Player Watch Pick #5 (2006) - Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

If norf are recruiting Darling for 2 years, they'll be into Boak for that as well plus an off-field role. Clarkson more than any other coach has always had a hard on for PA people.

Either way, reckon he'll be at a Vic club next year.

Tend to agree that it would be best for Boak to leave the club entirely. If he’s going to ever come back in a coaching capacity, he needs to develop those skills somewhere else first.
Yeah, needs to go away and spend one year at West Adelaide to gain worldly experience that would make him a real asset to the Port Adelaide coaching group

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His finals were stinkers but he was relatively solid across the year. Still keeps himself in excellent shape and looks after the mental side of things very well.

I think one more year, on low to average money, as a back up, help push standards around selection, play in the SANFL and the occasional AFL game - let him plan for his post AFL career as well.

His finals were stinkers but he was relatively solid across the year. Still keeps himself in excellent shape and looks after the mental side of things very well.

I think one more year, on low to average money, as a back up, help push standards around selection, play in the SANFL and the occasional AFL game - let him plan for his post AFL career as well.
He's a perfect spare part if he wants to be one.

I'd prefer to keep Boak as a backup, primarily playing SANFL to make the Magpies more competitive and help them develop. With any luck our young forwards there will also benefit from (hopefully) seeing more of the footy.
Will only stay if he’s considered best 22. If it’s the depth option (which I’m sure is what’s been offered) he’ll retire. He thinks he’s got 400 in him.
Thanks for your service Trav, enjoy Collingwood.

Nice guys club.
He's done.

There's nothing wrong with what's being reported. Not included in the tweets or reports is anything about the role Port envisages for Boak in 2025.

Boak's not perfect, but the club owes a player of his standing a clear explanation of how he factors into our plans for 2025, so that he can make an informed decision about whether he wants to stay, retire, or seek better senior football opportunities elsewhere.

I also think there's a longer game to be played. Even if there are some things we don't want our players to learn from a guy who is 1-4 in prelims and the sole survivor of the 2007 GF, there is a lot that we should want players to learn from him about fitness, conditioning, and professionalism. It would be a mistake to let that knowledge walk out the door without being very confident that we can replace it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #5 (2006) - Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back