Essendon vow enough is enough

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be the 22nd year in a row that we have finished 7th or lower on the ladder. Every year from 2003-2024 inclusive.

22 years in a row.

To put that in perspective, there is a 33% chance of finishing 1st-6th, and a 66% chance of finishing 7th-18th. So, the 66% chance has come up 22 years in a row, assuming all clubs have an equal chance in a salary cap/draft competition.

The chance of this happening is 1 in 9,345

So, either we are incredibly unlucky, or there is something very, very wrong.

The incredible part is, during those entire 22 years, I've missed two games - Round one 2010 versus Geelong when I was best man at a wedding. And another in 2007 versus Adelaide at Marvel, when I was playing in a Grand Final myself. Something tells me I haven't really got value for money. Glutton for punishment.
How did you retain your spot in the GF side if you're always watching Essendon instead of playing?

Are you like the Clark Keating of local footy?

Actually the fact that the comp was a 16 team league (and 17 for one season) makes the odds blow out to more than 10,000.

In a competition with fewer teams, it should be theoretically easier to finish in the top-6, so not being able to do it in a 16-team comp makes the "achievement" even worse.

Edit:

Chance of finishing 7th or worse in 18-team league: 66.66% (13 years.....2012-2024)
Chance of finishing 7th or worse in 17-team league: 64.71% (1 year........2011)
Chance of finishing 7th or worse in a 16-team league: 62.5% (8 years......2003-2010)

1 in 14,749
Star Wars GIF

Brad Scott's press conferences are awesome.

He's a very confused man. He goes from playing the role of wise old sage with little pearls of wisdom that are presumably supposed to impress us all, but are either lame cliches or nonsensical gibberish. I'm still recovering from 'resultist'.
Then he flips to being an emotional, reactive normal person. Then he kind of checks himself for being normal, and flips into some weird riddler character that says stuff like 'I'm not going to sit here and talk about the statistics to you....but when you have the ball in front half for 84% of the time and go Inside 50 39 times blah blah blah...' Appreciate you not talking statistics to us Braddles.

He was asked how it feels, and he started explaining how it feels, then cut himself off and said 'You can use all types of words to describe it...but it doesn't matter..'

Thanks Brad. It does matter. That's literally what answering a question is. You use all sorts of words to describe stuff. That's the whole point. People ask you things because they want to know what you think. You then use all sorts of words to communicate your thoughts.

Man, he's a classic.

This will be the 22nd year in a row that we have finished 7th or lower on the ladder. Every year from 2003-2024 inclusive.

22 years in a row.

To put that in perspective, there is a 33% chance of finishing 1st-6th, and a 66% chance of finishing 7th-18th. So, the 66% chance has come up 22 years in a row, assuming all clubs have an equal chance in a salary cap/draft competition.

The incredible part is, during those entire 22 years, I've missed two games - Round one 2010 versus Geelong when I was best man at a wedding. And another in 2007 versus Adelaide at Marvel, when I was playing in a Grand Final myself. Something tells me I haven't really got value for money. Glutton for punishment.
Stunning stat

22 years in a row.

I say this in jest of course but have you ever thought maybe you're the problem?

Wonderful devotion.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

22 years in a row.

Bro, well done, but like, why? No one is gonna reward you for being a top notch loyal supporter. Surely it can't be good for your mental health.

Just ignore em til they get their shit together (if ever) then hop on the bandwagon like everyone else. Your 🧠 will thank you for it

We need a comprehensive club review of operations.

That’ll fix things ready for next year.
Yep, all run by Barham, Sheedy and Dodo.

"We have investigated ourselves and found ourselves to be the most appropriate individuals for our roles."

Yep, all run by Barham, Sheedy and Dodo.

"We have investigated ourselves and found ourselves to be the most appropriate individuals for our roles."
Or they could go the George Constanza way of ..

“ if you condense all the highlights of the last twenty years into 2 hours of football…it looks pretty decent “

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon vow enough is enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back