Preview PF Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Will feel shattered for Nath if he ends up dropped for the GF if we win, but it has to happen surely.

Rock and a hard place decision for the GF if we make it. He's the only guy we have who can shut Riewoldt down, but bringing him back for a GF after missing 5 weeks of footy? Wow, dunno what will happen there.

If Presti does not play this week he will certainly not play next week. He was declared fit to play today. Personally, I think it is a decision that may cost us the game. Also watch for another very ordinary effort from Davis. I would have thought Presti to be an automatic selection. Nathan Brown is a risk at full back, particularly if Geelong set up to isolate our backline guys.

Brown should be a good match up for Pods. If we get through, there will be a massive call to be made, assuming Presti is alright to go.

Or...or, is this the pies sticking it up to Geelong with the mind games bullshit, and wham we name him 5 mins before the game, Cop the fine that you get for doing it...and **** the cats over!! yerr

We all know Nathan Brown is going to be our FB for the next decade. He is rated by all.

However, with Presti missing another week, this is the type of opportunity for the young man to make a statement to the selection panel and list management group and basically say that he is ready to assume FB responsibilities from hereon-in, with or without Presti, with or without Tarrant.

His spot is basically the only one that is available and (provided we win) if he wants to be a part of the GF, he needs to stand up and be counted against the very best going around.

The flipside to all this is that there could be a potential hard luck story as someone said above.

Or...or, is this the pies sticking it up to Geelong with the mind games bullshit, and wham we name him 5 mins before the game, Cop the fine that you get for doing it...and **** the cats over!! yerr
That's what dad just said

But it would be the first time we tried anything like this in years

This:
“Prestigiacomo trained today and ticked most of the boxes but unfortunately, needs another day or two to get himself fully fit,” the club’s chief of football Geoff Walsh told Collingwoodfc.com.au on Thursday.

might mean he is in, another day means tomorrow...

But i really don't know

I'm pretty happy that the club is sticking to playing players who are 100%, no exceptions. Presti is our best stopper, but if he's a little bit unfit he could seriously have a shocker.

Right decision for mine. He'll be fine for the Grand Final if we get there.

Let's just be glad we have Nath to fall back on.

We did a similar thing against the Saints last year with Rocca so I wouldnt be suprised if he gets in the team tommorow this time. If we make the Grand Final I dont want us to drop anyway becuase its to harsh on the players and if happened to to make it and N. Brown was the one to make way for Presti we could lose him to another team as he is out of contract and these kind of stuff really piss of players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty happy that the club is sticking to playing players who are 100%, no exceptions. Presti is our best stopper, but if he's a little bit unfit he could seriously have a shocker.

Right decision for mine. He'll be fine for the Grand Final if we get there.

Let's just be glad we have Nath to fall back on.

Yep. Got to send in the fittest team possible. Wouldn't write Press-studs off if we win, but if Brown plays a good-un, hard to edge back in.

dont mind the decision...rambo wouldve been hard done by if he was dropped considering he mauled big bad barry in the first final

Maybe Presti is still the better option, certainly is my opinion, but Good for Nate Brown all the same

Good decision if Presti wasn't right.

Others may disagree but I'm glad they left Blake out.

Go Pies !!!

i would love to see blake in...massive spud.

His woeful ruck work and inability to do anything around the ground would be a great asset to collingwood.

hawkins might only have half a footy brain but is a better choice for the Cats than blake

Podsiadly will be a bigger task than Barry, not because he's a better player but because the ball will be coming in a lot quicker and cleaner than it did against the Dogs. I reckon Brown is up to the task though, and hopefully the ball won't be down that end all that often anyway.

i would love to see blake in...massive spud.

His woeful ruck work and inability to do anything around the ground would be a great asset to collingwood.

hawkins might only have half a footy brain but is a better choice for the Cats than blake

Fair enough (he's no champion) but this was the only area they could have had a distinct advantage over us. Blake shoved it down the Geelong midfielders throat in last years prelim against an inferior ruckman and now that they have gone with Hawkins they are going with our set-up - 1 genuine ruckman, 1 part-timer.

Now Jolly can dominate both and Leroy create a contest against Hawkins. I like it.

Fair enough (he's no champion) but this was the only area they could have had a distinct advantage over us. Blake shoved it down the Geelong midfielders throat in last years prelim against an inferior ruckman and now that they have gone with Hawkins they are going with our set-up - 1 genuine ruckman, 1 part-timer.

Now Jolly can dominate both and Leroy create a contest against Hawkins. I like it.

oh mate i know what you mean but ive watched him a bit and i just think he's been ordinary at best and if you think about it this way, if mummy had stayed blake would be warming the pine for the entire season, not just the pointy end.

But i completely agree with you we should be able to control the ruck. Hopefully leroy can move forward and make hawkins accountable. I'd love to see hawkins trying to defend brown :D

Reid gets Mooney, Browny gets Podsiadly and if Hawkins ends up down there for patches Maxwell gets him?

I'm content with those matchups. Critically in Round 19 we lost Reid who was manning Mooney early so it stuffed us right up, we'll be better in terms of matchups this time round.

oh mate i know what you mean but ive watched him a bit and i just think he's been ordinary at best and if you think about it this way, if mummy had stayed blake would be warming the pine for the entire season, not just the pointy end.

But i completely agree with you we should be able to control the ruck. Hopefully leroy can move forward and make hawkins accountable. I'd love to see hawkins trying to defend brown :D

I think we have the same opinion of Blake overall (I may think he's a better ruckman than you) :D, just a different opinion on match ups.

I think one of the reasons that saved Hawkins is that Blake can't go forward thus leaving the pine as his only option when not rucking. This would leave them basically 1 rotation short which is also not a good position to be in against us.

So the choice was having an advantage in the ruck or having more flexibility.
They chose the latter.

I'm just happy with the thought that Jolly could really dominate the ruck now and that could be huge for us. Cheers.

We all know Nathan Brown is going to be our FB for the next decade. He is rated by all.

However, with Presti missing another week, this is the type of opportunity for the young man to make a statement to the selection panel and list management group and basically say that he is ready to assume FB responsibilities from hereon-in, with or without Presti, with or without Tarrant.

His spot is basically the only one that is available and (provided we win) if he wants to be a part of the GF, he needs to stand up and be counted against the very best going around.

The flipside to all this is that there could be a potential hard luck story as someone said above.

Very True and this could Decide if we chase Tarrant or not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back