Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Kevin Curtis has hernia surgery

I hate you.
:D

I hope you hate me even more Sunday night. ;)

TBH, I'd like to see Mc Nabb have a career best season, win the division and shut up his critics. Hopefully they can at least give him enough protection to see out the season and I'm sure he'll put up decent numbers even with crappy receivers.

Re: Kevin Curtis has hernia surgery

Always loved KC, natural successor to big Tory, sad to see him go, sad to see him go down like that, he'll be back, more than likely bigger and better than ever.

I dearly hope so, KC is on a couple of the Mustangs' Fantasy Football rosters.

DeSean Jackson

I think every Eagles fan would be excited by his efforts today. He returned a punt for a TD, and he looks to be a pretty good receiver at this point too (4 receptions for 67 yards today).

He could be a star of the future, and appears to be a fantastic pick up for the Eagles.

Re: DeSean Jackson

Like what ive seen from Jackson alot. Looks like a genuine weapon.

Has led the game in receptions for all of our Preseason battles so far, and made a huge play on punt return this week.

Even better is the value we got him with. I had the Eags taking him in the first round for our mock draft, but instead the Eagles traded out of the first, and picked him up with a late second rounder. For once we've played the draft very well.

How bout Quentin Demps running through that Pats defender on the way to the house on that kick return? Loved it.

I think every Eagles fan would be excited by his efforts today. He returned a punt for a TD, and he looks to be a pretty good receiver at this point too (4 receptions for 67 yards today).

He could be a star of the future, and appears to be a fantastic pick up for the Eagles.

Looking good in the pre-season. It will be a steep learning curve for him though... with the receivers the Eagles have he may get stuck with the #1 CB. Interesting to see how his small frame stands up.

Looking good in the pre-season. It will be a steep learning curve for him though... with the receivers the Eagles have he may get stuck with the #1 CB. Interesting to see how his small frame stands up.

Nah, Reggie Brown will be back for the regular season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was stunned to see him draft in the second round after less heralded college WRs. He was touted to be the top pick throughout his college career, but scouts questioned his work ethic and his size ( 5-11 168lbs), although Ted Ginn is of similar size and he was drafted 11th overall.
Undoubtedly a finalist for ROY this season.

Carries the ball a bit odd... And not stellar protection but he knows how to get to the ball...

Apparently has a bit of Shockey in his veins (No footage, but at times when the ball has been INT by the CB he has turned and stared at the QB, before realising he can tackle the CB with the ball :p)

And can be a special teams BEAST... Not my favourite Eagle prospect (That belongs to Quinten Demps) but certainly up there with Ikegwuono (IR) and Trevor Laws (Another will-be-huge players IMO)....

And can be a special teams BEAST... Not my favourite Eagle prospect (That belongs to Quinten Demps) but certainly up there with Ikegwuono (IR) and Trevor Laws (Another will-be-huge players IMO)....

I think we drafted very well.

Some of those guys might end up better in the long run, but in terms of impact this year, Jackson will do the most damage. Just having a guy who can punt return makes us a far better team last year we would have made playoffs if wed gotten that right.

Very well I would have to say ST... AND you get Carolina's no 1 pick next year (Should be decent :p) and you still got Jackson when you wanted him. One of my favourite drafting performances of any team, with the Giants of course :p KC didn't do too shabby either :p ;)

Very well I would have to say ST... AND you get Carolina's no 1 pick next year (Should be decent :p) and you still got Jackson when you wanted him. One of my favourite drafting performances of any team, with the Giants of course :p KC didn't do too shabby either :p ;)

Some NFL teams certainly play the draft far better than their AFL counterparts.

It does seem that the U.S. teams have a far better idea of what each of them are looking at... they know roughly where a player will go with some accuracy and can trade up or down to get them in order to get maximum value.

Probably because the NFL have a much better integrated second league for scouting... Nearly all the best NFL draftees play through college, whilst this certainly isn't the case for AFL draftees who are spread across a huge different number of leagues.

And these players are in a more high octane situation during college, its not like some of the minor leagues in AFL where there isn't much competition etc. Its just so much more exciting as well (Probably given due to the fact so many people know the names going into the 2nd/3rd rounds and its televised, it gets people involved)

And the Eagles are good drafters in the AFL, and despite finished higher in previous years still get higher draft picks ie maxing value :confused: Don't know where you get the idea elsewhere :p

Probably because the NFL have a much better integrated second league for scouting... Nearly all the best NFL draftees play through college, whilst this certainly isn't the case for AFL draftees who are spread across a huge different number of leagues.

And these players are in a more high octane situation during college, its not like some of the minor leagues in AFL where there isn't much competition etc. Its just so much more exciting as well (Probably given due to the fact so many people know the names going into the 2nd/3rd rounds and its televised, it gets people involved)

Yeah, thats certainly true, but what i was getting at was... the clubs seem to be in communication with each other to some extent, as they all seem to know exactly whos thinking of taking who.

And the Eagles are good drafters in the AFL, and despite finished higher in previous years still get higher draft picks ie maxing value :confused: Don't know where you get the idea elsewhere :p

Who mentioned the West Coke? :confused:

Eagles vs Cowboys - bonehead touchdown!

The Eagles lost by 4 in a high scoring affair but one of the funniest things I have ever seen was when the quarterback from Philly threw a 60 yard pass which was caught by the number 10 and he ran in for a touchdown but was lairising around and he threw the ball behind him to celebrate but it was just before he actually put his foot down in the end zone!!!! The commentator kept calling him a "bonehead"...absolute gold...plays of the week for sure!!!!

Re: Eagles vs Cowboys - bonehead touchdown!

To put some names to those numbers, NcNabb threw a 60 yd pass down the middle of the field, a perfect pass for DeSean Jackson to take it about 15 yds out and run home for the TD.

Unfortunately, he forgot that when he got to the end zone, he needed to have the ball with him.

He dropped it intentionally 1yd from the line and was called as losing control of the football.

Luckily Westbrook cleaned up the mess on the very next play, 1st and goal.

But there are no excuses for what Jackson did, none at all.

Re: Eagles vs Cowboys - bonehead touchdown!

quarterback - donovan mcnabb
wide receiver - desean jackson ;)

That's right, Desean Jackson, number 10 ! Bloody funny...lucky it wasn't the superbowl !!! Geez I reckon his mates would be giving him heaps...his fine for the end of season trip must be huge!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back