Peter Daicos v Stevie J

Daicos v Johnson

• Daicos

Votes: 89 65.4%
  • Johnson

Votes: 47 34.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This. I don't get what the deal is taking the best from today and comparing them with one of the best ever. Stevie J is a great player, one of the best of his era. But Daics is one of those "one of the best of all time" guys; why choose him for comparison? By not a Buckenara or Johnson? Champs of their era.
Agreed. Daicos was a freak. Johnson has Daicos tendencies, but Johnson's not quite that good. As an example, I saw Daicos ruin Carlton one day out at Waverley in the space of 3 kicks. Collingwood were getting beaten (I remember the game because Jamie Dunlop was the ruckman), 2 never to be seen again goals and by that stage they'd got their tails up and went on to win by 8 goals. And that was just one occasion, I'm sure if I jog the memory I'd come up with a dozen more.

Whatever player isn't on OP's team.

But what REALLY stands out is that he was a match winner.When the game was there to be won Daicos would weave his magic and turn the game.And he did it countless times.
Johnson as good as he is, is a front runner.Cannot recall EVER when the cats had a bad day Johnson did well. Sure he won a norm smith(beating Port by 100+ big deal)

Sit back and enjoy this video

Good one. I was pointing out that Johnson played well when the Cats were in trouble in the 2011 GF.

You ****in flog.

so why dont you come out and say so. Basically we should be comparing Johnson vs Stuart Dew..... they both played well when things were close in a grand final.

you obviously never saw Daicos play Dufus!!

so why dont you come out and say so. Basically we should be comparing Johnson vs Stuart Dew..... they both played well when things were close in a grand final.

you obviously never saw Daicos play Dufus!!
Yes, I'm the dufus.

Daics is one of my favourite ever players. One of those who was beyond partisanship; if you loved footy you loved him.

This goal:

You see inferior facsimiles regularly these days - because players watched Daics and practised trying to be like him - but this was a moment of improvised genius. When I saw this on the replay that night I literally stood up and shouted. It was unbelievable; unprecedented. No one did this before him. When it comes to bending the ball, there's BD and AD.

As much as I love Stevie, I don't think he could play a season permanently forward and kick over 90 goals. He might give 60 a nudge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson had a blinder last year after this thread was created and he appears to have gone on with that. Finished 3rd in the Brownlow from only the 16 H&A games.

If he keeps up this current form all season long and takes home a few more awards (perhaps Charlie), it's not ridiculous at all to suggest he's the equal of Peter Daicos.

You could make an argument that Daicos was the most skilled player of all time. Other than the consistency with which he kicked freak goals, the thing that most amazed me about watching his highlights clips is that he kicks almost as many miracle goals on his left boot as his right. I mean his non preferred was so good that he rarely had to pull out the signature bannana kick but when he did he never seemed to miss. The other thing to note was the fact he could pull out his party tricks in big games. The goal in the final v WC is the best goal I've ever seen and two he got in the GF were also ridiculous.

i would say it would be something like this

Daicos is Carey
Stevie J is J Brown.....

yeah nah??

and yes did you see the way i brought Carey into the argument..... special i know.....

BTW Daicos is a super bloke too!!

Didn't Daicos nearly crack the ton? Considering they're the same kind of player, Daicos gets my vote.

this is the most ridiculous thread EVER!!
Put this thread to bed.
Yes Johnson would be absolutely embarrassed no matter how good he thinks he is.

Obviously.. Daicos is better and this thread is embarrassing as hell being a Geelong supporter.
Only possible comparisons I can come up with are Yze, Farmer and Milne but they're all career forwards never did mid.

Chris Dawes > Nick Riewoldt

Completly differant Dawes is useless in general.Given that Riewoldt is a A+ player and Dawes a C being lucky enough to be in a premiership team doesnt change that. Steve J has been a NS medalist in one GF and basically was BOG in 2011.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Daicos v Stevie J

Back