Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close the……
Come Here Black Friday GIF by Studio Moderna ltd
If we picked up 2nd, I was hoping we'd draft Draper as well....Alas, we got my first choice, now to trade next yrs first to get McKercher whom I lurrrrve.

lick-lips.gif

You guys would be mad to not take Reid. Build around Kelly, Ginbey and Reid. You also have guys like Hewitt (who I rate) to rotate through there.

I think both clubs might look back at this draft and be happy with what they get from a needs perspective.
I said all along it makes far more sense for WCE to end up with Reid and North to end up with Curtin.

Hopefully the result bears positive fruit for both clubs.

Assuming North get McKay Compo Pick 2.

North get Reid + Watson.

West Coast get WA boy Curtin + McKercher and GC's F1 - Might possibly be giving up two pick 1's, but it allows them to fast-track rebuilt and get a genuine local pick 2 quality player in.

Interesting to note that this would mimic the North trade in which we lost JHF (pick 1) and another pick 1 for 2+3+F1(PA) - except WC dont risk losing investment in Reid if he ends up leaving WC.

GC get a likely pick 1 or 2 2024 (can throw in garbage picks to make up some points if they need)

Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 12.13.26 am.png

L

North get Reid + Watson.

West Coast get WA boy Curtin + McKercher and GC's F1 - Might possibly be giving up two pick 1's, but it allows them to fast-track rebuilt and get a genuine local pick 2 quality player in.

Interesting to note that this would mimic the North trade in which we lost JHF (pick 1) and another pick 1 for 2+3+F1(PA) - except WC dont risk losing investment in Reid if he ends up leaving WC.

GC get a likely pick 1 or 2 2024 (can throw in garbage picks to make up some points if they need)

View attachment 1786679
Lol, North are not getting 1 and 5 for 2 and 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast wont do that trade, if I was the Eagles I would ask for Pick 5 and Rivers.

But there is no way the club will trade him (or I will burn the place down).

Dees rate Rivers up there with Petracca and Oliver, and rightfully so. Very unlikely they’d consider trading out Rivers for anything less than pick 1 and a F1.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Melbourne's offer is 5, 15, 24 and their future first with some of WCE later picks this year going back the other way.

I don't see a club putting up a better offer.
Pretty poor offer tbh.

I'd hope to hell WCE don't even waste their time considering it.

Pretty poor offer tbh.

Exactly. It’s a rubbish offer, 5 will slide to 7 after Walter bid and likely McKay compo. 15 and 24 will blow out every further, probably to 20 and 30. Dees F1 likely to end up in late teens after bids next year too. So 7,20,30 and late teen pick AT BEST next year? No f***ing way we take that deal.

Pretty poor offer tbh.

I can only see WCE pulling the trigger on that deal if they think McKercher sneaks through to 5. Still would be taking Reid and backing the ability to get him to buy in long term.

Worse case scenario if he did request to leave after the initial contract, you probably would be able to extract good value anyway.

I can only see WCE pulling the trigger on that deal if they think McKercher sneaks through to 5. Still would be taking Reid and backing the ability to get him to buy in long term.

Worse case scenario if he did request to leave after the initial contract, you probably would be able to extract good value anyway.
Yeah, agreed. Twomey had Curtin at 6 in his last ranking(which is surprising as I think most would consider him 2nd or 3rd best prospect in the open draft) but word is that North are heavily into him, so if McK or Curtin aren't considered to be available, I can't see us doing that trade.

Melbourne's offer is 5, 15, 24 and their future first with some of WCE later picks this year going back the other way.

This is literally what we paid for Jackson but with an extra 1st chucked on top and it’s not enough. The value of pick 1 continues to make no actual sense

North get Reid + Watson.

View attachment 1786679
Would rather just deal with GC directly and take the one left out of Curtin, Duursma, Watson and Mckercher as well as Reid

5 becomes 7 after Walter bid and McKay compensation. Why would WCE accept that? Curtin, Mckercher, Duursma all gone by that pick.
Any deal has to net us Curtin or McKercher you’d think, otherwise don’t bother asking.

Only way a deal like that would make sense would be if Reid explicitly says he’s not leaving and we just try to get something of value out of the trade like last year. Even then I’m inclined to just take Reid anyway because I don’t feel as though we’d get the same result.

Wardlaw for Ginbey and Hewett is a huge W on our end and worked for North too. I can’t see Reid for Duursma and pick 15 having the same sort of win win scenario.

That is absolute trash. We wouldn't even land one of reid, mckercher, curtin or duursma, not to mention walter. Those other picks probably get pushed back 5 extra spots too due to academy picks. Please tell me this isn't even in the realm of possibility of being accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back