Pick 1 2023 Trade value - What would it take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not looked at where wa kids should go in the draft.

But I'd trade pick 1 everyday of the week. As its not the last piece of the puzzle.

Go see gws see what they will give aim for 1 in top 5, 1 in top 10, 1 in top 15 and 1 in top 18.

Sell barrass to Sydney for pick 5 e en if you need to pay part of his salary.

Got to the draft with 3 top 10 picks and use your 3 picks inside the top 20, which includes your first from round 2 to trade wa lads home aged between 22 and 25. Who are not necessarily the best footballers but great leaders or give 110 percent each week. Like spp.

Try and get yourselves a leader also like a pendles or boak just not quiet that old.

Not looked at where wa kids should go in the draft.

But I'd trade pick 1 everyday of the week. As its not the last piece of the puzzle.

Go see gws see what they will give aim for 1 in top 5, 1 in top 10, 1 in top 15 and 1 in top 18.

Sell barrass to Sydney for pick 5 e en if you need to pay part of his salary.

Got to the draft with 3 top 10 picks and use your 3 picks inside the top 20, which includes your first from round 2 to trade wa lads home aged between 22 and 25. Who are not necessarily the best footballers but great leaders or give 110 percent each week. Like spp.

Try and get yourselves a leader also like a pendles or boak just not quiet that old.
Trade a leader to get a leader?

SPP, Your happy letting him go home to the eagles?

No way, but if the Eagles are not asking the question of those types of players you would be dissappointed.
If you ask enough questions and put enough money in front of them something will full out. Even though they are a club in disarray atm, the Eagles have some serious pulling power

Pass on SPP, has ability but was advised to leave Perth due to his dickhead mates.

See Marlion Pickett on how they can still drag you down.

If I am West Coast, I am not interested in pick 1 for three picks inside 12-15.

Gold Coast had 3 picks inside 10 and came up with Ainsworth, Scrimshaw and Bowes. Essendon did a little better, but not much so far.

I would be only listening to offers of 1 + my two 3rds for at least 10 picks inside 30 over the next two drafts. GWS are always swimming in picks and will no doubt get more after the annual feeding frenzy on their list occurs later this year. So they would need to be involved.

It would be tough to pass on Reid, but West Coast could completely reshape their list in 12 months with one trade.

But unless they can get a motherload of picks, I would just take Reid.

10 x top 30 picks? Ffs.

That’s Chris Judd, Jeremy Cameron, Patrick Dangerfield + picks to spare.

Reid is a gun but wow is he starting to get overrated.

as was mentioned by player agent Scott Lucas many clubs would take jed Walter over Harley Reid if he wasn’t a suns academy player

Reid isn’t head and shoulders the number 1 pick and won’t get deals like we saw for JHF which Tbf was effectively only 2 first rounders anyway

10 x top 30 picks? Ffs.

If a team is going to offer 3 picks under 15, why is it unrealistic to split each of those selections into 3 picks under 30 if multiple teams are involved?

Anything less than something like that, I don’t see the point for the eagles.

Depends on his character but I think it’s a risk for WCE given the near term outlook of where they are at.

These 2 look good. All depends where the WA talent is rated.

North pick 2 + 18 (Port 1st) + 22 (North 2nd)
Or
Giants Pick 5 + 7 (Richmond 1st)

They may be holding 1 and 2 with a priority pick going their way
lol what? How on earth will they manage to get a priorty pick?

If they only win 1 game this year that will give them 23 wins in the last 4 years.

We got a future 2nd and 3rd - that we had to trade after winning 13 games in 4 years.

WCE are no chance this year to get any assistance.

as was mentioned by player agent Scott Lucas many clubs would take jed Walter over Harley Reid if he wasn’t a suns academy player

Reid isn’t head and shoulders the number 1 pick and won’t get deals like we saw for JHF which Tbf was effectively only 2 first rounders anyway
Still a long way to go before the draft too. This time last year, I don’t think Cadman was even talked about as a number 1 pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL should provide WCE with a non tradable beginning of round 1 compensation pick to remedy this.

Can't see trading picks will be enough to fix the situation. It would resolve the draft tampering suggestions and prepare for Tasmania.
For 2 bad years you want pick 1? We had 3 and got a future 2nd and 3rd rounders we had to trade.

Come back next year - another shocker and you may get some late useless future picks - that you must trade.

lol what? How on earth will they manage to get a priorty pick?

If they only win 1 game this year that will give them 23 wins in the last 4 years.

We got a future 2nd and 3rd - that we had to trade after winning 13 games in 4 years.

WCE are no chance this year to get any assistance.

Jeremy McGovern and Luke Shuey are free agents - throw them both together and some secret AFL herbs n spices formula to give them a top end compensation pick.

