'PUREWOG' they were just terrible.

Theres another guy around my area whose got CBF..always good for a laugh cos its on a work ute.

However the other day saw a R35 Skyline with the number plates 'THE STIG' i thought that was pretty sweet

I've got a story of what must be deep regret in terms of getting a personilised plate.

I finished uni at the end of 08 completing a Bachelor of Education. One day I was walking through the car park of the University when we saw a car with the number plate TCHR-09.
We wern't sure if it was the case but we assumed that some sad individual from our course decided that they would get personilised plates to reflect the fact that they would be teaching in 09 (teacher 09).

Anyway after a week or so we saw who the car belonged to and it was indeed the car of a girl in our course. So after laughing a fair bit about how sad it was, we went on to graduate and get jobs and happily ever after...

A few months later we discovered that the girl who owned the the TCHR 09 car went for job interview after job interview but unfortunately for her the schools didn't see the romance in the whole thing and she didn't get a job. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard than we I found out that she missed out.

I have since been informed that she has missed out on a job for this year as well...

I've got a story of what must be deep regret in terms of getting a personilised plate.

I finished uni at the end of 08 completing a Bachelor of Education. One day I was walking through the car park of the University when we saw a car with the number plate TCHR-09.
We wern't sure if it was the case but we assumed that some sad individual from our course decided that they would get personilised plates to reflect the fact that they would be teaching in 09 (teacher 09).

Anyway after a week or so we saw who the car belonged to and it was indeed the car of a girl in our course. So after laughing a fair bit about how sad it was, we went on to graduate and get jobs and happily ever after...

A few months later we discovered that the girl who owned the the TCHR 09 car went for job interview after job interview but unfortunately for her the schools didn't see the romance in the whole thing and she didn't get a job. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard than we I found out that she missed out.

I have since been informed that she has missed out on a job for this year as well...

Noone on earth is that sad surely

Saw one in Adelaide recently.

BOWTOCS

...why? It's not funny, or smart, certainly didnt look cool. You have to wonder about some people.

Saw one in Adelaide recently.

BOWTOCS

...why? It's not funny, or smart, certainly didnt look cool. You have to wonder about some people.

I'm certain people just claim half of what's out there just becuase it's available and they think they are genius for being first to it.

Sad, sad mofos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cars & Transportation Personalised Number Plates-The Good and the Abundance of bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back