News pick 43 welcome Marcus Davies

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you'll find our recruiting this year has been based a lot on psychological profiling and wanting to get in players with a real mental resiliency.
That.......along with the new "no ********s" policy.

Rookie draft will be interesting. ;)

I don't have a problem with who we pick. we have gone for pace+hardness with all 3 pick but I wouldn't have pick davies at 43 I would have gone for fitzpatrick because if you drop him in at ff with henderson at chf it would give us two very moble tall (very tall) and with betts, yarran, garlett and now kerr we would a young but great forward 6 or I would have gone for troy taylor because imo he is a huge talent and will be a super star. But it all history and we have 3 new player who could walk straight into our team

Got the talls covered mate - Kruezer, Hendo, Carlos, rotating ruckman....:thumbsu:

I don't have a problem with who we pick. we have gone for pace+hardness with all 3 pick but I wouldn't have pick davies at 43 I would have gone for fitzpatrick because if you drop him in at ff with henderson at chf it would give us two very moble tall (very tall) and with betts, yarran, garlett and now kerr we would a young but great forward 6 or I would have gone for troy taylor because imo he is a huge talent and will be a super star. But it all history and we have 3 new player who could walk straight into our team

Fitzpatrick may have been an option there, but i'm not sure if you are aware that he has been suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome for the past couple of years.

I really think that we have enough talls to play at both ends of the ground next year, and what's more exciting is how flexible and unpredictable we will be next year.

As exciting as it is to have Lucas, I am really excited by this selection as well :thumbsu:

Other then the fact he's another tough Tassie boy, I really like the look of him from what I've seen in the footage. Yes I know it's only a highlights vid, but from what we've heard said about him and his skills and hardness he possesses, I can't help but be a little excited :D

As exciting as it is to have Lucas, I am really excited by this selection as well :thumbsu:

Other then the fact he's another tough Tassie boy, I really like the look of him from what I've seen in the footage. Yes I know it's only a highlights vid, but from what we've heard said about him and his skills and hardness he possesses, I can't help but be a little excited :D
Did you catch him on WIN news tonight BlueSnake? Pretty impressive once again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ahahahahahaha. i love it how everyone says the same old shit about the late selected players. how on earth do you know that he was rated 14?

ericpascoe is known for giving reliable information jono.

Think about it... has ericpascoe been wrong about any of his predictions/comments on here lately?

He has a better contact in the club than just about anyone else here.

Might wanna check the bloke's past cred, champ. :rolleyes:

Had no idea this bloke wasn't trolling. Apologies.

Looking at his tapes on the CFC website, Davies does look a lively prospect. He plays KP very well, but his 191cm frame may be exposed by taller AFL forwards.

Here's hoping he can turn into a very good medium defender a la Corey Enright.

Marcus Davies

Club: Tassie Mariners (TAS). Height: 188cm. Weight: 84kg. DOB: 4/06/1991

Quick midfielder/defender who possesses great power and endurance. Has sound skills by both hand and foot. Performed well for Tasmania at NAB AFL U18 Championships. Outstanding endurance at draft camp with 15.1 beep test (top 5 per cent). Averaged 20 disposals for TAS U18’s. From North Hobart FC.

:) The Carlton Web Site list Marcus as being 191cm. If this is correct then we look to have drafted another Mitch Robinson only bigger. From the TV footage I have seen of him, he looks like an old fashioned no nonsense tough as nails defender. It looks like Hughes couldn't resist Lucas when He came up and we have gone for Davies as our big defender pickup instead of Talia.:)

Hands up who'd like this runaway truck heading for them full tilt? Dipper's shoulders, McPhee's arms, Fraser Brown's steely look of death. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

My hand is def. up

After seeing Davies highlight video, all I can say is, is WOW! Looks like a real tough nut, hard at it, ready made, confident when going back with the flight of the ball, almost Luke Hodge like:thumbsu:

Can you imagine this guy after 2 pre-seasons at an AFL club with state of the art facilities??? He will be an absolute animal on the field. Really impressed so far.

Good luck to the bloke and I hope he gets the #43.

Remove this Banner Ad

News pick 43 welcome Marcus Davies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back