Peter Rohde on 3aw Wednesday 07.10.09

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Peter Rohde on 3aw NOW

Hm. Interesting.

PA maybe should have listened to other clubs who told them to not deal with us, due to track record.

Yet the first deal in trade week went through 10 minutes after trade week started and involved the Hawks picking up Gibson? Who said they should not deal with us :)

hi guys the media can do all the spruking they like, fact of the matter is junior burger isnt really woth more than a pick 9 anyway because he wants to leave.

good on the hawks for holding their ground,rhode williams and co are spuds & only intrested in looking like they pushed a hard deal.

hawks should just tell them pick 9 or no deal you have 1 hour !!
hawthorne would be so much better off with jolly in your line up anyway.

good luck guys & f*** the media who gives a sh!t about what idiots say

How about Ports track record .. who have they traded with fairly?? Who have they successfully negotiated a win/win trade with?

hmm lets see:

Thomson for pick 42 - fair
Symes for pick 28 - fair
Two picks for Motlop - fair
a good pick for Lonie - fair
2 picks for Shattock - fair
Guerra for pick 39 - fair
M Stevens for Cochrane - fair
Two picks for Pickett - fair
Two picks for Hardwick - fair
pick 4 for Wakelin - fair
Cummings for Schofield - fair
French for pick 16 - fair

Maybe in your infinite wisdom you could inform us all on the supposed unfair trades that we have organised? :rolleyes:

hi guys the media can do all the spruking they like, fact of the matter is junior burger isnt really woth more than a pick 9 anyway because he wants to leave.

good on the hawks for holding their ground,rhode williams and co are spuds & only intrested in looking like they pushed a hard deal.

Cheers mate. Usually everyone joins in the Hawthorn bashing (and rightly so, we're a very unlikeable club these days), but fans from practically all other 14 clubs agree that Pick 9 + Fringe player is more than enough. Port are f***ing idiots. Look at West Coast. Yes they could have got more than what Carlton offered, but they realised the predicament they were in and took the deal that was offered. Now they have Chris Masten, Josh Kennedy and Tony Notte and a bright future. They would have ruined themselves if they let Judd walk for nothing. Same way that Port will ruin themselves if they keep believing that they're getting shafted.

Grow the f*** up Port...

Hang on hang on, Your an idiot. Fact is that hawks offered Port pick 9 and Brown, Brown declined. So how is it our fault exactly?

hehe you are a gun.

How can Port claim that we're difficult when we've offered SEVERAL fringe players including McGlynn (who has just come off the best season of his career, a few 30+ games and pulling didak's pants down) and pretty much every other uncontracted player we have?

"we should have listened to the others about not dealign with Hawthorn"

PICK NINE + A FRINGE for a very good player WHO DOESNT WANT TO BE THERE AND HAS JUST PLAYED THE WORST SEASON OF HIS CAREER AND IS OUT OF CONTRACT.

Struggling to see the unfairness there.

Now I tell you what WOULD be unfair:
Demanding a first round pick and one of the sides best youngsters (Lewis) for a very good out of contract player who has just played the worst season of his career.

That's my biased, hawthorn-centric view on preceedings.

If none of our contracted premiership players want to play for Port (which the club knew would be the case) then there is nothing more that we can offer.

The Brown offer was simply a test case to get the message across.

Rhode needs to wake up and do a deal now before it's too late.

Hang on hang on, Your an idiot. Fact is that hawks offered Port pick 9 and Brown, Brown declined. So how is it our fault exactly?

No you hang on einstein.

We may have suggested you talk to a number of players and if you can convince one to go to port then we can discuss a deal.

But that is quite different to saying we offered brown - he wasn't ours to give.

It's well worth a look at this article written by the gossip columnist Rucci, Read the replies to his article, I'll guarantee you that he wouldn't have believed his eyes when he read them. AT least 85 to 90% agreed that Browny did the right thing not going to PA.. I couldn't believe it!!:D At least we don't look like the big bad wolf over there..Which is a pleasant change!

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,26176676-12428,00.html

Hawks encourage PA to talk to Brown

This is the part that I very much doubt!!
Maybe they suggested to them they would have to talk to Browny, and see if he was interested in leaving us.. He said NO.. He wasn't..
What gets me is that idiot Rucci from Adelaide 5aa said that Brown was flying over there today to meet Williams and the club, now why in the hell would he tell them that if he was NOT interested in going there.. Total crap...

I believe it. I think it would have gone something like this:

Port: So, who can we ask for?
Hawks: Well, who do you want? Here's a list of those you shouldn't even bother thinking about to save you some time.
Port: Oh, I see Cambell Brown isnt' on this list. How about him?
Hawks (laughing): Sure, give him a call, see how it goes. Here, use my phone.

