Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We wouldn't do that...
Agree to disagree. If my assumptions about where the future firsts end up is correct, it's a good deal for us because we are moving a top 5 pick forward a year and fast forwarding their development. However, if we were to outperform expectations and our future first ended up say at 5 then the trade would be an absolute steal. I certainly wouldn't trade our future first for pick 4 straight up, but by adding GC's future first we mitigate risk. It feels like some of our fans are so risk averse that they are unwilling to consider any trade at all.

kinda hoping we mostly stay to our current hand. draft reid and best available. good old boring and/or arrogant west coast.

I think we will. ROB pretty much alluded to it in his Gettable interview when he said we want to "protect" our current picks as much as possible.

The trades we've been linked to can all be done with later 3rd/4th rounders (current or future). Add a couple of NGAs that's a decent enough turnover in one year

Agree to disagree. If my assumptions about where the future firsts end up is correct, it's a good deal for us because we are moving a top 5 pick forward a year and fast forwarding their development. However, if we were to outperform expectations and our future first ended up say at 5 then the trade would be an absolute steal. I certainly wouldn't trade our future first for pick 4 straight up, but by adding GC's future first we mitigate risk. It feels like some of our fans are so risk averse that they are unwilling to consider any trade at all.
Next year's loaded with top end mids. Using a future first takes those players out of the equation. Turning a future first into a pick that ensures we might pick up a mid, when there's better options for where we'll likely finish anyway, would give us cause for regret, I believe.

No rush.

Out of interest. What would WC be willing to add to their F1 for pick 2?
Probably nothing, considering it'll be pick 1/2 next year.

I mean, obviously they'd have to to get North to consider it to begin with but for me, it's a pointless trade unless they're dead-set on getting Curtin without giving up Reid.

Next year's loaded with top end mids. Using a future first takes those players out of the equation. Turning a future first into a pick that ensures we might pick up a mid, when there's better options for where we'll likely finish anyway, would give us cause for regret, I believe.

No rush.
I would do the trade. You wouldn't. If Gold Coast put this trade to us, what do you think the Pieman and co would do?

I would do the trade. You wouldn't. If Gold Coast put this trade to us, what do you think the Pieman and co would do?
Depends what they prioritise for the list. If they want to finish off the midfield next year, then it'd make sense to hold it, unless McKercher slides and they have other priorities next year. not sure who's likely to be available around pick 10+ next year at this stage, depends what areas they want to fill out in upcoming drafts.

It's not the worst idea but you could be giving up pick 1 for pick 10 in next years' draft and that isn't worth it to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole club is fixated on Reid that they forgot a final was on.

The Reid ship has salied.

fail black and white GIF

Black And White Oops GIF by Buyout Footage
sinking james cameron GIF

The Dees should forget pick 1 Dees and throw all their picks at any half decent key forward. Going to waste that midfields prime years without one
Chol as a mobile forward would of made a world of difference tonight

From Melbourne would want Trent Rivers and draft picks to give up pick 1
ask for McPhee as well
No Interest in JVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back