Preview PF Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Do they? Where?

Cos this is a forum and some here prefer Brown over Presti which I disagree with. Does that satisfy your curiosity??

Whoever thinks Brown > Presti should be shot, no offense guys.

Presti is basically walking superglue.

If Presti is not 100% good decision.

I definitely would not be ruling him out for next week, should we win. At least he won't have to overcome the '2nd time up' issues (prolonged soreness etc) most players have after a prolonged break.

Feel a little sorry for Goldsack who i feel is a really solid player who contributes a lot to the team. I am not quite sure who he would replace but he is unlucky and would be playing at a lot of other clubs right now. (if it was regular season at least)

I'm sorry but if Presti is fit he plays. It's as simple as that. In his position and with his experience the 5 weeks away from footy is not that big a deal IMO. The fact that it's a Grand Final makes it even more imperative that we select our best team, and Presti is a far FAR superior defender to Nathan Brown. His experience alone is worth it's weight in gold for a Grand Final.

If Presti is fit for the Granny and we make it, he plays.

Why is that quite obvious? The obvious match up against the hawks was Reid to Franklin Brown to Roughead, but from memory it didn't go that way. Buddy goes out and kicks six and the game is lost.

Reid's first game back from injury so they gave him a lesser running opponent. Game result didn't matter.

In normal circumstances Reid would go to Franklin, Brown to Roughead
In normal circumstances Reid would go to Riewoldt, Brown would go to Kosi

Feel a little sorry for Goldsack who i feel is a really solid player who contributes a lot to the team. I am not quite sure who he would replace but he is unlucky and would be playing at a lot of other clubs right now. (if it was regular season at least)
Goldsack was good for maybe 2 or 3 games. Earlier in the season he was an average VFL player, and in his last few games he was pathetic and a liability. His decision making at times is terrible. In finals decision making is of absolute importance, and I actually feel more comfortable with him out of the side.

If Presti is not 100% fit then great call. But there is no way Brown is better then Presti when they are both 100% fit, just no way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rock and a hard place decision for the GF if we make it. He's the only guy we have who can shut Riewoldt down, but bringing him back for a GF after missing 5 weeks of footy? Wow, dunno what will happen there.

Remember we won last time with 1 Reid Down for nearly the whole game

The first one somes it up for me. If he's not fit you can't play him but I'd also hate to play St Kilda without him. It does get hard to bring him in after such a long absence especially if Nate plays well.

I have been a huge fan of Nate this year but he has still not been on the same level as Presti in terms of his one on one defensive work and you have to go into a GF with your best team the question will be how confident they feel about Presti being at his best.

The last time we played Geelong we carried an extra defender then we are currently playing with because Goldsack was in the side.

They are breathing a sigh of relief over the Presti non selection over on the Cats board. We sometimes over rate and under rate our own but when the opposition think they are better off over a Magpie non selection its concerning.
Then I guess we are lucky as none of them get to run out with their team.
Now if Pods posted then .....

I think he will play for sure if we get through next week, he is the ideal matchup for Saint Nick

Obviously Presti is not fit to play. You dont take injured players into finals.
If we ok to play he would be in. So lets look to our team selected to get the job done.
Good luck to Browny.

If we go with the selected 22 hopefully we line up something like this:

B: Maxwell Brown Toovey
HB: O'Brien Reid Shaw
C: Thomas Swan Johnson
HF: Didak Cloke Macaffer
F: Davis Dawes Leroy
Foll: Jolly Pendlebury Ball
Int: Blair Beams Sidebottom Wellingham

Its good to see us finally go into a preliminary final with a reliable ruckman that is going to provide a really good contest. Im very comfortable when I see Jolly around the stoppages and up forward he is a geniune A Grader. Really Really happy with Leroy Brown as his back up. Hasnt put a foot wrong.

The luxury of these 2 as our ruck division is both can play up forward and ruck and Leroy can also go down back if needed.

People who think a good ruckman is not important.... please watch our last couple of prelims against Geelong and watch Ottens maul us... NOT THIS TIME

Most games I have been to this year we usually start with Dawes and Leroy deep and Clokey up at CHF. I really like this setup. With Leon providing that small forward option in the 50 and providing great attack and pressure.

For some reason and I dont know why im feeling Leon is going to have a good game and snag a few!

Bring it on!

GO PIES!!!!!!

Yeh the Club is alaways bloody right eh? You sound like the type of bloke who will believe anything you see and hear.

What I believe is;
Our Club is professionally run
We employee experts in every field
Our Coaching Staff are better than most other clubs
Our Senior Coach is in the top 3 in the AFL
Our Administration is as good as it gets
Our Board is a well managed corporate body

I think all of those things stack up pretty well against what you have.

Which is as far as I can tell - is nothing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back