Port (on phone): Hi Cambell, this is the PA football club. How would you like to join us next year?
CB: *CENSORED*

good on ya browny. stick it up 'em. now port - its de ja vu to the nick stevens deal. but this time, you wont be so stupid and get nothing from your so-called BEST player.

its not really anyones fault from the clubs - we will never know the full story. but i intend on having a shot at some in the media, who have blown their credibility right out of the water.

firstly, mark robinson reporting the hawks lost interest, then changed the story when the TRUTH came out from pelchen 10 mins later.

secondly, brad hardie with his stupid comments on a WA talkback station prompted two clowns to post on here about campbell being traded, which was denied by kennett.

and finally, mr rucci. start typing your resume you di**head. no-one wants to read anything that has your name on it. your false reporting is the reason SEN was flooded with pissed off people.

sack these idiots, rucci once and for all.

onto the footy - seems port has no choice now. take whats on offer or get nothing. it appears some port supporters would rather nothing - hes gone, get over it, get something for him. pick 9 is a given, get a gun for it. your hard ball is not impressing anyone - its only pushing a case for free agency.

last chance port - your move.

pelchen - you are the man. keep it up and get us a ruckman too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes having a nice old time tonight is that unsuccessful bloke Peter Rohde. Each time ive heard him tonight hes given a nice swipe at us. Beat it ********.

Hes having a nice old time tonight is that unsuccessful bloke Peter Rohde. Each time ive heard him tonight hes given a nice swipe at us. Beat it ********.

1. We offer pick 9, not enough
2. We offer 9 and a few uncontracted players (e.g. Thorp, Tuck, Kennedy, Dowler, McGlynn etc) not enough
3. Port can't convince one of our contracted players to break his contract

What else can we give?

Rhode - you're starting to look like a perennial loser. If you can't get more than pick 9 for this deal you and your mate Chocco are gonna look stupid. Kiss your job goodbye if you let Burgoyne slip to the ND.

Don't blame us for the fact you want resources we don't have! No contracted players will agree to going to Port.

hmm lets see:

Thomson for pick 42 - fair
Symes for pick 28 - fair
Two picks for Motlop - fair
a good pick for Lonie - fair
2 picks for Shattock - fair
Guerra for pick 39 - fair
M Stevens for Cochrane - fair
Two picks for Pickett - fair
Two picks for Hardwick - fair
pick 4 for Wakelin - fair
Cummings for Schofield - fair
French for pick 16 - fair

Maybe in your infinite wisdom you could inform us all on the supposed unfair trades that we have organised? :rolleyes:

Ah, none of those players were high profile players. History of trading high profile players = Nick Steven for nothing - fair???

Ah, none of those players were high profile players. History of trading high profile players = Nick Steven for nothing - fair???

history of trading 'high profile' (or at the very least, good to very good) players:

Cummings for Schofield - fair trade all round
The Eagleton/Montgomery complex trade - fair trade all round
Wakelin for pick 4 - fair trade (over the odds actually)
Two picks for Pickett - not sure how Pickett wasnt 'high profile'
Two picks for Hardwick - again, was AA 12 months prior to the trade, very fair
Carr for three picks - We played hard ball a bit here and Freo came to the table.

You dont have a leg to stand on in this argument. All you have is Nick Stevens....And why did that deal not go through? Maybe because Collingwood offered us used tampons thanks to Nicks **** of a manager changing the rules at the 11th hour? Would you have accepted Mcgough (who was delisted 12 months later) and pick 35, which was their final offer? Most on this board have said they wouldnt even do Burgoyne for Lewis (a Stevens equivalent in age etc. just for arguments sake) in a straight swap....imagine us offering you Logan and pick 40 for him. Would you take it? Or would you tell us to **** off and tell him to have fun collecting wooden spoons?

Weve done our very best to accomodate players that have asked to be traded - Symes, Thomson, Morgan, Guerra, M Stevens, Pickett, Carr and N Stevens have all asked to be traded to either go home or for more opportunity elsewhere. Only the Nick trade hasnt gone through.

Its a different situation (so far) on two paths anyway. First off Burgoyne hasnt done the dirty like Nick did. Second of all at least you have come to the party and put a good pick on the table. You cant blame Port for asking/wanting a first 22 player to replace one of our top 2-3 players. Guys like Tuck etc. would be only negligible in our first 22 anyway.

Id be happy if I had any say in it to accept pick 9 and Thorp (I can understand why Port dont want him), Dowler (apparently he has not been offered) or Kennedy. Tuck & Mcglynn not so much.

Should have listened to other clubs saying not to deal with us?

