Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throw Up Game Of Thrones GIF
North coughing up picks 2, 3 & F1st for pick 1 šŸ˜‚

That's what it will take to give up Reid.

BASED ON ASSUMPTION NORTH GET MACKAY CONCESSION PICK 3.

North trade 2,3
GC trade 5, 2024 F1
WC trade 1

North receive 1, GC 2024 F1
GC receive 2
WC receive 3,5

Draft night

1 Reid (NM), 2 Not Curtin (GC), 3 Curtin (WC), 4 Walter (GC - Match Haw bid), 5 ... (HAW), 6 ... (WC)

North have a Rd 1 pick banked for 2024.

I can't see how anybody loses here.

As a neutral this seems like a pretty good effort, but unfortunately it doesnā€™t land WCE all four of Curtin, McKercher, Walter and Duursma. And that is the starting point.

This assumes North get pick 3 for McKay. Yes I still want Reid over this trade because we can just get our trade targets with later picks, just spitballing ideas.

West Coast in: 4, 11, 18, 70, Tyler Brockman, Denver Grainger Barras, Jordan Sweet

West Coast out: 1, 55, 58

Hawthorn in: 1, 55, 58, 66

Hawthorn out: 4, 30, F1, Brockman, DGB

Gold Coast in: F1, 30

Gold Coast out: 5, 66, 70

Western Bulldogs in: 5

Western Bulldogs out: 11, 18, Jordan Sweet

Brisbane in: Pick 39

Brisbane out: Deven Robertson

West Coast turns our draft hand of 1, 20, 36, 39, 55 and 58 into:

Pick 4 - Zane Duursma

Pick 11 - Ollie Murphy

Pick 18 - Koltyn Tholstrup

Pick 20 - Riley Hardeman

Pick 36 - Taylor Goad

Pick 70 - Lance Collard(bid matched)

and Tyler Brockman, Denver Grainger Barras, Jordan Sweet and Deven Robertson
Lay down the crack pipe son

With North likely to get pick 3 it seems

I doubt they will be interested in pick 5 and 6 alone for 1 now. Very good chance all of Reid, Duursma, Curtin, Mckercher are gone before those picks

Exactly. This really isn't rocket science but there's plenty just throwing numbers around and getting frustrated without understanding the nature of this draft.

Exactly. This really isn't rocket science but there's plenty just throwing numbers around and getting frustrated without understanding the nature of this draft.

Like the Oliver/Bont drafts where they werenā€™t even considered top 10 picks at this point of the year?

Like the Oliver/Bont drafts where they werenā€™t even considered top 10 picks at this point of the year?

Every trade period someone will state something along these lines thinking they've come up with some Eureka genius point...

But just to reiterate, yes, everyone knows the draft isn't an exact science. This isn't the newly discovered gamechanging POV you think it is.

Despite the genius nature of your position you will still find clubs would rather have the 1st pick at getting it wrong rather than the 5th, 10th, 21st, whatever pick at getting it wrong.
They are obviously not as clued in as yourself and your colleague the danster.

Every trade period someone will state something along these lines thinking they've come up with some Eureka genius point...

But just to reiterate, yes, everyone knows the draft isn't an exact science. This isn't the newly discovered gamechanging POV you think it is.

Despite the genius nature of your position you will still find clubs would rather have the 1st pick at getting it wrong rather than the 5th, 10th, 21st, whatever pick at getting it wrong.
They are obviously not as clued in as yourself and your colleague the danster.

You were referring to the specific nature of this draft - can you elaborate

I'd go on to say about 70% of Eagles supporters just want us to pick Reid.

There's 30% that want us to trade it.
Hopefully our recruiters are in the 70% mindset and have some common sense just to keep him.
I am not sure their would be 30% that would want to trade.A trade too good too refuse might make some think that it is worth splitting.
I haven't seen anything suggested that makes me think it is worth considering.
I was thinking at one stage it might be a good idea but the longer this goes i think it would be stupid to miss out on Reid.
This is a compromised draft.If their is a draft pick that might be considered to split it might be pick 19

I am not sure their would be 30% that would want to trade.A trade too good too refuse might make some think that it is worth splitting.
I haven't seen anything suggested that makes me think it is worth considering.
I was thinking at one stage it might be a good idea but the longer this goes i think it would be stupid to miss out on Reid.
This is a compromised draft.If their is a draft pick that might be considered to split it might be pick 19
Agreed, the first pic of the 2nd round is gold, but in the eyes of so many, especially the media DHs we only have pic 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BASED ON ASSUMPTION NORTH GET MACKAY CONCESSION PICK 3.

North trade 2,3
GC trade 5, 2024 F1
WC trade 1

North receive 1, GC 2024 F1
GC receive 2
WC receive 3,5

Draft night

1 Reid (NM), 2 Not Curtin (GC), 3 Curtin (WC), 4 Walter (GC - Match Haw bid), 5 ... (HAW), 6 ... (WC)

North have a Rd 1 pick banked for 2024.

I can't see how anybody loses here.
I could see North looking at the but I'd be disappointed. More likely that North try and trade 2 to GC for their first and future 1st.

Hey Eagles fans would the following be of any interest? Just spitballing

Suns Pick 4 and F1
Eagles Pick 1, 19, 35, 39

Your not going to get much with the picks in the 30s but they would greatly help us with academy points

We get Reid AND our academy boys

Eagles get 2 top 4-5 picks

Suns Pick 4 and F1

Your not going to get much with the picks in the 30s but they would greatly help us with academy points

Lol, nope.

Probably the worst deal to be proposed in this thread, and there's been some doozies...

I could see North looking at the but I'd be disappointed. More likely that North try and trade 2 to GC for their first and future 1st.
Leaves us with too big a points gap this year, so canā€™t be considered

Suns Pick 4 and F1

No one would even trade 1 for 4 and F1 alone mate.

Suns Pick 4 and F1

Sheesh that's bad.

Suns Pick 4 and F1

We'd do the following. I value WCE F1 at 2 and GC's F1 at 10.

WCE F1 and 19 for 4 and GC F1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back