EDIT : scratch that, McGovern signed another 2 years apparently. Missed opportunity from Eagles.

Jeremy McGovern and Luke Shuey are free agents - throw them both together and some secret AFL herbs n spices formula to give them a top end compensation pick.

EDIT : scratch that, McGovern signed another 2 years apparently. Missed opportunity from Eagles.
You can't add two salaries to get a pick.

Shuey is also 34 next year and can't stay on the park - this will have to be his last year.

I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t end up with GWS, for a package around their two firsts.

West coast can the. trade one of GWS’s picks for two later firsts and end up with 3 first rounders for pick 1. That should get them a look in at most of the WA talent.
Depends on his character but I think it’s a risk for WCE given the near term outlook of where they are at.

These 2 look good. All depends where the WA talent is rated.

North pick 2 + 18 (Port 1st) + 22 (North 2nd)
Or
Giants Pick 5 + 7 (Richmond 1st)
I mean Clay Hall would be a good pickup for our midfield. But ATM he seems rated at being selected after our pick 19 (where I'd have no qualms with West Coast selecting him).
I think you would have to water down the no. 1 pick substantially to justify taking WA boys this year.
The best two atm are a ruckman and a key back, which I would prefer not to spend top 10 picks on.
So we either compromise the pick 1 greatly, trade down and reach for types of players we don't urgently need (as a priority) due to them being from WA or we select non-WA talent with at least our first pick (be it Reid or otherwise).
I really hope it is the latter.

I mean Clay Hall would be a good pickup for our midfield. But ATM he seems rated at being selected after our pick 19 (where I'd have no qualms with West Coast selecting him).
I think you would have to water down the no. 1 pick substantially to justify taking WA boys this year.
The best two atm are a ruckman and a key back, which I would prefer not to spend top 10 picks on.
So we either compromise the pick 1 greatly, trade down and reach for types of players we don't urgently need (as a priority) due to them being from WA or we select non-WA talent with at least our first pick (be it Reid or otherwise).
I really hope it is the latter.

Draft WA players or not, that part is just based on last year, but I suspect the appeal of 3 good first round players over 1 will grow stronger as the club starts making calls on the list.

10 x top 30 picks? Ffs.

There's plenty of crap players picked up inside the top 30 of drafts too. If Reid is a guaranteed superstar, then why should a club take a risk of missing on some draft picks?

GWS for mine. They have the picks, they don't need any more high picks so can burn a couple, and can offer him a competitive environment right away.

Could see a Pick 5 and 7 (current), plus Future 2nd, for Pick 1 and a 3rd, or something similar.

GWS for mine. They have the picks, they don't need any more high picks so can burn a couple, and can offer him a competitive environment right away.

Could see a Pick 5 and 7 (current), plus Future 2nd, for Pick 1 and a 3rd, or something similar.
If he doesn't wanna leave vic why would he go to western sydney and why would they throw away picks for a guy that could leave in a few years anyway

As a club that has seen hyped pick 1s come and go… Patton, Boyd, Whitfield (and even Scully). They were all super hyped…. As every pick 1 is (except for Cadman funnily enough).
For me I’d much rather take two or three good first round picks to the draft (quite possibly top ten picks).
We don’t really need a big midfielder… we need more agile, burst types, to suit our new gamestyle.
So I hope West Coast keep pick 1 and take Reid. If they do, I hope they can retain him after his two years… I’m personally sick of the lack of resilience that too many young players show.

As a club that has seen hyped pick 1s come and go… Patton, Boyd, Whitfield (and even Scully). They were all super hyped…. As every pick 1 is (except for Cadman funnily enough).
For me I’d much rather take two or three good first round picks to the draft (quite possibly top ten picks).
We don’t really need a big midfielder… we need more agile, burst types, to suit our new gamestyle.
So I hope West Coast keep pick 1 and take Reid. If they do, I hope they can retain him after his two years… I’m personally sick of the lack of resilience that too many young players show.
It's a sad state of affairs and something the AFL need to stamp out and tell the AFLPA to shut up on.

It's a national sport and players should be happy to play anywhere. Otherwise stick to the VFL/state league level. Draftees telling clubs they wouldn't sign beyond the initial contract or prefer to stay in their state is a form of draft tampering.

The AFLPA saying they would oppose any increase of initial draftee contract beyond 2 years is a joke. Just like their stamce against trading players without their consent.

It's a sad state of affairs and something the AFL need to stamp out and tell the AFLPA to shut up on.

It's a national sport and players should be happy to play anywhere. Otherwise stick to the VFL/state league level. Draftees telling clubs they wouldn't sign beyond the initial contract or prefer to stay in their state is a form of draft tampering.

The AFLPA saying they would oppose any increase of initial draftee contract beyond 2 years is a joke. Just like their stamce against trading players without their consent.
Draft tampering by who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back