It sounds like school yard bitching to me.

How very, very unprofessional.

Port Adelaide are a complete rabble of a club with no clue. The laughing stock of the AFL at the moment. For F***'s sake... Grow the f*** up!

history of trading 'high profile' (or at the very least, good to very good) players:

Most on this board have said they wouldnt even do Burgoyne for Lewis (a Stevens equivalent in age etc. just for arguments sake) in a straight swap....imagine us offering you Logan and pick 40 for him. Would you take it? Or would you tell us to **** off and tell him to have fun collecting wooden spoons?

Its a different situation (so far) on two paths anyway. First off Burgoyne hasnt done the dirty like Nick did. Second of all at least you have come to the party and put a good pick on the table. You cant blame Port for asking/wanting a first 22 player to replace one of our top 2-3 players. Guys like Tuck etc. would be only negligible in our first 22 anyway.

Id be happy if I had any say in it to accept pick 9 and Thorp (I can understand why Port dont want him), Dowler (apparently he has not been offered) or Kennedy. Tuck & Mcglynn not so much.

I don't think that there is as big a difference between Burgoyne and Lewis as there is between Pick 9 plus McGlynn and Logan and pick 40 so yeah, we would ask you to revise your offer. The market has not really being forth comming in providing superior offers to those made by the Hawks but offers of two first round draft picks for a midfielder is unheard of yet Port are apparently asking for that now that it is clear we can't agree on a player trade. That is flat out rediculous. Now it might end up being the deal but I can assure you it will only be the case if we can get another first round pick for Williams (as rumoured). Much fairer is a first and second round pick which funnily enough is probably equivilant to a first round pick and McGlynn/Kennedy. Port have stated this price is unrealistic but that is beacuse they are being difficult for no reason. No point asking for what you know the other team can't or won't supply. It just drags out the negotiations. :rolleyes:

Cummings for Schofield - fair trade all round
The Eagleton/Montgomery complex trade - fair trade all round
Wakelin for pick 4 - fair trade (over the odds actually)
Two picks for Pickett - not sure how Pickett wasnt 'high profile'
Two picks for Hardwick - again, was AA 12 months prior to the trade, very fair
Carr for three picks - We played hard ball a bit here and Freo came to the table.

You dont have a leg to stand on in this argument. All you have is Nick Stevens....And why did that deal not go through? Maybe because Collingwood offered us used tampons thanks to Nicks **** of a manager changing the rules at the 11th hour? Would you have accepted Mcgough (who was delisted 12 months later) and pick 35, which was their final offer? Most on this board have said they wouldnt even do Burgoyne for Lewis (a Stevens equivalent in age etc. just for arguments sake) in a straight swap....imagine us offering you Logan and pick 40 for him. Would you take it? Or would you tell us to **** off and tell him to have fun collecting wooden spoons?

Weve done our very best to accomodate players that have asked to be traded - Symes, Thomson, Morgan, Guerra, M Stevens, Pickett, Carr and N Stevens have all asked to be traded to either go home or for more opportunity elsewhere. Only the Nick trade hasnt gone through.

you know what you are right collingwoods offer for stevens was rubbish. However the difference is that there is a long way between Mcgough and pick 35 and pick 9.
PLus Stevens was coming off a far far better season than Burgoyne. Port are being unreasonable. Plus the way this looks to me is Port r just rubbish talking in the media to tap up a player they want that we patently never offered in Brown. Yes you want Brown but accept it that its never going to happen. Port are also in financial meltdown and cant afford to lose Burgoyne for nothing, if HFC where a.holes we would just offer nine and nothing and let you swing but we arent. So you tell me who is being unreasonable??

I wonder if it has entered their minds that maybe Hawthorn are a little frustrated with Port Adelaide's constant outrageous demands?

I also wonder if Collingwood would think Port Adelaide are easy to deal with .... Nick Stevens, etc.

quote]

Hi Genius, who do you think was negotiating for Port at the time?

The longer this trade continues the more it favours Hawthorn.

At 1:59pm on Friday only pick 9 will be on the table and rope for Mark Williams.

I wonder if it has entered their minds that maybe Hawthorn are a little frustrated with Port Adelaide's constant outrageous demands?

I also wonder if Collingwood would think Port Adelaide are easy to deal with .... Nick Stevens, etc.

quote]

That may be apparent but you missed the point!

Seeing you are so smart - WHO was actually responsible for the stevens decision?

Your coach/club signs off on it.

Also, a list manager job is to better the list not disadvantage it. Pelchen during that time would of been under instructions to not allow a deal to come to fruition. It contradicts his job description.

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Rohde on 3aw Wednesday 07.10.09

Remove this Banner Ad

Back