Preview PF Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

We did a similar thing against the Saints last year with Rocca so I wouldnt be suprised if he gets in the team tommorow this time. If we make the Grand Final I dont want us to drop anyway becuase its to harsh on the players and if happened to to make it and N. Brown was the one to make way for Presti we could lose him to another team as he is out of contract and these kind of stuff really piss of players.

and How did that work out?

Gutted for Presti to not be back this week, as said earlier on this page, just because he is not named in our side for this week, if we go on to win tomorrow night i can't see why - if fit- he wont be back for next week.

I'm worried about the choice. I still see a 85% fit Presti as a better option to an inexperienced N. Brown. I really hope Presti can get in to play tomorrow as a last minute option because his experience will help our young side greatly.

Brown did not do so well against Pods in the first game against Geelong which we lost.
Podsiadly only kicked one goal and had one goal assist in Round 9. Ben Reid was missing for nearly all of the Round 19 match after going off early in the first quarter.

It's an extremely young spine :eek: I really hope Dawes,Nate and Reidy can stand up in a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE game. We really need our other defenders to help out Reid and Brown and of course our midfield to get on top so the ball doesn't get into their F50.

Hope it lives up to the hype. Hope by the end of the game tomorrow night I'm celebrating with my cuz a victory.

If the young KPP stand up then we have a really bright future.

If we do win, there is no reason why Presti would not play. He has 200+ games under his belt, he is the type of player who can adjust to the tempo. The 'extended break' may come in useful for a GF if we make it.

I have faith in Browny, if he can hold Hall to 2 goals, Geelong's forwards won't worry him.

First Preliminary Final
Collingwood v Geelong
Friday 17 September
MCG, 7:45 PM

Collingwood

B: Nick Maxwell, Nathan Brown, Alan Toovey
HB: Harry O'Brien, Ben Reid, Heath Shaw
C: Sharrod Wellingham, Dane Swan, Ben Johnson
HF: Alan Didak, Travis Cloke, Luke Ball
F: Dayne Beams, Chris Dawes, Steele Sidebottom
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dale Thomas
Int: Jarryd Blair, Leon Davis, Brent Macaffer, Leigh Brown

Emg: Tarkyn Lockyer, Paul Medhurst, Tyson Goldsack

Milestones: Scott Pendlebury (100 AFL games)
Sharrod Wellingham (50 AFL games

Edited for accuracy...

Massive shock.:eek:

I was at training today and he looked fine, was sure he would play.:(

I'm now starting to shit myself without Presti, but hopefully Nath lifts to the task.

Yeah I agree the Coaches and selection committee have gotten it wrong all year - no wait....

WFT kind of selection is this? IF Presti is fit and they dont play him it is one of the stupidest selection decisions Ive seen - huge stakes, huge crowd and no second chances!!!

WFT kind of selection is this? IF Presti is fit and they dont play him it is one of the stupidest selection decisions Ive seen - huge stakes, huge crowd and no second chances!!!
Now let me see, who do I think got it right?

The Club or Krueger

Nope, can't split 'em

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gday David Buttifant, I didn't know you posted here.:p

So Prestigiacomo was 100% right to go, hmm, first I've heard of that, today he was cruising through training and 2 weeks ago he was still in hospital, or did I miss something?

Sorry Dave, you've done a great job this year, keeping our players on the ground, and it's great you got Presti back to 100% but we didn't select him, hmm.:p

Very happy with teh decision to have Brown in, I think he has over taken Presti anyhow, great servant of the club but Brown for me is the better option. Force Presti away from the goal square and he looks lost. The game has gone past him, Brown has improved this area in the 2nd half of this year no longer purely a shut down player.

Yeah I agree the Coaches and selection committee have gotten it wrong all year - no wait....
Where did I say they've gotten it wrong? :confused:

I'm not Presti so I wouldn't know if he's 100% or not. Obviously he isn't, so I'm happy they left him out as you don't want to carry someone who isn't fit for a final. Just like I was happy we left out Pendles in last year's prelim.

All I'm saying is that I'd feel more comfortable if Presti was fit and in the team.

I'm shocked Presti isn't playing, but it's good to see we are still making the hard calls on club stalwarts. If he's not right, he's not right.

However, one thing has me a little confused - why are people suggesting Presti can contain Riewoldt? The last few times we've played the Aints with Rooey in the side, he's completely blown Presti up within the first quarter ala Harry Taylor. If my memory serves me correctly, in last years final we ended up moving Maxwell on Rooey just so somebody could follow him up the ground??

IMO if Presti is fit this is possibly one of the worst decisions the club has made this year, I'm not totally concerned with this week my main concern is next week.

We now have the situation that unless Brown or Reid gets injured Presti will not play in the grand final should we make it. This would mean that Brown will go to Reiwoldt, can anyone remember the last time Brown played on him? Because I can it was the 2008 semi when Reiwoldt tore him a new arseh*le, he would be licking his lips at the thought of playing on Brown instead of Presti in a Grand Final.

This non decision has left me gutted i'll still be there to cheer the boys on but i now hold serious reservations about our abilities to win a premiership. Anyone that doubts my views on Brown playing on truly great KPF's should look no further than round 22 when Brown played on Franklin.

Agree with the call. MM knows what he's doing, he's not risking unfit players. Nate played Barry Hall very well and the match-up with Podsiadly suits him.

Now let me see, who do I think got it right?

The Club or Krueger

Nope, can't split 'em

Yeh the Club is alaways bloody right eh? You sound like the type of bloke who will believe anything you see and hear.

Presti for FB by a country mile and for you to think Brown is better suited to that position then go see your doctor.

Btw I did say "IF" Presti was fit..........

If Presti is not fit then he should not play, especially in a prelim. final against the Cats. Have faith in the younger blokes, we have no reason to doubt them in the face of Geelong's forwardline (compared to say, Hawthorn's or the Bears when it was functioning...). If we win, a very rested Presti will be a great weapon against Riewoldt. Presti always hits the ground running, don't worry about him being out of the game for too long.

I know we're jumping ahead with the St.Kilda thing, but if that did happen Brown would play on Kosi and Reid would play on Riewoldt quite obviously.

I wonder if people remember that Reid got injured and was out of the game against Geelong from the 1st quarter in the last game. We gonna own those fools.

Why is that quite obvious? The obvious match up against the hawks was Reid to Franklin Brown to Roughead, but from memory it didn't go that way. Buddy goes out and kicks six and the game is lost.

Agree 100%

Brown is better on Power Forwards eg, Brown (Lions), Franklin, Hall.

Good match up for this week the Pod and Kozi if its the saints and Hall if doggies if we make it rthough to next week.

They are breathing a sigh of relief over the Presti non selection over on the Cats board. We sometimes over rate and under rate our own but when the opposition think they are better off over a Magpie non selection its concerning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back