Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Eagles vs Cowboys - bonehead touchdown!

would have been really interesting had either one of the dallas DB's had picked up the ball & started to run it back.

really enjoyed today's game, it's rare i get to see a game in full that isn't the superbowl. and i think it was a lot more enjoyable to watch because it was just a regular season game, less hype, less razzle dazzle in the presentation, it was just the game which i thought was great.

loved the kickoff return for a touchdown.

Cost me my fantasy football game :p But thats ok, its only a game... DeSean is an idiot though... not as bad as McNabb though and the 2minute 'drive'

[youtube]K7hbzpZilJE[/youtube]
DeSean in high school.

would have been really interesting had either one of the dallas DB's had picked up the ball & started to run it back.

It wouldn't have mattered as the refs had called touchdown, which automatically means the play is dead. That is why they got the ball back at the one, otherwise it would have just been a fumble and "play on"...

But it was an entertaining game for sure.

ESPN apparently found highlights from high school where DJ was waltzing in on a TD and about the 5 yard line he decided to do a flip, didn't complete it and fumbled the ball......

History, history, history....

ESPN apparently found highlights from high school where DJ was waltzing in on a TD and about the 5 yard line he decided to do a flip, didn't complete it and fumbled the ball......

History, history, history....
Look up ;)

kids got talent no doubt, but a serious lack of grey matter could make his nfl journey a rocky one;)

only upside is he wont be alone, got mcnabb to keep him company,

muff 2 simple handoffs & give dallas the win, yee gods man!:mad:

The Eagles lost by 4 in a high scoring affair but one of the funniest things I have ever seen was when the quarterback from Philly threw a 60 yard pass which was caught by the number 10 and he ran in for a touchdown but was lairising around and he threw the ball behind him to celebrate but it was just before he actually put his foot down in the end zone!!!! The commentator kept calling him a "bonehead"...absolute gold...plays of the week for sure!!!!

Now that the names got sorted out it should also be pointed out that the ball has to break the line. His foot has nothing to do with it. Bonehead move for sure.:p

The real shame here is that this play has overshadowed Desean setting history.

Only the second rookie, and first in 40 years, to record 100 yards in his first two matches.

Maybe he put a substantial bet on him Not getting a TD :) . Stupid play though.
He's been good for a midget receiver playing without the teams usual 1 and 2. I suppose at least he is celebrating like goose after big plays, which is a welcome change from the days of Freddie Mitchell dancing around like an idiot after making a 5-yard catch on 3 and 10..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Philadelphia Eagles: "The Gold Standard"

about a result not involving my beloved bombers?

working all day, avoiding any sports news just in case, get home & crack the 1st of many cold ones & get the fox replay of dallas v eagles happening......hangon, before the game starts they tell me we are now a playoff chance thanks to some chumps from Tampa & Chicago, hmm, well fluck me, just got to beat the big 'D' now, Romo cant handle pressure, must be chance in a close one, no? ....1/4 time looking ok.....1/2 time fat ladies bellowing as loud as i am!!:thumbsu:

after the pathetic coaching effort last week, andy delivers big time, stubble & all, what to do with this guy?!

vikings could & should be a doddle next week if the offense shows up again, & then mebe the giants, already got the wood on them, January is looking sweet after all;)

cant beat aussie rules, but today came very very close

Re: is it possible to be this happy

I know exactly how you feel mate.

I get almost the same amount of satisfaction from a Falcons win as I do when the Dons win, almost.

After a thread during the year on who to support due to being new to the game, I went with the Falcons.

All year i've been quitly going we can but unlikely, ((Bucs and Panthers going good, Giants and the scramble between Cowboys and Eagles) i didnt think they would make it.

But these last two weeks i've been on an adrenalin rush hoping we could do it.

Close game against the Rams

and the Saints coming back and almost knocking off the Panthers, I was jumping up and down for the last 3 minutes of the Saints-Panthers game saying I couldnt beleive it a week off with a rookie QB and a rookie HC, New RB. Almost a completely new team from last year. Than that bluddy Panthers Kicker ruined my day:mad:

Yeah, I am the same way

Probably the only reason I get more passionate about the Magpies is that if they lose I have to hear about it all week, at least when the Vikings get done, 50 people dont tell me about it :D

But dont think I dont sit here at 6am and not piss the Mrs off (whos trying to sleep in) when Sidney Rice keeps false starting from WR. AAARRRGGGHHH!!! :mad:

vikings could & should be a doddle next week if the offense shows up again, & then mebe the giants, already got the wood on them, January is looking sweet after all;)

Not half getting ahead of ourselves are we? :cool:

When you're AFL side is going as bad as Essendon, it is quite natural to think that a win for your NFL side compares.

going bad enough to beat you chumps tho eh!

& i should add, this phily thing of mine has been a 21 year love/hate relationship, & for a longtime they stunk the joint up much more than any essendon side ive ever seen (or collingwood for that matter, & thats saying something!;))

I know exactly how you feel mate.

I get almost the same amount of satisfaction from a Falcons win as I do when the Dons win, almost.

I'd have to say following the Steelers gives me far more pleasure than following North in the AFL. The AFL has changed (for the worse) completely in the last decade. Passion for Steelers just keeps on growing.. I've always wanted to know why we lost.. chasing down USA Today (back in the 90's) helped break it down but the internet helps alot more obviously. The AFL game reviews from the AFL are very disappointing which perhaps underlines what I've known for a long time... the standard of AFL has fallen thru the floor and most of the AFL media just ain't writing with any passion. I can't be bothered getting to the footy on time anymore
which tells you alot where the AFL is heading.

If September is the best time of the year, late December is a close second.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back