Peter Faulks

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think Fremantle asked the Gold Coast to pre-list him with this "dibs" in mind?

I haven't been able to find a list of their pre-listings and although he hasn't come from complete obscurity, being in the VFL team of the year, there's twenty one other guys in his team and A. Krak.
I can't help but feel that we paid 5 places in the selection for our choice of any player other than the sandover medalist, that's a very nice deal.

He was VFL team of the year fullback this year which is great (mentioned earlier)

In 2009 Barlow was HF for the VLF team of the year and Silvagni was back pocket - just interesting to look at in terms of how they are rated :)

Ha yeah. I was was thinking the V's on our new kit might start taking on a different meaning if we keep this up.

Can I propose we nickname him Knifen?

That's a solid effort :thumbsu:

Lets hope this turns out a welcome boost to our tall defensive stocks ... considering our recruiting team's recent hot streak, I'm feeling good - also happy that he cost us the equivalent of a Twix and a bag of marbles

hahha yeah

especially when you take a look at our coaching staff :)

we do have a great bunch of WA guns on the list - watched the highlights for the hawks game earlier today

farrrrk morabito is good - rated him as high as any but now i see him even higher still - his pack-breaking ability is unreal and he's the 3rd heaviest player on our list excluding ruck-men which is staggering for an 18 year old who is quick already :)

As I think IP stated, you get him nice and early so he can improve his fitness base and start the development process. Just think of NSOS and that is almost your player, one of the best VFL defenders.

Your VFL recruiters have really been earning their pay checks recently and this could be another win. With a combination of good early round draft picks and some very solid rookie listings, the change from Cuddles to now is amazing.

Very happy with the pickup.

Something nice for Tarrant now.....
Maybe Schammer for J Griffen...

and it will be a nice trade week

Here's my conspiracy theory... ;)

Why, if he's so good, have GC pre-listed him, then traded him to us virtually for nothing???

Well.... Freo are going to refuse to trade with Collingwood for Taz if the Pies don't come to the table ready to deal properly... leaving the door open for GC to recruit Taz and bugger up the Pies plans. Freo get their young key defender, Pies get bugger all, and GC get the satisfaction of screwing over Collingwood in their very first trip to the trading table. :D

Wins all round. ;)
Sorry my dear, but Tarrant not playing is not a win for us. We either get something or nothing. Now he's being very professional and saying he will retire or go to the Pies. I thought there was a law against that but it make sense because he will go on their Veteran's list and get paid more.

So there is fine line between not getting stiffed and getting something. If Collingood won't play ball then they'll need to draft him like they did with Ball. It still cost them a second round draft pick. Assuming Tarrant will still be there at pick 50 what ever they will be kidding themselves.

The sensible thing would be for them to give us their compensation pick for Fraser.

Without getting ahead of myself and I posted something similar on the draft and trading board...

But honestly, the fundamental shift in our clubs recruitment and drafting since Harvey has been on board is unbelievable, almost brings a tear to the eye.

We're now handing over nothing for quality players and using our high picks on dedicated highly skillful youngsters.

All reports this guy is a ready made Silvangni and not a moment too soon, we could roll the dice on a 17 yo Key defender or better yet take a devleoped performing one free of charge.

I've also noticed that high performing backmen in the lower level football leagues seem to make the transition far easier than a forward.

almost?

it has honestly taken some getting used to, but after being in a crowd of 40 who got 4 hours of talks and Q and A with Mark Harvey, I expect [not hope] these shrewd decisions with our club to continue. Harves is King!.chris Bond is King and so are all the backup staff.Harves doesn't tolerate ego over team, there is no 'I" in team, and there are definately NO weaklings or squibbers.
The fact it is Thursday of trade week and there is still no result with the Taz trade, from what I'm seeing on this board, we have a plan B to being bent over. Good to see decisions being made that were never there in'95.
if we get anthony and a pick for Taz, so be it, we obviously are looking further than compensation for Tarrant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry my dear, but Tarrant not playing is not a win for us. We either get something or nothing. Now he's being very professional and saying he will retire or go to the Pies. I thought there was a law against that but it make sense because he will go on their Veteran's list and get paid more.

So there is fine line between not getting stiffed and getting something. If Collingood won't play ball then they'll need to draft him like they did with Ball. It still cost them a second round draft pick. Assuming Tarrant will still be there at pick 50 what ever they will be kidding themselves.

The sensible thing would be for them to give us their compensation pick for Fraser.

Sorry Ralphie - didn't put this in:

T-cheek.gif

:)

I have seen him a few times on tv throughout the year. Very impressive, he was dominating his opponents and providing very good rebound from defence. From what i have gathered from talking to a few people he never committed fully to his chance at the swans. He is only 21, and full time development on an AFL list you will see even more improvement. I think Silvangi has been great but Faulks as the potential to be a much better player. Very surprised that GC let him go. Well Done:thumbsu:

I really like the way we go about things these days. Its all been about tarrant and Clark in the media and meanwhile Freo quietly goes about securing what looks like a great deal under everybodiy's noses.

I'm surprised we nabbed him and for basically nothing too, given the extra attention on mature age players this year due to the success of Barlow/Silvagni. Fantastic, great work by the recruiting staff, exciting times.

Safe to say Peter has been a welcomed into the purple army. Welcome young man get used to Freeoo chants cos thats how we welcome our new recruits :)

Will be interesting to hear what it sounds like when he takes a screamer in the back line and the crowd yells faulk

I hope that Fremantle's interest in him last year was what inspired his 2010 year.
I'd hate for him to have been traded for and not feel comfortable coming to us, but I feel that if we've traded, then his manager and him have agreed to the deal and he's excited to be coming here.

You'd think he be totally stoked to have a geniune chance at AFl footy... And we NEED KP Defenders.

Reckon he resembles this guy a little...

Can just imagine Friday Night Footy next year......

Cometti: "Peter Faulks climbs the pa.... FAULK N ELL, what a grab!"

Crowd: ROOOAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!

Bruce: "Delicious"

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Faulks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back