Pick 3 + Fev is not enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on.
The Eagles could really shoot themselves in the foot pretty badly over this.

Like Port? They held strong, and got a Premiership Cup for their efforts. What did Nick Stevens get? Oh yeah, two wooden spoons.

They are still a strong team without Chris Judd, and even if they did lose him for nothing they are a premiership threat. On the flipside, if Carlton was his preferred destination, Judd wouldn't get there because he'd become a Tiger.

Woosha will say that pick 3 and Fev isn't enough, but he would take it in a heartbeat when real discussions start. Fevola and Morton >> Judd.
What other club could offer WC one of the best forwards in the country and the young gun they are desperate to get.
WC would jump at this, however i would be suprised if Carlton would give up Fevola and a Morton/Cotchin for a 24 y/o with injury concerns. They would be crazy.
Carlton will offer Fev and 20 or 3 and a lesser player. Nothing else.

Kennedy wouldnt make our best 22. We wont take players who wont be in our best 22. We have established that much

Whats the difference between Kennedy and say pick 5? It's likely neither will be in your best 22 at the start of next season, only difference is that Kennedy has 2 years AFL experience and training. I reckon you'll end up with Kennedy and pick 3 at best.

Whats the difference between Kennedy and say pick 5? It's likely neither will be in your best 22 at the start of next season, only difference is that Kennedy has 2 years AFL experience and training. I reckon you'll end up with Kennedy and pick 3 at best.

You're better off with the pick over Kennedy.. After all, what good is 2 years AFL experience when the experience was tanking and Carlton.

You're better off with an untainted piece of clay to mould yourself, instead of trying to remove the losing mentality

I think pick 3 plus Fev is a likely compromise. Agree Judd is worth more but Carlton will obviously try and keep access to a quality ruckman, something they lack. The key to that outcome will be whether Judd's other preferred clubs can beat that.

And Morton plus Fev isnt a bad scenario...Woosha has stated he'd consider a mature player as part of a deal with different eras bringing different recruiting policies. And he's worked well with Fevola briefly in the past. Fevola would see us almost a complete side provided he's switched on and motivated....and has apparently stated he wouldnt mind heading West in the past.

Blues supporters are deluding themselves. Don't worry - you'll get Judd, but you'll pay dearly for it. Tigers basically won't bother (we'd love him but too pricey), but the Demons will offer pick 4, Johnstone or Bruce, and another half decent player. That's not gold but it's better than 3, 20 and Kennedy. The Bombers'll probably also outbid with young players.

It'll be 3 and Fev and Kennedy/20.

or it might not be...

Blues supporters are deluding themselves. Don't worry - you'll get Judd, but you'll pay dearly for it. Tigers basically won't bother (we'd love him but too pricey), but the Demons will offer pick 4, Johnstone or Bruce, and another half decent player. That's not gold but it's better than 3, 20 and Kennedy. The Bombers'll probably also outbid with young players.

or it might not be...

I'm an idiot.

or it might not be...

Carlton gets shat all over in that deal.

Unless WCE offer Judd and another player, or their first round pick.

If Judd was in the draft he would be selected with pick 1. His worth is this at the least. West Coast will not accept anything less than the first pick. Fev and an early second round pick on top of this would probably seal the deal.

3, Fev and Kennedy/20 is worth taking.

Morton adds some longer term development at 3, and pick 20/Kennedy may be of value, though this year's draft isn't seen as having the depth of past years.

Fev would be a consistent matchwinner in a stronger side....Eags would go very close to winning it again with a potent goalkicker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Judd was in the draft he would be selected with pick 1. His worth is this at the least. West Coast will not accept anything less than the first pick. Fev and an early second round pick on top of this would probably seal the deal.

Bet they do. A fully fit, no injury risk 20 yo Judd would be selected at 1, but that's not what's on offer. If Carlton hand over pick 1, they are being screwed. They can do without Judd, they can't do without a ruckman.

Bet they do. A fully fit, no injury risk 20 yo Judd would be selected at 1, but that's not what's on offer. If Carlton hand over pick 1, they are being screwed. They can do without Judd, they can't do without a ruckman.

An unproven ruckman is just that. Unproven. May or may not be a good player slight chance of being a great player. Judd is a proven great and a match winner with 7 or 8 years left in him. I know who i'd pick.

Carlton gets shat all over in that deal.

Unless WCE offer Judd and another player, or their first round pick.

That's what I'm saying. There's enough interest and ability to pay from other clubs, so that the Blues will have to go over the market value (especially considering Judd's injury concerns). Any auction situation with more than one cashed up bidder will go over the reserve, and like it or not, the Eagles are the vendor - not Judd (unless he goes to the PSD, which he won't).

Mind games. In Woosha's and WCE managements would be satisfied- not happy but satisfied with that deal. IMO that is a very good deal. They'll get IMO around 300 goals off Fev- heck he could either kick 100 next year at the Weagles or be a complete failure. Fev really needs to change his attitude... I'n not sure going to West Coast is going to help that much though.. Anyway, they get a good player with pick 3 which at worst will be a Fiora who is a servicable player and at best they get another Judd.

I've read a few threads, and the conversation is very scattered, so I'll add my 2 cents worth into this one.

A KP forward is not the only type of player West Coast would accept.

Clearly a pacey line-breaking midfielder would work well as a like-for-like replacement for list balance.

A key defender. Even though we have some good young defenders on our list, no doubt somebody to step into CHB (and freeing up Hunter) would slot straight into the side and help us immensely over the next few years in an effort to win a flag.

A small defender with good footskills. Our backline is full of horrible kicks and poor decision-makers. With Wirra coming towards the end of his career (and possibly being used up forward more) it'd be good to have someone that can either play a shutdown role, or roam across half-back and rebound effectively.

A small forward. Probably not so much of a gun, but as a sweetener a small forward would be good. LeCras has shown heaps, but he may be required in the midfield over the next few years. Similarly, a ruckman that may be better developed than the draft prospects could sweeten the deal.

Yep, West Coast have clearly gone mad with greed.

Either that or he really really wants Pick 1 & 3 and this is his way of trying to squeeze them out of Carlton.

Maybe if you look after your players better. We are the same, anyway I think the best player in the league for selection one and three is a pretty good deal. Maybe throw in Waite as well might get the deal done.

Maybe if you look after your players better.
:confused:

We are the same, anyway I think the best player in the league for selection one and three is a pretty good deal. Maybe throw in Waite as well might get the deal done.

Well I don't agree. Pick 1 and 3 for any player is rediculously over the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 3 + Fev is not enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back