Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Not know where to post this... stumbled across it and chuckled, star is a stretch

HA!

neither did i so, although, you apparently read the same article a half hour before i did. was hotmailing perhaps????

it appears you only need to play in the NFL to be known as a 'star' these days. ok, he's been good for the Iggles this season prior to getting hurt.....has posted his best numbers, and i understand he is the receiver they use to pick off pass rushers before heading out on a route for a possible checkdown or what have you where he's been effective. but a 'star'?......Hank? pulease!

i dont really have anything to talk about.

Re: Housh wants to be an Eagle

I honestly don't see how he could improve the team dramatically, ala Samuels did... Don't get me wrong, good WR, but the 6-8 yard reception isn't really the issue? Or is it, confusing down in Philly town :p

Dunno how you will be able to afford everyone TBH... Especially with so many FAs this offseason...

I honestly don't see how he could improve the team dramatically, ala Samuels did... Don't get me wrong, good WR, but the 6-8 yard reception isn't really the issue? Or is it, confusing down in Philly town :p

Dunno how you will be able to afford everyone TBH... Especially with so many FAs this offseason...

Actually, the possession reciever is probably more of a need than a deep threat, with Curtis and Desean both providing pretty good speed.

Boldin is probably more of what the Eagles need, with his redzone threat abilities, but he'd cost something unlike Housh, and hasnt actually expressed his keen interest in the franchise, like TJ has.

Ive warned you about this.... :mad:

:D

Actually it's a bit of a standard line for Saints fans these days whenever the discussion turns to bringing people in.

Eagles fans might need to start using the line too. :p

In a recent interview with ESPN radio, TJ Houshmandzadeh spoke of his desire to play for the Eagles, and catch passes from Donovan McNabb. :)

Thoughts on whether or not this is likely?

How big could it potentially be for a team which was already in the NFC Championship game this season.

http://950espn.com/Audio/tabid/183/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3045/Default.aspx
Haha, it was a Philly radio station that asked specifically if he wants to go to Philly! What would he say? Nah, I would prefer New England? I am sure there are lots of teams he would not mind going to. Probably he would think there are around 25 teams that would be better than the Bengals.

He ****ed over the Bengals anyway, he shouldn't have disrespected our towel! They've been going downhill since that day. ;)

Actually, the possession reciever is probably more of a need than a deep threat, with Curtis and Desean both providing pretty good speed.

Boldin is probably more of what the Eagles need, with his redzone threat abilities, but he'd cost something unlike Housh, and hasnt actually expressed his keen interest in the franchise, like TJ has.
Housh will be worth a lot IMO... Not to the level of Boldin obviously, and the scene takes away a bit, but he will be one of the best WRs in FA that have proven themselves... Will lead to a bloated worth with so little pickins.

Are you kidding? That's exactly what the Eagles need to go the distance. It's all about chemistry and the Housh can deliver without fuss. On the flipside, I still think the Plaxico distraction SHOT the G-Men's chances in the play-off lead up. Could of easily been a Giants-Steelers Supabah as Steve on SEN predicted in the mid season.

Keep your dirty grubby hands off of Boldin.

If you want him then the 1st and 2nd picks in the draft and a future 1st pick better be coming our way.

Perhaps the Cards should pay him like a player worth a couple of first round picks and a second?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want him then the 1st and 2nd picks in the draft and a future 1st pick better be coming our way.

I'd be quietly confident going into next season Wizard.. your division opponents will be re-building their rosters which means a 9-7 (at least) campaign is there for the taking and the experience of the play-offs the players gained will be such a bonus. I always wonder if the Steelers D Co-Ordinator let that gap in the middle open on purpose? Hate to think if the Cards consumed another couple of plays to burn time off the clock like they did to Philly in that final drive in the CC to limit the opposition's time of possession.

ARZ must bounce back next season. Warner has to give it another crack. Retirement is forever and surely party boy Leinart isn't the QB you think can carry the Cards to the Division title. Reasonable back up.. just like Byron Leftwich (who says wants to be a starter next season).

I guess even getting booed by fans with splinters in their butts from getting on and off the bandwagon so many times in a season would be preferable to going round with the Bungles again.

Boldin and your second rounder for Nmandi......:)

I'd be quietly confident going into next season Wizard.. your division opponents will be re-building their rosters which means a 9-7 (at least) campaign is there for the taking and the experience of the play-offs the players gained will be such a bonus. I always wonder if the Steelers D Co-Ordinator let that gap in the middle open on purpose? Hate to think if the Cards consumed another couple of plays to burn time off the clock like they did to Philly in that final drive in the CC to limit the opposition's time of possession.

I was having the same thoughts when i finished jumping around and screaming. The drive gave the Steelers to much time unfortunately, but if you get a quick strike its better then getting no strike at all.

Boldin and your second rounder for Nmandi......:)

Not bloody likely. Remember Q is contracted.

Perhaps the Cards should pay him like a player worth a couple of first round picks and a second?

He'll get paid dude, Fitz will throw him a bone and the money will be there for him.

You have to remember Wiz, Nmandi is probably the best man to man CB in the league and Boldin is not even your best WR!! Also, if Nmandi is franchised he will be worth probably 2 firsts or at worst a first and second. Boldin would not command 2 first rounders.

He'll get paid dude, Fitz will throw him a bone and the money will be there for him.
Why does Fitz even need to do that? You guys allegedly have commitments $40m under next years cap. The lowest in the league apparently. Seems you will be fine.

Are you kidding? That's exactly what the Eagles need to go the distance. It's all about chemistry and the Housh can deliver without fuss. On the flipside, I still think the Plaxico distraction SHOT the G-Men's chances in the play-off lead up. Could of easily been a Giants-Steelers Supabah as Steve on SEN predicted in the mid season.
Kind of ironic. Steelers let him go because he was a headcase. Giants now miss out on the Super Bowl because of him, allowing the Steelers to take on Arizona instead of the *allegedly* more difficult Giants (at the very least more experienced).

Do we have letting Plaxico go to thank for this Super Bowl win? At least he wasn't cocking up our season...

I always wonder if the Steelers D Co-Ordinator let that gap in the middle open on purpose? Hate to think if the Cards consumed another couple of plays to burn time off the clock like they did to Philly in that final drive in the CC to limit the opposition's time of possession.
I would like to think that was the case, but it is not the Pittsburgh way. Also, it opened up in the middle because Polamalu moved to his left as he thought it was going to Boldin (?) who was getting open on the right side of the field. Fitz ran the slant on the inside caught the ball and had an open field ahead. With his speed, there was no way anyone was going to catch him.

Regarding TJ Hzouseyourman, he'll make a that Eagles offense great. But i think he gets the franchise tag so it's probably a moot point.

Regarding Boldin, he's not happy and it's very possible he'll holdout and not play the start of the season until he gets traded and thus turn the Cardinals hand in accepting just a 1st rounder or just a 2nd rounder.

Regarding TJ Hzouseyourman, he'll make a that Eagles offense great. But i think he gets the franchise tag so it's probably a moot point.

Regarding Boldin, he's not happy and it's very possible he'll holdout and not play the start of the season until he gets traded and thus turn the Cardinals hand in accepting just a 1st rounder or just a 2nd rounder.

2nd rounder, you gotta be kidding me.

I think with James gone we will have something like $47 million bucks sitting around to play with.
Q and Kurt will get played if they wanna stay.

So bringing in another unknown force, for his first year = chemistry?

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back