Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

A reminder that Nick Daicos played through the finals last year with a broken leg.

Rozee having a broken fingernail or whatever so-called injury it is should not be impacting his ability to perform and out his body on the line.

I agree and I’d flick off Butters for two top 10’s instead
Yeah let's trade our best player who's still only 24 years old for a shot at John Butcher and Andrew Moore, ****ing brilliant idea.

Bigfooty's obsession with draft picks is ludicrous. Even in the 5% chance you snagged a player as good as Butters with one of those picks, what's even the point if five years later you're just trading that player out for draft picks too?

Yeah let's trade our best player who's still only 24 years old for a shot at John Butcher and Andrew Moore, ****ing brilliant idea.

Bigfooty's obsession with draft picks is ****ing ludicrous. Even in the 5% chance you snagged a player as good as Butters with one of those picks, what's even the point if five years later you're just trading that player out for draft picks too?

Absolutely. A bird in the hand. We need to see what our best players can do in finals under a non-Neanderthal coach. Drafts picks are a huge gamble.

A reminder that Nick Daicos played through the finals last year with a broken leg.

Rozee having a broken fingernail or whatever so-called injury it is should not be impacting his ability to perform and out his body on the line.

To be fair there is a reasonable difference between a hairline fracture a month before finals and ‘playing through finals with a broken leg’.

Bigfooty's obsession with draft picks is ludicrous. Even in the 5% chance you snagged a player as good as Butters with one of those picks, what's even the point if five years later you're just trading that player out for draft picks too?
Our best player who is a serial under performer in finals. His most recent final when under the pump went and took himself off.

I’d rather keep Houston who is more influential and get rid of ours called best player for yes your magic beans. You are aware I made you argument last week! My point is Houston IMO is more important.

I’m sick and tired of non performers who are big names. So yea flick him off for magic beans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our best player who is a serial under performer in finals.
Our entire team are serial underperformers in finals. Watch that change under a coach who doesn't tell them that finals are scary. Or, you know, trade Zac Butters for John Butcher and Andrew Moore, whichever you prefer.

Our entire team are serial underperformers in finals. Watch that change under a coach who doesn't tell them that finals are scary. Or, you know, trade Zac Butters for John Butcher and Andrew Moore, whichever you prefer.
Zac sounds like he’s going in 2026 according to pundits here anyway.

Or trade him out for Zac Butters mark 2 and JHF, who knows

Our best player who is a serial under performer in finals. His most recent final when under the pump went and took himself off.

I’d rather keep Houston who is more influential and get rid of ours called best player for yes your magic beans. You are aware I made you argument last week! My point is Houston IMO is more important.

I’m sick and tired of non performers who are big names. So yea flick him off for magic beans.
you clearly have never had bruised ribs keyboard warriour.
First of all there is the pain, purely off of that he could play
however there is also the fact that when we inhale the ribs move upwards and when we exhale they move inwards, the pain is excrutiating. during a highly aerobic game like afl, being a midfielder, he would have to take deep breaths frequently, to the point where the pain causes shallow breaths and making butters struggle to breathe.

Get where you're coming from Rick. But again, I think we need to keep all our best players around. It's clearly mental stuff that's the difference in finals, and a non-Neanderthal coach should be able to help them get that side of things right.

If we STILL see poor efforts under a human coach, then trade your arse off - I would be all for it.

you clearly have never had bruised ribs keyboard warriour.

I have no idea if Rick has had bruised ribs, but "keyboard warriour" (sic.) seems a tad rude to someone who's been part of the furniture here for the best part of 20 years, someone who we used to listen to on a Port podcast regularly. He's just stating his opinions, not being rude to you.

Zac sounds like he’s going in 2026 according to pundits here anyway.

Or trade him out for Zac Butters mark 2 and JHF, who knows

He'll be a restriction free agent in 2026. Possibly a smart move by him & manager to get a better deal because he'll have the Vic clubs coming and Port (I'm hoping) will easily match ANY offer made for him and if the clubs want to get him then, they'll need to trade for him at a very expensive price, but, Butters will stay on board with Port. Don't listen to the garbage. Yeah, he was a doggies fan as was probably majority of people In the area he grew up and the team, Darley, he played for. It's in Ballarat. But things change.

I have no idea if Rick has had bruised ribs, but "keyboard warriour" (sic.) seems a tad rude to someone who's been part of the furniture here for the best part of 20 years, someone who we used to listen to on a Port podcast regularly. He's just stating his opinions, not being rude to you.
i understand that, but wanting to trade butters is wild.

I’m actually trying to think if I played a sport with bruised ribs.

I bowled 20 overs in a cricket semi final with a fracture in my foot and magic spray plus Panadol off 6 steps to help my team.

I’ve had a hockey ball deflected into my face, full pace strike from former Australian players Andrew Meredith and Bradley Young, that hurt, iced up and played on.

Bruised hands ribs not sure. But if players can play with punctured lungs etc for the good of the team, I’m sure and shit hoping our star player will try when the going is getting tough. Who knows, 50 points down in the third game over protect him, but when the game is still there and needs fight I don’t know. Yes however other players had issues I get that.

i understand that, but wanting to trade butters is wild.
Is it, or selective reading? Plenty people here shit canning Rozee, questioning Butters etc

We need draft capital, my opinion is if we lose one, I’d rather lose Butters than Houston. Come at me I don’t care.

Dom gets a bad wrap here, he was a very tough footballer. Definitely not soft at the contest. A real scrapper he was, no frills but got the job done and was respected by his team mates as he won the best team man award about 4-5 years straight as captain.

Had to lead the team through really difficult years too.

Not sure how over time people have forgotten all that and talk about him as if he was the worlds worst footballer and captain.

Rozee is the first captain we’ve had that’s been soft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dom gets a bad wrap here, he was a very tough footballer. Definitely not soft at the contest. A real scrapper he was, no frills but got the job done and was respected by his team mates as he won the best team man award about 4-5 years straight as captain.

Had to lead the team through really difficult years too.

Not sure how over time people have forgotten all that and talk about him as if he was the worlds worst footballer and captain.

Rozee is the first captain we’ve had that’s been soft.

Cucksissy

I actually hope some of this stuff we are saying about Rozee being soft as butter gets back to him, I hope he reads all of it and maybe the penny might finally drop that it’s time for him as captain to make a fckn stand.

I don’t think anyone is expecting him to turn into Byron Pickett but at least get a grass stain or two on your shorts.

Man up, you’re not a little boy anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back