Resource Petition to Restore PAFC back to Membership Control

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have been a long advocate that democratic voting by the members to select our current board & directors has been denied for far too long. As a result of this, we have seen too much complacency from the top which has filtered down all the way to the coaches & players. This soft culture that has infested our club needs to end. For us to be competitive on the field, we need leadership off the field that is competitive also. We need passionate people that understands what the PAFC should be, back in our club driving us forward.

I have setup a petition below that can be shared by any platform in an effort to raise this attention to the AFL & the current board of directors of the PAFC.

I started this in July and it already has 142 signatures, could be worth just consolidating this into one petition

I started this in July and it already has 142 signatures, could be worth just consolidating this into one petition
Ah, sorry mate, either I didn't know or forgot about this one. If it is possible, I will look into it but at the moment, probably not worth it for only 142 signatures. We probably need a response in the 1000's to carry any weight. Lets see how this fresh petition goes first.

We need something like the One-Club Initiative.

I was also thinking on something like a “Port Adelaide Supporters’ Association”.

Lead by Timmy Giniver & George Fiacchi. Are they up for another campaign or are their hands tied to the current regime?

I have been a long advocate that democratic voting by the members to select our current board & directors has been denied for far too long. As a result of this, we have seen too much complacency from the top which has filtered down all the way to the coaches & players. This soft culture that has infested our club needs to end. For us to be competitive on the field, we need leadership off the field that is competitive also. We need passionate people that understands what the PAFC should be, back in our club driving us forward.

I have setup a petition below that can be shared by any platform in an effort to raise this attention to the AFL & the current board of directors of the PAFC.

/signed

Didn’t Matthew Richardson tell the attendees at that Members’ Dinner that they’ll never do it as they believe we’d elect nothing but footballers?

Which in itself is a hilariously patronising and arrogant belief coming from Mr. ChAsInG gReAtNeSs.

Didn’t Matthew Richardson tell the attendees at that Members’ Dinner that they’ll never do it as they believe we’d elect nothing but footballers?

Which in itself is a hilariously patronising and arrogant belief coming from Mr. ChAsInG gReAtNeSs.

Yes, I was the one that asked that question.

Then he has to walk the plank.
Only a true AFL puppet would say that and believe it.

This is all about cutting those strings.

Love the passion but change.org petitions just won't cut it.

One club had figureheads attached and the right conditions (crippled club, shit stadium deal, cannibalised marketing) to cause change.

Off field we are doing incredibly well. AFL isn't going to budge without a very good reason and media aren't gonna care. Gotta find the reasons to make them care.

One club had figureheads attached and the right conditions (crippled club, shit stadium deal, cannibalised marketing) to cause change.

Off field we are doing incredibly well. AFL isn't going to budge without a very good reason and media aren't gonna care. Gotta find the reasons to make them care.
The media are on the board.

I can't think of too many footballers that would do a worse job than he has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I’ve said elsewhere, we need some institutionalization.

We need to EXIST and be organized. We must have a name and a face. It’s necessary to have a manifesto. People should be able to get involved. All that.

The Crows making this happen in 2028 will be the single biggest facilitator of this. If they push for it, there will be absolutely no reason for us not to. Hopefully their continual shitness will energise their docile supporters to push for change. Need somebody like that drunk looking bad teeth campaigner Penberthy to lead the charge.

The Crows making this happen in 2028 will be the single biggest facilitator of this. If they push for it, there will be absolutely no reason for us not to. Hopefully their continual shitness will energise their docile supporters to push for change. Need somebody like that drunk looking bad teeth campaigner Penberthy to lead the charge.
The Crows constitution says the voting can revert to the members OR any other member group they choose.

I dont trust them to give control to the fans so I don't want us to rely on them.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ah, sorry mate, either I didn't know or forgot about this one. If it is possible, I will look into it but at the moment, probably not worth it for only 142 signatures. We probably need a response in the 1000's to carry any weight. Lets see how this fresh petition goes first.
Not thousands, that's nothing. Try 10's of thousands and people willing to put their money where their mouth is, including probably needing a few big names, very successful and ridiculously wealthy people putting illusions of dollars in.

Im all for it, but to say it's a massive task, would be an understatement.

As I’ve said elsewhere, we need some institutionalization.

We need to EXIST and be organized. We must have a name and a face. It’s necessary to have a manifesto. People should be able to get involved. All that.
Many long suffering supporters on here may need to be institutionalised if we have to put up with much more of kern and koch's BS GP.

I signed the petition but almost immediately change.org who are based in San Francisco asked for a donation, which I declined for security reasons.

Many long suffering supporters on here may need to be institutionalised if we have to put up with much more of kern and koch's BS GP.
Paramount Network No GIF by Yellowstone

I signed the petition but almost immediately change.org who are based in San Francisco asked for a donation, which I declined for security reasons.
Yeah change.org does that, it’s supposed to be so that the site can boost petitions but I don’t recommend doing so. Best bet is to share the link around to people who are more likely to sign it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Petition to Restore PAFC back to Membership Control

Remove this Banner Ad

Back